NFL Nike Redesign

vmd9

Sorry man I use this term sparingly because I feel it's overused and usually unnecessary in everyday life, but I hate the half tone pattern on the 9ers concept.

It screams Coca-cola at me and has nothing to do with the teams identity it's an effect for effects sake. It looks like you've found a cool filter in photoshop/illustrator and just decided to throw it on there. Honestly what was the reason for adding it? I ask because it was the BEST question I was ever asked by a tutor while at college. He asked why I'd laid some type out the way I had and I couldn't give a real reason and his response was " well you should know you're the designer!". For a design to be successful you need to have a genuine reason for changing something or for using a particular style, and "becuase it looks cool" usually wont cut it.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, can I throw out a humble request? In fact, one might call it a grovel...if/when you do the Saints, can you please use their original gold? I'd think it's close to the helmet color on the 49ers alts, that darker shade.

I'm half-joking with that 'cause after all, these are your designs, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

these are amazing!- i do have one problem with the dolphins uniform though, the stripes on the helmet don't match the stripes on the uniform- a bit like louisville last season, you should follow their lead and match them like they did this season

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

• 5 weeks later...

I am not really a fan of your Falcons concept. It looks nice but I'm a bigger fan of their current uniforms. The Broncos uniforms look cool. I like the orange and white jerseys, but not the blue jerseys. Reminds me of the Bears way to much, The Seahawks look good, I like how you used the lime green in the uniforms, and made a jersey with that as the primary color. I like what you did with the Browns. Instead of a white jersey and orange pants, I would do white jersey brown pants. Not really a fan of the Bucs, those colors are to dull, I like the deisn though, looks unique. That sure is a cool looking uniform for the Dolphins, probably my favorite out of the group so far.The gray Vikinings uniform looks blah, I would try and yellow uniform instead. I feel like the 49ers concept is a downgrade as well, I do like what you did with the alt helmet at the end.

hey ive got the same template too... how did you get rid of the background and add the layers to color the shoes and glove's...

please let me know

trey

I made this template a while ago, and you probably have a similar one using the same photo, but not this one. So I can't give any advice on how to edit yours. It's a Nike photo so it has been used for several templates. This is why I decided to stop updating, the series lost it's originality when similar templates started popping up. I've gone back to searching for a new photo to use as the base template to keep my concepts unique. Sorry guys...

I'm liking all the teams so far, but I have to say I am not a huge fan of the 49ers unis. Im really not feeling the number font and I think the red is too dark. If the red was as light as they wear now I think it would look better. I love the gold pants but I dont think the 49ers should wear red pants.

Archived