College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Mississippi State announced new "golden egg" uniforms for the egg bowl, which takes place the last week of the season. The "M" on the otherwise usual helmet has a golden outline, and the secondary logo with an outline of Mississippi is new:

Article

MSU_11Golden-Egg.jpg

MSU_Golden-Egg2011-UNI_3D-mockup.jpg

Wow, I opened that link up expecting the worst, but it's pretty good. The new logo is especially nice, considering the fact that it fits right in with MSU's "This is OUR state" campaign. All in all, can't wait to see this on the field. They had better keep the Egg, though.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who wishes that Miss State would just bring back the Dontae Walker-era uniforms and be done with it?

lg_walker_ap-01.jpg

I agree, that looks a lot better than their current uniforms. I seriously despise their matte helmets... those are just... no. smh

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Am I the only one who wishes that Miss State would just bring back the Dontae Walker-era uniforms and be done with it?

lg_walker_ap-01.jpg

I agree, that looks a lot better than their current uniforms. I seriously despise their matte helmets... those are just... no. smh

I like matte helmets, but I detest Mississippi States.

lg_walker_ap-01.jpg

I like matte helmets, but I detest Mississippi States.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I love them, they look especially great with black, but maroon just looks so awful haha.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

if anyone is watching the Arkansas State/FIU game...

Why are ASU's numbers so low on the front of their jerseys? It makes the QB especially look fat. Also, No pic, but the 1's and 4's have serifs but not the 7's. Why? Weird fonts i guess

They can't be any lower than UCF's:

04_16_2011_UCF_SPRING_FOOTBALL_GAME_0421_done.jpg

Why are ASU's numbers so low on the front of their jerseys? It makes the QB especially look fat. Also, No pic, but the 1's and 4's have serifs but not the 7's. Why? Weird fonts i guess

Or Oklahoma

medium.jpg

Or Oklahoma

medium.jpg

never noticed OU's numbers being low before, but still nowhere near as bad as UCF. I have a hard time watching their games bc of it. Some of them are darn-near tucked in to their pants.

220_1302_football_player_00.jpg

Yes, I would agree that UCF's numbers are lower than Oklahoma's. However, despite that, obviously the Oklahoma lettering above the number does push the number down. I think the difference is that the small UCF emblem doesn't hold enough weight to justify such a large shift in the numbers, where as the Oklahoma text is large enough to create that sense of balance. It's all in the weight and balance of the wordmarks and logos that are causing the number shift.

Yes, I would agree that UCF's numbers are lower than Oklahoma's. However, despite that, obviously the Oklahoma lettering above the number does push the number down. I think the difference is that the small UCF emblem doesn't hold enough weight to justify such a large shift in the numbers, where as the Oklahoma text is large enough to create that sense of balance. It's all in the weight and balance of the wordmarks and logos that are causing the number shift.

Exactly, which is why the OU uniforms have never bothered me, while the UCF ones drive me nuts.

Exactly, which is why the OU uniforms have never bothered me, while the UCF ones drive me nuts.

What annoys me about OU's is that they've had procombats, yet still use one of the oldest Nike templates! Their a big school too, so you'd think they could at least some uniforms made of better material.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

lg_walker_ap-01.jpg

Those are some of my favorite football jerseys of all time...seriously.

perfect :)496317.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD98FC66D14A2CAC6B49DF06FC837DC9B082874FFC52DD5720

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

The U of the 80s were expodentionally more swag (those three words have NEVER been said in a sentence together) than the 2001 'Canes.

Actually, I'd wager that the word "expodentionally" alone has never been used in a sentence.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

To me, Mississippi State's special uniforms don't pass the "is it good or is it stupid?" test. Gold has nothing to do with the school or its colors - do you see teams adding orange to their uniforms for the Orange Bowl, or red for the Rose Bowl? Plus, the two-tone gradient numbers have a 12-year-old-playing-with-Microsoft-Word-Art feel. The whole schtick looks crappy and excessive.

However, I have to admit that the state outline logo looks nice - reminds me of this:

0iu3h5pjaqmhp9svx7gt.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

What annoys me about OU's is that they've had procombats, yet still use one of the oldest Nike templates! Their a big school too, so you'd think they could at least some uniforms made of better material.

Seems to me that's a pretty good indication that, for all of Nike's silly hype machine blather, the "Pro Combats" ( :rolleyes: ) are really not so cutting edge after all.

By the way, am I the only one that has no idea what a golden egg game is?

Plus, the two-tone gradient numbers have a 12-year-old-playing-with-Microsoft-Word-Art feel.

I think the gradient is the artist's way of rendering metallic gold. The gradient on the 2-D versus the 3-D illustration is completely different.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Perhaps this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but it appears UCLA is taking the term "going bowling" out of the college football context in favor of its literal context.

scaledphptn0server816filenamedhhj.jpg

OK, it may be unpopular, but if they made that swirl consistent, that would be one badass helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived