College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

I'm not saying, i m just saying...but I'm a packer fan. pretty big one. and today they wore their blue,brown and tan jerseys. i had absolutely zero trouble choosing who to root for, and they were playing the rams, who have similar colors.

Oregon has fully adopted Grey/Carbon and black as school colors pretty much. just accept it. They look good. and its unique.

Of course its easy to differentiate. The Rams are the team playing poorly.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying, i m just saying...but I'm a packer fan. pretty big one. and today they wore their blue,brown and tan jerseys. i had absolutely zero trouble choosing who to root for, and they were playing the rams, who have similar colors.

Oregon has fully adopted Grey/Carbon and black as school colors pretty much. just accept it. They look good. and its unique.

Of course its easy to differentiate. The Rams are the team playing poorly.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Smooth, Very Smooth. i laughed out loud

No Oregon uniform should have gray. Period. I don't care how good it looks (or how bad it looks). Schools should wear school colors, or school athletic colors. And they can't make up the colors as they go along.

Is this an all-sports policy?

Oregon's top 5 combos in the 09-present gear

1. wk8_james.jpg

2. maehl_wk12.jpg

3. GYI0058917614_xxlarge.jpg

4. lamichael-james.jpg

Needs more green and gold. We're really on the train to crazy town when "why should a team where team colours" is accepted as an argument.

For the record, I don't hate the idea of mixing and matching. I just ask that the Ducks stick to combos that emphasis their traditional colour scheme.

Oregon's top 5 combos in the 09-present gear

Needs more green and gold. We're really on the train to crazy town when "why should a team where team colours" is accepted as an argument.

For the record, I don't hate the idea of mixing and matching. I just ask that the Ducks stick to combos that emphasis their traditional colour scheme.

For an athletics program that scoffs at tradition, I don't think you'll get your wish.

It's been made apparent that our 'tradition' is not having a tradition.

That can only go so far ;)

Well yeah, I don't want to see them trot out in any more colors. However they've added only 2 more colors (not gonna count the 2 time volt) to the palette and they were neutral colors (black, grey) and I'm fairly confident it will stop at that.

Well I guess I'm thinking in terms of how long can "we don't do tradition" work as tradition? Take the three shades of grey, black, and highlighter yellow. If they wear those colours to the point where they, instead of gold and green, become associated with Oregon football then do those colours become traditional? And if so shouldn't the Ducks then start wearing green and gold to stay true to their "we don't do tradition" mantra?

On uniform design, if modern becomes traditional for Oregon, then shouldn't they start wearing throwbacks or traditionally styled uniforms to stay true to their "we don't do tradition" statement?

The whole montra is falling flat anyway. It used to be that the Ducks would unveil new uniforms every 1-2 years. They've had the winged set for, what, three years now? Their pro combats, last year celebrated as a chance to do new, exciting things in terms of uniform design, were just black and volt recolours of last year's set. Neither the colour scheme or design was new or fresh.

Not to mention that Oregon's winless in volt. We've seen uniforms shelved for similar superstitious reasoning before.

The whole "we don't do tradition" thing just seems gimmicky. It's a short term mantra, because if you do anything long enough it becomes tradition. Not to mention that it seems like Oregon's AD realized the need to solidify the identity beyond the "we don't have an identity" philosophy they've been going with for seasons passed, as they seem to have settled on the winged design.

Oh, and names on the backs of the jerseys. Sorry, Randy Edsall, but the no-NOB argument doesn't hold water. Maryland has always had NOBs on their jerseys; it's not like Notre Dame or Penn State where it's about tradition.

I disagree (about needing the NOB) - I think the jerseys would look way too cluttered if you include it in a font large enough to matter.

Exception. All other UA teams this year have a super small NOB. So it might not look too cluttered.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

No Oregon uniform should have gray. Period. I don't care how good it looks (or how bad it looks). Schools should wear school colors, or school athletic colors. And they can't make up the colors as they go along.

Is this an all-sports policy?

I believe it should be. Colleges are known for their colors. Sometimes, the colors are even mentioned in their fight songs. It's all part of the tradition.

It should be up to the colleges, not Nike, to decide if tradition should be changed or altered. And colleges should stick with what their colors are, not just adding something willy nilly because it might look nice.

I fail to understand how Oregon's "tradition" can be based around the idea of "evolution". Regardless of what your opinion is of their uniforms, a constant change of colors and styles is not a "tradition" simply because it always changes. That's a complete lack of continuation and therefore the tradition is lost and nonexistent. At this point, Oregon has conceded their football uniform "traditions". Change cannot be the basis of their tradition. Traditions are those deeply engrained, long entrenched ideas, values, styles, mottos, etc that have lasted throughout the years. Tradition is Clemson touching Howard's Rock as they run down the hill. Tradition is Texas in their burnt orange and white for endless decades. Tradition is Uga on the sidelines, raised through the family lineage. Tradition is dotting the "I" in Ohio. Tradition is the eagle soaring around Jordan-Hare and rolling Toomer's Corner after a win. What tradition is NOT is showing up in a different uniform every single Saturday. Sure, it might look cool, and it's fine to enjoy their sets. But that is NOT tradition because it is constantly evolving, changing, and never the same. Traditions are the staples that have remained the same over the years and will continue to be cherished decades later into the future.

I miss the good old days here at CCSLC when it was well understood and agreed upon that Oregon's uniforms suck.

To me, the black / gray thing from them has just gotten tired. You wsnt to be cutting edge? Be different? Wear that bright kely green you wore last week.

Ahh... the good old days.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I miss the good old days here at CCSLC when it was well understood and agreed upon that Oregon's uniforms suck.

To me, the black / gray thing from them has just gotten tired. You wsnt to be cutting edge? Be different? Wear that bright kely green you wore last week.

How so? When Oregon takes the field, despite what "Cujo" says, you know who they are, and they look good, isn't that the point of a uniform?

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I was searching Nike.com and found the Ohio State Pro Combat this year for $25. Link below (not spam)

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?cp=USNS_TWIT_092509&l=shop,pwp,c-1+100701/hf-4294967185+4294967200+50158/t-Ohio_State/ipp-48/pn-1/so-publishDate|desc#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-455581/pgid-481793

Maybe there's something the university and Nike isn't telling us?

It is called evolution of the guard. An influx of people with broader mindsets that like new looks and not the same old, same old. But I respect your opinion and I would hope that you would respect others.

spacer.png

How so? When Oregon takes the field, despite what "Cujo" says, you know who they are, and they look good, isn't that the point of a uniform?

Actually, no. The point of a uniform is to make it easy to identify the team playing. A team refusing to wear their team colours, regardless of how you try to justify it, goes against this.

Like I said, we've really started to lose it if we're accepting "why should a team wear uniforms in their team colours?" as a valid argument.

A team should wear their colours. That shouldn't be something that's up for debate.

Archived