College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can not stand the new Rutgers uniforms. They are the Scarlet Knights, for crying out loud!

rutgers1.jpg

rutgers2.jpg

I completely understand what you are saying and I am not a big fan of matte helmets, but this combination does look good. I just wish the R on the helmet was red.

spacer.png

Teams are now taking the liberty to change around the decals on their helmets. Someone please make it stop.

OK, so this is complete rumor with no evidence to back it up, but I heard that Northwestern's helmets will be yellow.... take that for what you will.

And you heard this from which one of your ponies?

Slightly old news, but I really like the new gold on Notre Dame's helmets.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think UCLA should use the light blue as the numbers on their away. That blue they use now on the away is terrible.

This X 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. UCLA needs to have a uni update. I think if Adidas and UCLA were smart, they wold become the Oregon of Adidas. Look, I know UCLA is considered a traditional school, but let's face it, nobody cares about their football team right now. Is it a permanent solution? No, of course not. But even amidst the sanctions, UCLA is still in the shadow of USC, and let's face it, there's no reason for a recruit to choose UCLA over USC, other than the fact that USC has a bowl ban, but that will be up after this year. They desperately need to distinguish themselves from the Trojans. If anything else, UCLA could at least tell recruits that they have cool new uniforms, which, considering how desperate UCLA is right now, is better than nothing. Plus, I'm sick of seeing those stripes being so distorted an hideous. And hey, maybe it will lead to them to play in front of more than a 2/3 full stadium.

New, fugly uniforms do not equal automatic wins.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

That Rutgers helmet reminds me of this:

ottawa.jpg

Wow, I never thought of Ottawa. Can't believe I didn't. The two do look very similar indeed.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

On 10/22/2011 at 9:45 PM, neo_prankster said:

That Rutgers helmet reminds me of this:

Putting the helmet on the sleeve...yuck.

BTW, I guess I should put this in the "unpopular opinions" thread, but I LOVE the matte helmets. I loved 'em during the college baseball tourney and I love 'em now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Some news to report on a previous horrible jersey:

Posters advertising a black-out have been hung all over the Ohio University campus. Unfortunately, we will be seeing those monstrosities again, on November against Temple.

Oh dear god it's worse than I thought: the game's on ESPN

Manchester-City-icon.png

Holy :censored: , SportsCenter is being useful for once and doing a surprisingly long segment on college football uniforms.

EDIT: They just interviewed Paul Lukas.

They first had that on GameDay last week, then they showed it on SportsCenter the past couple days. I don't like the fact they had Joan Rivers and a bunch of guys who don't know sports comment on the deigns though.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived