College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

backstory on the ND helmets:

now if only they would fix the pants.

I really liked that video, thanks for posting.

I'm glad that they are still carrying the tradition of painting with actual gold flakes in the paint, I love that.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hydrographics has some pretty neat stuff on their website. I think it's kind of funny they are known for Nike Pro Combat helmets, but now they are behind the turtle shell and flag helmets for Under Armour.

They do most of the new college helmets including TCU's new stadard helmet and most, if not all, of the new matte jobs.

Innocent question.... Did Maryland already use this beauties?

297670_275169925833642_227904353893533_1292228_227032_n.jpg

They wore those helmets for warm-ups in the Miami game before switching to the flag helmets.

Feels like Notre Dams could've unveiled these a month ago -- or waited until next year to "Go Glitter".

But it's college football. Anything and everything goes now days.

They addressed this in the video. They wanted them done before the USF game game, but it didn't happen. They just got them in this/last week.

the new helmet is gorgeous.

how much gold dust do they have? you would think they would run out of it eventually.

They show half a bucket of it in the video.

love the Notre Dame helmet video. i love that they made this right. they didnt sit back and say "well yea the helmet color is off and theres production problems, but its tradition so we'll keep doing what we're doing". they found a solution and implemented it. its all for the better. well done Irish

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

if anyone else has noticed, but on the hydro graphics website it says that next year they will be doing a NFL "pro combat" series for nike. I know nike is taking over the contract for the NFL next year and it has been stated that they will be using the materials seen on collegiate uniforms. but it has said nothing in regards to alternates or throwbacks. based on their website do you guys think that Nike will implement a "pro combat" style uniform for all 32 teams to replace the current alternates and throwbacks? Imagine some of the sick, ridiculous helmets that could be created...from throback leather style, to the ravens helmet having feather pattern, or the jaguars using a spotted print helmet...this could get interesting

Miami.png

if anyone else has noticed, but on the hydro graphics website it says that next year they will be doing a NFL "pro combat" series for nike. I know nike is taking over the contract for the NFL next year and it has been stated that they will be using the materials seen on collegiate uniforms. but it has said nothing in regards to alternates or throwbacks. based on their website do you guys think that Nike will implement a "pro combat" style uniform for all 32 teams to replace the current alternates and throwbacks? Imagine some of the sick, ridiculous helmets that could be created...from throback leather style, to the ravens helmet having feather pattern, or the jaguars using a spotted print helmet...this could get interesting

link?

I assume by "sick" you mean horrible or clownish. Also, instead of "interesting", you might want to say garish and amateurish. "Ridiculous" is an appropriate term, however. As of now, the NFL has strict rules on alternates and how often jerseys can be changed. They are claiming they will stand up to Nike and preserve these rules. However, the NFL is a slut, and they knew Nike's intentions when they got in the car with them. Nike will have the NFL stripped naked in the back of its parents' Durango in no time.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

just because something is not traditional or a throwback doesnt automatically designate it "garish" (or the other adjectives used to say "disgusting"). Assuming by your interpretation "amateur" (which we all know is taken from paul lukas or his uni watch blog: "amateur pacifist uniform"), you have little of opinion other than the masses. let me guess you are someone who wants teams to put stripes back in football socks, or that stirrups should be worn instead of the full baseball socks, or that football helmet stripes shouldn't taper in any direction and should be 1-3 stripes down the center of it. sports uniform styles, like all things, progress. if they do not they become stagnant. i agree that there has to be certain traditional aspects, but thats what nike does...they try to pay homage in an artistic fashion, not just throw out the same thing a team wore 30 years ago (throwbacks) and be done with it. nike is taking the "throwback/alternate" concept to a different level by combining the two concepts. they have been both very forward and sometimes traditional in their interpretations. Adidas is making themselves look stupid with the junk they are throwing out in comparison. progress has to start somewhere, and maybe its found in one of these uniforms/sublimated patterned helmets (look at all the matte helmets these days...thats so amateur right? sure).

i know about the strict alternate rules in the NFL, which is why i asked about the pro combat question. i had also heard somewhere the seahawks and nike were talking about making some sort of uniform to reflect the stormy sky of seattle for next year.

Miami.png

just because something is not traditional or a throwback doesnt automatically designate it "garish" (or the other adjectives used to say "disgusting"). Assuming by your interpretation "amateur" (which we all know is taken from paul lukas or his uni watch blog: "amateur pacifist uniform"), you have little of opinion other than the masses. let me guess you are someone who wants teams to put stripes back in football socks, or that stirrups should be worn instead of the full baseball socks, or that football helmet stripes shouldn't taper in any direction and should be 1-3 stripes down the center of it. sports uniform styles, like all things, progress. if they do not they become stagnant. i agree that there has to be certain traditional aspects, but thats what nike does...they try to pay homage in an artistic fashion, not just throw out the same thing a team wore 30 years ago (throwbacks) and be done with it. nike is taking the "throwback/alternate" concept to a different level by combining the two concepts. they have been both very forward and sometimes traditional in their interpretations. Adidas is making themselves look stupid with the junk they are throwing out in comparison. progress has to start somewhere, and maybe its found in one of these uniforms/sublimated patterned helmets (look at all the matte helmets these days...thats so amateur right? sure).

i know about the strict alternate rules in the NFL, which is why i asked about the pro combat question. i had also heard somewhere the seahawks and nike were talking about making some sort of uniform to reflect the stormy sky of seattle for next year.

Yeah, I'm not going to even try to decifer this, with your horrible punctuation, not using capital letters and insanely long run-on sentences. I'll skip reading it and just say "okay."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Usually, I would make fun of the fact that you lack the ability of capital letters. But due to the fact that I was about post a very similar thing: A-freakin'-men.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Just because something is not traditional or a throwback doesnt automatically designate it as "garish" (or the other adjectives used to say "disgusting"). Assuming by your interpretation "amateur" (which we all know is taken from Paul Lukas or his uni-watch blog: "amateur pacifist uniform". Tou have little of opinion other than the masses.

Let me guess you are someone who wants teams to put stripes back in football socks, or that stirrups should be worn instead of the full baseball socks, or that football helmet stripes shouldn't taper in any direction and should be 1-3 stripes down the center of it. Sports uniform styles, like all things, progress. If they do not they become stagnant. I agree that there has to be certain traditional aspects, but thats what nike does. They try to pay homage in an artistic fashion, not just throw out the same thing a team wore 30 years ago (throwbacks) and be done with it. Nike is taking the "throwback/alternate" concept to a different level by combining the two concepts. They have been both very forward and sometimes traditional in their interpretations.

On the other hand, Adidas is making themselves look stupid with the junk they are throwing out in comparison. Progress has to start somewhere and maybe its found in one of these uniforms/sublimated patterned helmets (look at all the matte helmets these days, that is so amateur right?) You bet!

I know about the strict alternate rules in the NFL. Which is why I asked about the pro combat question. I had also heard somewhere the Seattle Seahawks and Nike were talking about making some sort of uniform to reflect the stormy sky of seattle for next year.

I am sorry, but your lack of capitalization and punctuation is horrible. So I had to edit it before I could understand what you were saying and for the most part, I agree.

spacer.png

Archived