College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Well folks, Ohio just beat Temple, and now they are bowl eligible, and 2-0 in black. I have a feeling we might see the black more...

Is it awful of me that when teams roll out ridiculous uniforms like this, I root for them to lose so they'll have a "bad omen"? I did the same thing to Oregon for the title game last season...

I rooted against Oregon because they played an SEC school, but I wanted to root for them so much because those uniforms rocked!

spacer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well folks, Ohio just beat Temple, and now they are bowl eligible, and 2-0 in black. I have a feeling we might see the black more...

Is it awful of me that when teams roll out ridiculous uniforms like this, I root for them to lose so they'll have a "bad omen"? I did the same thing to Oregon for the title game last season...

No, I do the same thing. I really didn't know what to think of these. On the one hand, the helmet was great, and I hope that they can fix the uniforms and get rid of that awful pattern. But on the other hand, they almost certainly won't. One can hope though.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I rooted against Oregon because they played an SEC school, but I wanted to root for them so much because those uniforms rocked!

You SEC fans are so funny! I don't get the SEC "pride", especially from a doormat (talking about football) like UK. How would Auburn beating Oregon possibly make UK's 6-7 season any better/more impressive?

I understand the argument that you want the conference to "look good" to a degree . . . . but sheesh. I can't ever bring myself to root for USC or OSU or UW or Arizona or ASU or Cal no matter what bowl they're in. And its all because we play those teams so much I've really grown to hate them. Those are our "rivals" not our friends. I have a sticker that says "My favorite teams are Oregon and whoever is playing the Huskies". Not "... whoever is playing the Huskies, unless they are an out of conference opponent in which case I'll cheer for UW because its important that the Pac-12 looks good." If Oregon can't win the Natty, I'd rather it be some flash in the pan SEC school with a one and done QB, than a team in the Pac-12 who can rub it in our faces all year. Just sayin'.

Just a question, why do all Adidas teams in the MAC that don't have nameplates have the generic MAC flash on the back? It looks like crap

Because it's the MAC.

Have they every done anything right? no one takes them seriously anyway..

You SEC fans are so funny! I don't get the SEC "pride", especially from a doormat (talking about football) like UK. How would Auburn beating Oregon possibly make UK's 6-7 season any better/more impressive?

I understand the argument that you want the conference to "look good" to a degree . . . . but sheesh. I can't ever bring myself to root for USC or OSU or UW or Arizona or ASU or Cal no matter what bowl they're in. And its all because we play those teams so much I've really grown to hate them. Those are our "rivals" not our friends. I have a sticker that says "My favorite teams are Oregon and whoever is playing the Huskies". Not "... whoever is playing the Huskies, unless they are an out of conference opponent in which case I'll cheer for UW because its important that the Pac-12 looks good." If Oregon can't win the Natty, I'd rather it be some flash in the pan SEC school with a one and done QB, than a team in the Pac-12 who can rub it in our faces all year. Just sayin'.

Conference Pride is a great thing!

spacer.png

The only people that have "Conference" pride are fans of horrible programs who don't know success. Sorry.

Anything that makes the pain go away I guess. I dunno, I'd rather watch the teams that were kicking my team's :censored: in get their :censored: kicked in.

Seriously though, when you have an all-time losing record to Indiana, any port in a storm I guess.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It is has been unofficially reported by Virginia Tech message board host that the Hokies will be wearing all orange vs UNC on 11/17. I am going to the game so I am really dreading seeing this in person.

I was hoping that this wouldn't happen, but I guess once the players realized "We wore orange pants last week, we wore orange jerseys the week before, we have orange helmets, OMG ORANGE-OUT," there was no stopping it.

It is has been unofficially reported by Virginia Tech message board host that the Hokies will be wearing all orange vs UNC on 11/17. I am going to the game so I am really dreading seeing this in person.

I was hoping that this wouldn't happen, but I guess once the players realized "We wore orange pants last week, we wore orange jerseys the week before, we have orange helmets, OMG ORANGE-OUT," there was no stopping it.

It was either 1994 or 1995 against Virginia they broke out orange jerseys and pants and blew a huge 2nd half lead and lost, Frank Beamer at the time vowed never to wear orange again. I guess some jingle in his pocket and some positive words of influence from Nike, heals old wounds.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

You know, Virginia Tech doesn't get enough credit for how bad their uniforms are.

It's not even the design that is the issue. The fact they have worn so many different pieces in so many puzzling ways is what bothers me.

It's nail-on-chalkboard bad...

Pick a helmet stripe, helmet stripe order, helmet color, type of white pants already!! Or is that too much to ask?

You know, Virginia Tech doesn't get enough credit for how bad their uniforms are.

It's not even the design that is the issue. The fact they have worn so many different pieces in so many puzzling ways is what bothers me.

It's nail-on-chalkboard bad...

Pick a helmet stripe, helmet stripe order, helmet color, type of white pants already!! Or is that too much to ask?

Thank god, someone finally says what needs to be said. Not only are they inconsistent, but they're LSU ripoffs, minus the helmet stripe, which makes it look weird. VT should stick to maroon jerseys, maroon helmets, and white and orange pants.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Am I the only person cruel enough to hope that UNC goes mono blue against the mono orange? :P

Cruel? I think that would look amazing. Color on color does not happen as often as it should in football. With that being said...

Am I the only person that believes football should do like soccer and have home and clash uniforms?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The only people that have "Conference" pride are fans of horrible programs who don't know success. Sorry.

You are wrong...I want the SEC to win in Football, Baseball, and Basketball....I loved it when Florida won the NCAA Tourney 2 years in a row. I wish is was Kentucky, but I pulled for Florida throughout the Final Four. I know we will not be able to compete in football, but like I said before, when you are in the best conference in FOOTBALL, then you should show your conference pride just like I do in all the other sports.

spacer.png

You are wrong...I want the SEC to win in Football, Baseball, and Basketball....I loved it when Florida won the NCAA Tourney 2 years in a row. I wish is was Kentucky, but I pulled for Florida throughout the Final Four. I know we will not be able to compete in football, but like I said before, when you are in the best conference in FOOTBALL, then you should show your conference pride just like I do in all the other sports.

So SEC pride is like buying an expensive sports car?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived