Most Unoriginal Logo/Jersey in Sports

BigBubba

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, it's the Tampa Bay Lightning. I know Steve Yzerman grew up a Leafs fan. I know he spent his whole career with the Red Wings. And I am aware that as a hockey player, he did many Gatorade endorsements. But that does NOT give him the right to incorporate all 3 into a jersey.

Actually, as long as they are not deemed in violation of any trademarks, he has the right to make them look however he wants. Is it good branding? Maybe not. But it's definitely within his rights.

I'm just gonna throw this out there, I love the lightning's new look. From logos to jerseys, I think it looks great

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Easily this one. They've copied pittsburgh's trendy alternate to a tee.

Two tone blue? Check.

Laceup Collar? Check.

Contrasting Shoulder Yolk? Check.

Uninspired Circle logo with team name spelled out around it? Check.

The only thing remotely original about it are the shoulder patches and that isn't a compliment.

flaz.png

Most unoriginal post on an old/rehashed subject (the Lightning's new look)? Probably.

NHL trolls gotta bitch about something now that the Buffaslug is dead.

See? This guy understands!

I sure hope you were just trying to save face there, otherwise you are completely clueless.

I sure hope you realised I wasn't serious. I was pretty much saying: "This guy has it right. I'm doing this thing that's been done before, but I don't care". What else about bad jerseys hasn't been done before. Do you want me to ***** about some 1890s hockey club's shoulder patch?

Naw, I'm just calling post-padding, seeing as how you've been here for less than a week, have almost 50 posts and created this rather self-ranting thread in which you have nearly have the posts. But hey, that's just me.

Archived