College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and names on the backs of the jerseys. Sorry, Randy Edsall, but the no-NOB argument doesn't hold water. Maryland has always had NOBs on their jerseys; it's not like Notre Dame or Penn State where it's about tradition.

I disagree (about needing the NOB) - I think the jerseys would look way too cluttered if you include it in a font large enough to matter.

They're way too cluttered as is. The lack of NOB just seems glaring with how flashy the uniforms are to begin with.

both teams look great! Nike's finest hour right here

Arizona_St_Oregon_Football_65436_game.jpg

Oregon's tribute to Al Davis? :therock:

While Oregon's wacky designs don't bother me too much, I feel that green MUST be a part of their color scheme at all times -- because YEAH, it does get confusing!

I watched tonight's game alongside a Ducks fan, who on THREE OCCASIONS jumped up for the wrong team, momentarily thinking the team in black/silver was actually the opponent. So yeah. even their own fans can't seem to get 'em right!

6uXNWAo.png

Am I the only one who doesn't like those Oregon uniforms?

No, I don't like them either. Where are the team's colors? A (especially home) uniform should primarily involve the team's colors. I hate the trend these days that teams feel the need to throw black, silver, grey into their uniforms. You're hogging all of the colors!

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

I watched tonight's game alongside a Ducks fan, who on THREE OCCASIONS jumped up for the wrong team, momentarily thinking the team in black/silver was actually the opponent. So yeah. even their own fans can't seem to get 'em right!

No offense to your friend, but . . . what? He/she sounds retarded. I don't care what color either team is, you shouldn't have to watch a game for more than one play to know who to root for. If Oregon was in pink and blue and ASU was in green and yellow, I think I'd know to root for the pink and blue team.

He/she cheered for the black team the whole game except every once and a while forget and get excited when the white team did something good? Seriously? I hope he was super drunk, because thats pretty hilarious. That is NOT Oregon's fault for wearing black.

And as far as the Ducks look yesterday . . . . not my favorite, but not bad. They looked like Oregon and they played well so I'm fine with it. I'm starting to realize I like the silver/gray more than the black. The black jersey is probably my least favorite of all their options, but it paired well with the silver (as Raiders fans would agree). I'm a lot more hyped that they took apart the best team in the Pac 12 South with essentially their second string playing most of the 2nd half. Go Ducks.

While Oregon's wacky designs don't bother me too much, I feel that green MUST be a part of their color scheme at all times -- because YEAH, it does get confusing!

Either he was way too drunk or he just wasn't a true fan. Oregon fans should know by now that black is one of their unofficial main colors now.

spacer.png

Oklahoma State Today vs Texas:

2011-H-B-1.png

2011-J-W.png

2011-P-B.png

OK State's done a pretty good job these past two weeks. The black-black-orange combo worked because of the strong presence of orange in the black elements of the uniform, and the black-white-black combo looks MUCH better than the gray-white-gray combo.

No offense to your friend, but . . . what? He/she sounds retarded. I don't care what color either team is, you shouldn't have to watch a game for more than one play to know who to root for. If Oregon was in pink and blue and ASU was in green and yellow, I think I'd know to root for the pink and blue team.

If ASU was playing Oregon while wearing green and yellow I'd without a doubt confuse them to be Oregon

Manchester-City-icon.png

Either he was way too drunk or he just wasn't a true fan. Oregon fans should know by now that black is one of their unofficial main colors now.

Black is one of their official colors now. But seriously your friend would have to be blind to get confused between ASU and Oregon. Really couldn't tell a difference?

Maryland went black helmet, red tops, red pants today against Clemson. Of note, though - the gradient numbers that were criticized on the red jerseys when they were unveiled were nowhere to be seen today. Instead, they went with an all-white number on the front and back of the jersey (top picture).

I know there were more than a couple of complaints from fans and media after the Terps wore the reds for the first time against Towson (bottom picture) that the numbers were impossible to read, and it would appear that those complaints were heard loud and clear.

08pg-vertical.jpg

ap-201110011827664400755.jpg

UA will probably take read-ability into consideration a little more after the mess with South Carolina and Maryland this year.

FSU2.gif

Florida wearing orange britches for the first time in years.

I could very well be incorrect, but I believe this is the first time Florida has worn the white over orange since the Fighting Ron Zooks got "Croomed" at Mississippi State his last season there.

They wore them in 2005 when they got rolled in Tuscaloosa. They ditched the orange pants (their best road look) because Meyer was superstitious.

I'm not saying, i m just saying...but I'm a packer fan. pretty big one. and today they wore their blue,brown and tan jerseys. i had absolutely zero trouble choosing who to root for, and they were playing the rams, who have similar colors.

Oregon has fully adopted Grey/Carbon and black as school colors pretty much. just accept it. They look good. and its unique.

Archived