Most Unoriginal Logo/Jersey in Sports

BigBubba

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im talking about the overall design of it. It's a jet slapped on top of a leaf inside a circle...nothing special about it at all. Too simple

Until you see WHY it's designed like that. Then it makes perfect sense as to why it looks like it does.

i know why. i dont care. it's a dumb simplistic logo that isnt original.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

dallas_stars_road_white_jersey.jpg

Close:

stars_home_jersey.jpg

No, that jersey's at least somewhat original, what with it being the first like it in NHL history. The road was completely unoriginal.

Rangers12.png

hnyrccmrsd_f260.jpg

http://www.coolhockey.com/p12451/New-York-Rangers-1946-NHL-Vintage-Hockey-Sweater/product_info.html

Most unoriginal primary logo - Cleveland Browns. I don't think this needs explanation.

Most unoriginal primary jerseys - New York Yankees. Say what you will about tradition, the fact is that their uniform set is boring as crap, and you would hear more people say that (as well as see more uniform tweaks and/or an alternate) if they weren't such a successful franchise.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

boring is not a synonym for unoriginal.

this thread is filled with awful examples.

This^

unoriginal |ˌənəˈrijənl|

adjective

lacking originality; derivative : an uninteresting and unoriginal essay.

Unoriginal means everyone is doing it. The Panthers third jersey and new Lightning jerseys are a perfect example. The Browns helmet is not.

For something to be unoriginal, there must be historical precedent.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This^

unoriginal |ˌənəˈrijənl|

adjective

Unoriginal means everyone is doing it. The Panthers third jersey and new Lightning jerseys are a perfect example. The Browns helmet is not.

Ok, it has a leaf on there. It's a Canadian team. Unoriginal.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

This^

unoriginal |ˌənəˈrijənl|

adjective

Really? Everyone has a Panthers logo and Lightning logo on their jerseys? Because last time I checked, no other team did.

I mean, if we're going to get that anal about being unoriginal, then you can make an argument that there are no unoriginal jerseys.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

This^

unoriginal |ˌənəˈrijənl|

adjective

Unoriginal means everyone is doing it. The Panthers third jersey and new Lightning jerseys are a perfect example.

The Browns helmet is not.

Ok, it has a leaf on there. It's a Canadian team. Unoriginal.

So the RCAF roundel means nothing then?

Please get over the team leaving Atlanta.

trenton_devils_2007-08.gif
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived