Most Unoriginal Logo/Jersey in Sports

BigBubba

i wouldn't say it's a ripoff, but the phillies road unis always reminded me of the yankees, both are pretty plain with the same striping on the sleeves, and all the fonts outlined in white.

cliff-lee-will-sign-with-the-philadelphia-phillies.jpg

New+York+Yankees+v+Philadelphia+Phillies+Game+dipMaTQG0QVl.jpg

Are you kidding me?

again, i wouldn't say it's a rip off, or it's unoriginal, i just said the phillies jersey reminds me of the yankees. wasn't aware the rules of this message board stated that certain jerseys aren't allowed to remind you of other jerseys.

I don't see how. One is navy blue, the other is red. One has stripes on the pants, the other has nothing on the pants. One has a name on the back, the other one does not. Neither of them use the same font. The ONLY similarity in the two is the fact that both use sleeve cuffs...yet with different patterns. The Phillies use white/color/white whereas the Yankees do color/white/color. The Yankees don't have a number on the sleeve. The Phillies do. I mean it's not even close. This is completely apples to oranges. If the thick sleeve cuffs are all that remind you of the Yankees, then you might as well throw these guys in there as well....

Jim+Thome+Alexei+Ramirez+Chicago+White+Sox+nMEnemdri5pl.jpg

Or if we want to go even further back, to say...the mid 90's it was quite common for road jerseys to have sleeve cuffs. I actually really prefer the look:

0605_large.jpg

gary-sheffield-reg-marlins-8x10-4-28.jpg

BSurhoff+Donruss+1993.jpg

2006-07-12-bonds-large.jpg

olerud.jpg

Ripken-Orioles-300x275.jpg

vladimir-Guerrero.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon SportsΒ πŸ”—
spacer.png

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You rip the Browns every chance you get, that's pretty dumb...isn't it?

Coming from you, this is hilarious.

kg1ry4899w26mbzgyxv84o4e7.gif

h9h9q4bshd150158i1egimhzg.gif

Winner

But the Royals have a thin blue stripe along the sleeves and down the pants. Totally original :upside:

You rip the Browns every chance you get, that's pretty dumb...isn't it?

Coming from you, this is hilarious.

kg1ry4899w26mbzgyxv84o4e7.gif

h9h9q4bshd150158i1egimhzg.gif

Winner

But the Royals have a thin blue stripe along the sleeves and down the pants. Totally original :upside:

And let's not forget the Royals have blue front numbers while the Dodgers have red. :wink2:

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Did somebody say this yet?

The Arizona Cardinals alternate black jersey. It's like a knockoff of the Atlanta Falcons black jersey.

Could you show pictures?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature.Β 

PotD: 29/1/12

Β 

Β 

Dallas Stars get this award.

They used to have a pretty creative jersey with the star as part of the design. The wrecked it when they went to that plain looking wrapper with the word "DALLAS" on it.

Baseball jerseys don't count. They pretty much all look the same now a days anyway. :)

The fleur-de-lis as an aigu was too clever by half. It doesn't look anything like what it's supposed to be, so it's just free-floating Frenchness. Beautiful script of a beautiful name, otherwise.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

The fleur-de-lis as an aigu was too clever by half. It doesn't look anything like what it's supposed to be, so it's just free-floating Frenchness. Beautiful script of a beautiful name, otherwise.

They could have just put the fleur de lis inside the "a" in Montreal.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon SportsΒ πŸ”—
spacer.png

Man, those Montreal sets were great. Real damn shame they had to go away.

Yeah, the '90s road grays in particular were one of the best uniforms in baseball history. That script was awesome.

d3gw6dxh6eg8gdz1cxzqcbggc.gif

I loved those roads. The home was a little bland by comparison though.

Then, of course, who can forget the New York Rangers ripoffs?

len1e3kxh5cgso3ynwl1nsmek.gif

And:

cfi07jiugzjfiid9xl6iy6v4h.gif

Now I'm not saying they're bad jerseys, but leave that style to the NYR

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature.Β 

PotD: 29/1/12

Β 

Β 

150px-Steelmark_logo.gif

Remind you of anything?

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Another "unoriginal" from the NFL....

LogoHistory.png

EDIT: What timing. Someone just beat me to this.

The best part of their logo is the fact that it was the Cleveland based company, Republic Steel that talked the Steelers into adopting the logo back in 1962. Pittsburgh always listening to their older, better looking and wiser brother, Cleveland. :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Archived