2011 MLB Road to the Postseason

KDubK414

Since the MLB 2011 Season thread has gone off the rails thanks to a a certain team, this will be the topic for serious hardball talk from here on through the World Series. This one will be renamed 2011 MLB Postseason once the teams are set for the annual fall right of passage and will be the place to discuss those proceedings.

We've got a bunch of great pennant races going on, and being a baseball fan, I couldn't be happier. Not just because of my hometown faves, but the Phillies are playing excellent ball, there's a dead heat in the NL West. The AL Central is still up for grabs. If you watch the four letter, you know that there is a race to the top in the AL East as well.

It's fun baseball time, let's stay excited!!!

packchampionslfroh.png

The Twins,Reds.and Rockies still have a 0.1% chance of making it!

The NL west is one of the more interesting races right now. I think the Braves are going to run away with the Wild Card in the same way the Phillies are trying to run away from the Division. I do not like how ESPN and others are already crowning the Phillies the Champions of the NL (and/or World Series) In baseball there is no sure thing. Trust me I know...I'm a Braves fan who grew up in the '90's.

I've got a feeling that the postseason is really going to start on September 1st haha. There's like 3 races that are still neck and neck right now, and teams still in the WC hunt are going to be battling it out all month long. Even though the Brewers are gaining a good sized cushion in the Central, you can't count out the Cards until the same day I said earlier. That would be the end of the second to last series between the 2 teams and will probably be when the division is either tightened up or the lead has been ultimately extended.

This is exciting. One of the more competitive all around seasons in recent memory. I'm in baseball heaven.

packchampionslfroh.png

It was a total kick in the balls for the Rangers to lose to a walk off home run, but still, before a 4 game series in Anaheim, if you told me the Rangers would win 3 and be up 6 games with less than 40 left to play, I'd take it. So I can't be too upset. Adams hasn't looked great since coming over, but I'm sure part of it is adjusting to the AL, the pressure of a playoff race, and the other part is it's like 5 total innings, so we're working in microscopic samples.

Great thing about baseball, even after a :censored:ty loss, tomorrow's another game.

It was a total kick in the balls for the Rangers to lose to a walk off home run, but still, before a 4 game series in Anaheim, if you told me the Rangers would win 3 and be up 6 games with less than 40 left to play, I'd take it. So I can't be too upset. Adams hasn't looked great since coming over, but I'm sure part of it is adjusting to the AL, the pressure of a playoff race, and the other part is it's like 5 total innings, so we're working in microscopic samples.

Great thing about baseball, even after a :censored:ty loss, tomorrow's another game.

If it's a kick in the balls to win 3 of 4 and take a 6 game division lead, then Angels fans have taken a jackhammer to the balls.

The positive going forward for the Halos is they have a much easier schedule outside of the other two AL West bottom feeders, the 3 games in Texas next weekend, and 3 games in Anaheim to finish off the season. The Angels start with Baltimore this weekend, while Texas goes to Chicago to take on the one common non-AL West opponent that ANA/TEX share in the White Sox. Then the Angels get two game home set with the aforementioned White Sox, home series with the Twins and Yankees and road series with the Orioles and Blue Jays. The Rangers get 4 games with the Red Sox in Texas, home series with the Rays and Indians, and road series with the Red Sox and Rays.

So the Rangers get two division leaders in the Red Sox and Indians, and an always tough out with the Rays. The Halos get one contender with the Yankees. The Angels definitely have a more favorable schedule, and that's where they have to chip away. It's not going to come in bunches for the Halos, if it's going come at all. And when the Angels and Rangers hook back up again, if pitching schedules were to stay as is, only Haren and the two weak links (Richards' spot and Chatwood) face the Rangers in Texas, then for the season ending series, the Angels would have Weaver, Haren, and Richards' spot.

Angels have to take advantage of their favorable schedule, and just flat out man up in the two Rangers series.

And really, this is the Rangers' division to lose. That's obvious. And really this series had me so worked up that I was just ready to throw in the towel and say :censored: it. But I don't know if it's I think this team won't give up, if I actually have hope, if actually breaking the schedule down has given me something to latch on to, if they have shown anything to make me believe, or if it's completely irrational. But it looks like I'm riding this thing out until the end... Or until next weekend's series in Texas at the very least :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wild Card is making the AL East race boring.

Not true. It is so hard to go to the world series behind the wild card, or win a postseason series at all for that matter. I can guarantee whether it be the Sox or the Yankees, whoever wins the AL wild card will not get past the ALCS. if you want to go far, the division is a must

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

While TEX lost on Thursday, they had to fly to Chicago late Thursday/early Friday and won on Friday. That was big.

Tigers up 76% I'm already sniffing October.

I wish October was really strong paint thinner.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not true. It is so hard to go to the world series behind the wild card, or win a postseason series at all for that matter. I can guarantee whether it be the Sox or the Yankees, whoever wins the AL wild card will not get past the ALCS. if you want to go far, the division is a must

This couldn't be further from the truth. In a lot of cases the Wild Card team is better than the Division winner they are playing in the first round. There is no real reward for winning the division like there is in other sports. Several Wild Card teams have made it to the World Series and several have won.

This couldn't be further from the truth. In a lot of cases the Wild Card team is better than the Division winner they are playing in the first round. There is no real reward for winning the division like there is in other sports. Several Wild Card teams have made it to the World Series and several have won.

Yeah, the Tigers were the Wild Card in 2006 and look what they did. If I remember right, the Cardinals were the NL Wild Card that year too.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived