Most Unoriginal Logo/Jersey in Sports

BigBubba

Most unoriginal post on an old/rehashed subject (the Lightning's new look)? Probably.

NHL trolls gotta bitch about something now that the Buffaslug is dead.

See? This guy understands!

I sure hope you were just trying to save face there, otherwise you are completely clueless.

I sure hope you realised I wasn't serious. I was pretty much saying: "This guy has it right. I'm doing this thing that's been done before, but I don't care". What else about bad jerseys hasn't been done before. Do you want me to ***** about some 1890s hockey club's shoulder patch?

Naw, I'm just calling post-padding, seeing as how you've been here for less than a week, have almost 50 posts and created this rather self-ranting thread in which you have nearly have half the posts. But hey, that's just me.

???

There.

EDIT:

Oh, I get it now. You were trying to spell "half". Coming from a guy with 5 000+ posts, "post-padding" seems to be a bit of a hypocritical statement, no?

There (Since you probably didn't see my edit from before)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Lights Out on this one. They ditched a hat with khaki lettering to go to a navy hat with white interlocking letters on it. They moved from the sand jersey to a grey one with navy outlined directly in white... a design only used throughout the jersey by... the Yankees. The sleeve striping is similar but not as thick. The navy outlined in white with interlocking letters is the Yankee look. The average baseball fan could easily see those and say "oh hey! the Yanks are playing!" at first glance - it's taken me awhile to see "San Diego" with these when I'm flipping through Extra Innings.

6fQjS3M.png

I'm with Lights Out on this one. They ditched a hat with khaki lettering to go to a navy hat with white interlocking letters on it. They moved from the sand jersey to a grey one with navy outlined directly in white... a design only used throughout the jersey by... the Yankees. The sleeve striping is similar but not as thick. The navy outlined in white with interlocking letters is the Yankee look. The average baseball fan could easily see those and say "oh hey! the Yanks are playing!" at first glance - it's taken me awhile to see "San Diego" with these when I'm flipping through Extra Innings.

All they did was change the uniform color from sand to gray. That's it. That is the only thing that is new. The hat was already in their set. They simply started wearing it on the road. Other than the change to gray, nothing else is different. That's not enough to all of a sudden claim "ripoff".

Nominee for Most Unoriginal Primary Logo:

Cleveland_Browns.jpg

3108.gif

gzf9qxmxpfcsohcrhxb1ncxi4.gif

3110.gif

Not so unoriginal now is it? :P

Huh? Those are three of the most originaly helmets the NFL have ever had.

Especially the Browns. Only team without a logo on the helmet. Sounds pretty original to me when looking at the rest of the NFL.

70389454.png

here's another...

oilersjersey375.jpg

Honestly what were the designers thinking? "Hey lets take the Oilers current jerseys and make them as bland and visually unappealing as possible, who says sleeve stripes need to go completely around!"

I know I'm in the minority, but I never really hated those jerseys.

OttawaSenators.png

Astros.,.along with the ballpark! Even though I love that place (major upgrade from the dome plusnits in downtown...skyline is nice) it is full of borrowed traditions or gimmicks from the history of baseball not history of the stros!

1997-2005 Indiana Pacers.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=9xwhs1zpsrieo36sdhgfzud1b

1997-2001 New York Knicks.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=1itneopesym5zqdw5foo7b0rq

Who copied who.

Of the two, the Pacers are more unoriginal because they ended up with the same wordmark and number font as the 1997-2009 Nets road. http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=9ez5nv0hitibde756xvk5per0

Then they used pinstripes similarly to the 1989-1999 Orlando Magic.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=idyqeqegukzf60zse1u9d6ngs

I don't know if these Pacers uniforms are COMPLETELY unoriginal (which wouldn't fit the purpose of the thread, perhaps...), but they are unoriginal to an extent and it is odd that they had two same two key elements as other teams. The pinstripes are the same as Orlando's, but they may not have been copying because it might just be the way they incorporated them, although the Charlotte Hornets used pinstripes differently. Different sport, but on another note, you could or could not necessarily say the Expos or Twins copied the Yankees with pinstripes, even though they incorporated them the same way

Nominee for Most Unoriginal Primary Logo:

Cleveland_Browns.jpg

3108.gif

gzf9qxmxpfcsohcrhxb1ncxi4.gif

3110.gif

Not so unoriginal now is it? :P

Huh? Those are three of the most originaly helmets the NFL have ever had.

Especially the Browns. Only team without a logo on the helmet. Sounds pretty original to me when looking at the rest of the NFL.

Haha I just meant that those logos are the same(well almost, at least they're unique and original like you said). The Bengals, Chargers, and Rams are had helmets as their logos at one point.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

To me, the most unoriginal ones in all of sports are a tie between the Dodgers and Giants. Very boring. At least they have the interlocking LA and SF to fall back on.

The Giants current primary is generic, but awesomely rendered. For a basic wordmark over baseball logo, it is frickin sweet. Switching from the black to orange seams, and the subtle orange shading combined with the cream and accented gold drop shadow makes for one of the better logos in baseball.

All they did was change the uniform color from sand to gray. That's it. That is the only thing that is new. The hat was already in their set. They simply started wearing it on the road. Other than the change to gray, nothing else is different. That's not enough to all of a sudden claim "ripoff".

I never said the Padres intentionally ripped off the Yankees. I said the uniform looked like a ripoff of the Yankees' road uniforms, and yes, they are similar. I remember others saying the same thing on here when they were unveiled last offseason. Get the stick out of your ass and calm down.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

MLB: Arizona Diamondbacks, complete rip off of the Astros

NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder, random shapes FTW

NFL: Cleveland Browns

NHL: Tampa Bay MapleWings Lightning

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

here's another...

oilersjersey375.jpg

Honestly what were the designers thinking? "Hey lets take the Oilers current jerseys and make them as bland and visually unappealing as possible, who says sleeve stripes need to go completely around!"

I don't see how these are unoriginal. The colors are still unique, it's just the design is dull and boring and makes it look like a practice jersey. Boring and bland yes, but doesn't mean it's unoriginal.

Archived