MLF My Fictional Football League

hugevolsfan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bump

I am close to posting Carolina with a new helmet design if you seen my previous version. I have been attending Bible School this week so not much time to work.

I am still having problems with getting the script just right. Everything else is done.

bump

I am close to posting Carolina with a new helmet design if you seen my previous version. I have been attending Bible School this week so not much time to work.

I am still having problems with getting the script just right. Everything else is done.

Hey man no rush. I just didnt want to see this get pushed to far back then put in the graveyard ya know. :grin:

Isn't the Marshalls concept kind of just a re-hash of the NY Giants? I mean, I like the color scheme, but it reminds me a ton of NYG.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Isn't the Marshalls concept kind of just a re-hash of the NY Giants? I mean, I like the color scheme, but it reminds me a ton of NYG.

I can appreciate what you mean but re-hash is not the correct word to use. It implies I slapped my logo on the New York Giants uniforms.

I hope you can see I did not.

In a league with 32 teams that mirrors the NFL you will see several that are similar.

The Bombers colors are close to the Broncos, The Stallions are da Raiders'. The Breakers are similar to the Titans.

None were intentional but what I envisioned for each team.

I have updated the number font on the Stallions uniforms which you can see in the original post or by clicking here. It just did not look right to me so let me know if you all like it better.

I would have posted Carolina already but my jersey template did not get saved & I accidently pulled the plug on the computer. Anyway should get posted tonight or tomorrow at the latest .

The Carolina Breakers!

In 1999 the MLF was heading into the new millenium with record earnings. Every team was profitable so expansion was in the air.

The city of Charlotte was awarded one of two franchises to begin play in fall of 2000.

Owner James Reinhardt decided to let his team represent all of the Carolinas.

He wanted the team name to do the same so the Carolina Breakers were born.

The team experienced moderate success early on under the veteran leadership of QB Jesse Long.

However in 2008, the Breakers had the worst record in the league & thus the #1 pick.

New head coach Rick Kollar & company decided to put their hopes in QB Donovan Jackson and he has not disappointed.

Last year Jackson become one of the most exciting players in the league going for 932 yards & 6 TD's on the ground & 3,431 yards & 17 TD's in the air in only his 2nd season.

Kollar is still looking for more pieces to the puzzle on offense that will compliment Jackson, WR Steve Bruce, & All-Pro G Leonard Moore.

The defense got a boost drafting DT Shawn Duckett in 2009 to go along side DE Jermareo Williams, LB Shedrick Clarke, & CB Devin Bennett.

The future looks bright for this young team.

Here are there uniforms & logos C & C.

HomeUpdate-1.png

AwayUpdate-2.png

AlternateUpdate-1.png

I love Carolina. I can see them as the Boston/New Orleans Breakers from the USFL if they were still around today. But, the lettering on the nameplates may be a bit too small.(It also could just be that "Bruce" is a short name and the angle of the jersey. I also like the use of the Riddell helmet from the website into your template and the real images of Nike uniforms. I'd love to mess around with that template.

I like Carolina, not much to say... the logo looks great on the helmet, simple striping that fits the overall idea, good color choice. I also think the names are a bit small, and the only other thing is that I would like to see a different pair of pants maybe white just as another option ya know. Other than that looks good cant wait to see the rest man!!!

I love that logo and it looks really nice on the helmet. Something that's bothering me here though, is the pants stripe. I think it would look better if it were more of a smooth curve. Maybe even try flipping it so it starts at the bottom of the pants and makes a slight C shape.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

That helmet is gorgeous! :shocked:

It might be neat to try a more broken stripe design on the shoulders and pants, akin to the logo, but still a very clean uniform overall.

The one tiny thing I kinda dislike are the "A's" in this wordmark. A majority of the letters appear to be rounded at the top, but the "A's" are more square.

Super, super job, though! I think I'm a Breakers fan:)

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Julius - I wanted to let you know I have enjoyed your league. I have tried similar stripes as the main logo on the pants & jersey but they did not look realistic.

I will try to make the A a little different on the font.

I have tried a new pant stripe please let me know if you like it better if so I will post some updates with white pant alternates.

Ok, I have looked at everything you have made so far.

League Logo - I like them, just as everyone else point out MILF?, lol

Bombers - Looks Great!! Love the old school look. Was a proposed expansion team in 1993.

BaltimoreBombersTM.GIF

BaltimoreBombers93a.GIF

Stallions - Also in 1993 the St. Louis Stallions was a proposed expansion team.

StLouisStallions.GIF

Marshalls - The logo is not right, try playing with it a little. The red outline a little thinner maybe. The Gray, maybe make it look more like silver.

Breakers - Love the logo.

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

Archived