College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

I miss the good old days here at CCSLC when it was well understood and agreed upon that Oregon's uniforms suck.

To me, the black / gray thing from them has just gotten tired. You wsnt to be cutting edge? Be different? Wear that bright kely green you wore last week.

It is called evolution of the guard. An influx of people with broader mindsets that like new looks and not the same old, same old. But I respect your opinion and I would hope that you would respect others.

Yeah, that's one way to look at it.

Devo called it something else. :P

By the way, does "respecting my opinion" include dismissing it as the "same old, same old"?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, does "respecting my opinion" include dismissing it as the "same old, same old"?

Exactly. nuordr wants people to respect his opinion, but he has no problem tearing down the opinions of others.

Arizona_St_Oregon_Football_65436_game.jpg

While Oregon's wacky designs don't bother me too much, I feel that green MUST be a part of their color scheme at all times -- because YEAH, it does get confusing!

Either he was way too drunk or he just wasn't a true fan. Oregon fans should know by now that black is one of their unofficial main colors now.

Black is one of their official colors now. But seriously your friend would have to be blind to get confused between ASU and Oregon. Really couldn't tell a difference?

According to the official school colors of Oregon, black is not an official school color. It is only Green, Yellow and Gray. Here is a link to their official school colors (Page 41). Also on page 90, it states that the official colors for athletics are: Athletics Thunder Green and Yellow.

spacer.png

Exactly. nuordr wants people to respect his opinion, but he has no problem tearing down the opinions of others.

I do respect everyone's opinion, but you don't hear me saying back in the good ole days...I realize that on this site as with life that the new will take over the old. It is evolution plain and simple.

spacer.png

I do respect everyone's opinion, but you don't hear me saying back in the good ole days...I realize that on this site as with life that the new will take over the old. It is evolution plain and simple.

You really don't get it.

You say you respect other people's opinions yet you say we're stuck in the past. That's not respecting other people's opinions.

As for new overtaking the old, how do you explain team's like the Yankees, Canadiens, Bears, and Celtics who haven't changed their looks in ages? Or the fact that team's like the Oilers, Islanders, Bruins, and Pistons have gone back to classic looks after having experimented with more modern designs?

Fact is it isn't evolution. It's uniform design. It's incredibly subjective, not progressive.

"Wow, I haven't been on this site in a while. Let's see what people have been talking about!" *Sees another Oregon argument.*

<_< Of course. What else would I expect?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You really don't get it.

You say you respect other people's opinions yet you say we're stuck in the past. That's not respecting other people's opinions.

As for new overtaking the old, how do you explain team's like the Yankees, Canadiens, Bears, and Celtics who haven't changed their looks in ages? Or the fact that team's like the Oilers, Islanders, Bruins, and Pistons have gone back to classic looks after having experimented with more modern designs?

Fact is it isn't evolution. It's uniform design. It's incredibly subjective, not progressive.

I was talking about new people coming in to the forum, he said he wishing it was like the good ole days when everyone knew that Oregon's uniforms sucked. Therefore, I was talking about how younger people (new) come to the forum and eventually wipe out the old. I guess I need to be more specific on here. But as far are your comments, let's see how many uniforms I like from your list: Yankees (hate), Canadians (hate), Bears (like, their Orange jersey looks great), Celtics (I like the 3rds more than the standard set)(Favorite Team BTW), Oilers (hate), Islanders (hate), Bruins (hate), Pistons (hate).

spacer.png

Forget the argument, did anyone else notice that nuordr replied to himself on something Ice_Cap said, and that Ice_Cap's reply was something nuordr said. WHAT IS THIS WIZARDRY?!?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

My alma mater, Sam Houston State, wore these "camo unis" this past weekend for Homecoming vs Nicholls State. Now, before we all scream "my eyes!!!", it was for a good cause. The jerseys are to be auctioned off today with all proceeds going to the Lone Survivor Foundation. Navy SEAL, and former SHSU student Marcus Luttrell's story has been profiled on 60 Minutes and is also told in his bestselling book, "Lone Survivor". Marcus attended Sam the same years I did, and I knew of him as a friend of a friend. He's a good person his story is both heartbreaking and inspiring.

LSFjersey650.jpg

My alma mater, Sam Houston State, wore these "camo unis" this past weekend for Homecoming vs Nicholls State. Now, before we all scream "my eyes!!!", it was for a good cause. The jerseys are to be auctioned off today with all proceeds going to the Lone Survivor Foundation. Navy SEAL, and former SHSU student Marcus Luttrell's story has been profiled on 60 Minutes and is also told in his bestselling book, "Lone Survivor". Marcus attended Sam the same years I did, and I knew of him as a friend of a friend. He's a good person his story is both heartbreaking and inspiring.

LSFjersey650.jpg

I'm bothered more by the fact that Bearkats is spelled with a "k."

LSFjersey650.jpg

I'm bothered more by the fact that Bearkats is spelled with a "k."

It's always been that way.

SamHoustonStateBearkats3.GIF

LSFjersey650.jpg

Gaudy camouflage uniforms are always justifiable once some reason of dedication or appreciation to the military is attached to it.

You're a Southland conference alum? Awesome! I go to Southeastern Louisiana University!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I fail to understand how Oregon's "tradition" can be based around the idea of "evolution". Regardless of what your opinion is of their uniforms, a constant change of colors and styles is not a "tradition" simply because it always changes. That's a complete lack of continuation and therefore the tradition is lost and nonexistent. At this point, Oregon has conceded their football uniform "traditions". Change cannot be the basis of their tradition. Traditions are those deeply engrained, long entrenched ideas, values, styles, mottos, etc that have lasted throughout the years. Tradition is Clemson touching Howard's Rock as they run down the hill. Tradition is Texas in their burnt orange and white for endless decades. Tradition is Uga on the sidelines, raised through the family lineage. Tradition is dotting the "I" in Ohio. Tradition is the eagle soaring around Jordan-Hare and rolling Toomer's Corner after a win. What tradition is NOT is showing up in a different uniform every single Saturday. Sure, it might look cool, and it's fine to enjoy their sets. But that is NOT tradition because it is constantly evolving, changing, and never the same. Traditions are the staples that have remained the same over the years and will continue to be cherished decades later into the future.

i agree with that. Oregon dosent have much of a tradition and thats okay. they dont need one. the reason they've gone in the direction they have as an Outlaw Brand is because they could start on a clean slate. they're modern and consistently exciting, consistently different and weather anyone wants to say so or not, innovative. with the help from Nike. the same on the field with help from Coach Kelly.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I fail to understand how Oregon's "tradition" can be based around the idea of "evolution". Regardless of what your opinion is of their uniforms, a constant change of colors and styles is not a "tradition" simply because it always changes. That's a complete lack of continuation and therefore the tradition is lost and nonexistent. At this point, Oregon has conceded their football uniform "traditions". Change cannot be the basis of their tradition. Traditions are those deeply engrained, long entrenched ideas, values, styles, mottos, etc that have lasted throughout the years. Tradition is Clemson touching Howard's Rock as they run down the hill. Tradition is Texas in their burnt orange and white for endless decades. Tradition is Uga on the sidelines, raised through the family lineage. Tradition is dotting the "I" in Ohio. Tradition is the eagle soaring around Jordan-Hare and rolling Toomer's Corner after a win. What tradition is NOT is showing up in a different uniform every single Saturday. Sure, it might look cool, and it's fine to enjoy their sets. But that is NOT tradition because it is constantly evolving, changing, and never the same. Traditions are the staples that have remained the same over the years and will continue to be cherished decades later into the future.

i agree with that. Oregon dosent have much of a tradition and thats okay. they dont need one. the reason they've gone in the direction they have as an Outlaw Brand is because they could start on a clean slate. they're modern and consistently exciting, consistently different and weather anyone wants to say so or not, innovative. with the help from Nike. the same on the field with help from Coach Kelly.

I'm sorry, but fancy uniforms does not qualify you to be an outlaw.

THESE guys were outlaws (literally).

raylewis_display_image.jpg

Until Oregon starts sniffing coke, pimpin' hoes, and kicking ass, they're just the cool rich kid with a very powerful daddy.

Until Oregon starts sniffing coke, pimpin' hoes, and kicking ass, they're just the cool rich kid with a very powerful daddy.

beat me to it...great pic of the 'canes of the old days...some of the best college players that money could buy back then.

I think he was confused and used "outlaw" when he clearly meant "corporate"

Point of order: these guys were even bigger outlaws.

Wallpapers+and+Pictures+of+2001+miami+hurricanes+roster+Winners.jpg

Care to explain this?

I was talking about new people coming in to the forum, he said he wishing it was like the good ole days when everyone knew that Oregon's uniforms sucked. Therefore, I was talking about how younger people (new) come to the forum and eventually wipe out the old.

It's not a case of younger vs older. According to your profile you're 38 and you like modern uniforms. I'm 24 and my tastes tend to veer towards traditional uniforms (though I love it when modernity is done right).

I guess I need to be more specific on here. But as far are your comments, let's see how many uniforms I like from your list: Yankees (hate), Canadians (hate), Bears (like, their Orange jersey looks great), Celtics (I like the 3rds more than the standard set)(Favorite Team BTW), Oilers (hate), Islanders (hate), Bruins (hate), Pistons (hate).

Ok. You don't like these uniforms. Guess what? I wasn't asking for your opinions regarding them. I asked you to explain why these teams either haven't changed or have gone back to older looks when you claimed that new overtakes old and that it's as simple as evolution.

I'll save you the trouble though. You can't explain it because it's not a case of evolution. At all. New designs are not evidence of uniform evolution, they're just new designs. They aren't inherently "superior," hence there's no evolutionary progress. Traditional looks won't go away either, because they're not at any evolutionary disadvantage. Your whole argument of new overtaking old due to "evolution" is invalid.

Point of order: these guys were even bigger outlaws.

Wallpapers+and+Pictures+of+2001+miami+hurricanes+roster+Winners.jpg

Care to explain this?

Nevin Shapiro - Miami booster that gave these guys anything they wanted (prostitutes, cars, etc.) from 2002-2010.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived