Most Unoriginal Logo/Jersey in Sports

BigBubba

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's another...

oilersjersey375.jpg

Honestly what were the designers thinking? "Hey lets take the Oilers current jerseys and make them as bland and visually unappealing as possible, who says sleeve stripes need to go completely around!"

Most unoriginal post on an old/rehashed subject (the Lightning's new look)? Probably.

NHL trolls gotta bitch about something now that the Buffaslug is dead.

See? This guy understands!

I sure hope you were just trying to save face there, otherwise you are completely clueless.

I sure hope you realised I wasn't serious. I was pretty much saying: "This guy has it right. I'm doing this thing that's been done before, but I don't care". What else about bad jerseys hasn't been done before. Do you want me to ***** about some 1890s hockey club's shoulder patch?

Naw, I'm just calling post-padding, seeing as how you've been here for less than a week, have almost 50 posts and created this rather self-ranting thread in which you have nearly have half the posts. But hey, that's just me.

???

There.

The Padres' road uniforms - complete ripoff of the Yankees from head to toe.

aEzmzldW.jpg

Were they a complete ripoff of the Yankees when they were sand colored?

No, because the Yankees' roads are not sand colored. Now, they look like the San Diego Yankees with some extra piping.

Sorry but that really doesn't remind me of the Yankees very much. That never even crossed my mind before you just posted that.

All of the circular logos in MLB. I'd go through each one but I'm too lazy. Not just in their team history, but currently. More than half have a circular logo either as an alternate or as a primary. It's ridiculous. They might look good as shoulder patches, but c'mon:

:shocked:

p59o2.png

I mean this took forever. Just when I thought I was done, there was another, and another, and another, and another. I'm not saying they're bad but good lord when does it end? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The Padres' road uniforms - complete ripoff of the Yankees from head to toe.

aEzmzldW.jpg

Were they a complete ripoff of the Yankees when they were sand colored?

No, because the Yankees' roads are not sand colored. Now, they look like the San Diego Yankees with some extra piping.

Then how can they all of a sudden be ripoffs when all they did was change the color? That's not a "ripoff".

I'm amazed noone posted this:

big10iowa-football.jpg

What came first Iowa's version of that jersey or Pittsburgh?

I'll still take the Hawkeyes jersey over the Steelers, mainly because Iowa still uses block numbers.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm amazed noone posted this:

big10iowa-football.jpg

What came first Iowa's version of that jersey or Pittsburgh?

I'll still take the Hawkeyes jersey over the Steelers, mainly because Iowa still uses block numbers.

Pittsburgh's. If memory serves, Hayden Fry wanted to emulate the Steelers so he started with the uniforms...or something like that. I'm sure someone here knows the story; at least better than I know it anyway. I am positive that Pittsburgh's jersey was first.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived