Packers to wear 1929 Throwbacks

Sec19Row53

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Party like its 1999 1929??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Packers throwback uniforms simply do not work in this era of football uniforms. The brown helmet and tan pants look completely out of place, and the huge circle with the number in the center looks awkward on the modern uniform cut.

If the Packers must have a throwback uniform, why not use this?

Isbell_preview_upper.jpg

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

Those damn 1929 uniforms are returning this year. They really look cool on the rack, but the numbers on the front are impossible to read in the stadium.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/128457468.html

I'm happy to hear this. They were 50/50 last month about it, which is why I removed them from their wiki-uni's. LOVE these uni's!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Had suspected that - they reloaded the blue merchandise in the pro shop a couple days earlier.

Wish they had found any other team to wear their navy-and-tan uniforms against, though.

What is the NFL record for collective INTs thrown in a game?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Had suspected that - they reloaded the blue merchandise in the pro shop a couple days earlier.

Wish they had found any other team to wear their navy-and-tan uniforms against, though.

I may be wrong about this, but I believe it's eight (I'm not googling this, so if I'm wrong, someone straighten me out). I also wanna say it was some QB for the Bears. If that is wrong, though, then Trent Dilfer might've done it, then. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I may be wrong about this, but I believe it's eight (I'm not googling this, so if I'm wrong, someone straighten me out). I also wanna say it was some QB for the Bears. If that is wrong, though, then Trent Dilfer might've done it, then. ^_^

I think he meant most TDs thrown by both teams combined.

And once again, that is the ongoing problem with Wikipedia.

By all means explain. I've valued my sources for the past 3 years and 90% of the time they are dead on. Like I said above, the Packers weren't 100% sold on wearing them in 2011 and therefore they had to be removed. "Possible" uniforms will not be placed on their wiki pages. Everything must be confirmed.

Don't hate on all of the hard work a lot of people put into the NFL/NCAA/NBA/MLB/NHL wiki pages.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I think he meant most TDs thrown by both teams combined.

Combined interceptions.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh...my bad. In that case, I got nothin'.

I'm not, Johnny. But the fact that any one lay person can arbitrarily decide on his own, without either authoritative sources or transparency, that the uniforms are no longer worthy of inclusion shows the inherent problem with the system. Especially when the shadowy and arbitrary decision tums out to be plain old wrong, but after it has been given the imprimatur of authority.

It's not you I'm criticizing, or any of the others. It's the very bad Wikipedia model, that values consesus over truth, seniority over reality. You shouldn't have been put in a position to make that judgment call, and subsequently to have been wrong.

Speaking of the pro shop, why... why... WHY did they randomly throw Northwestern stripes on to this jersey? Getting a chance to buy that again was the only reason I was exited to hear the '29 throwbacks were coming back... how in the blue hell did they manage to eff that up?

Gothamite, they haven't yet even worn the jersey yet in 2011, so therefore the image of their uniform without the 3rd alternate uni wasn't wrong either. Wikipedia isn't a special club where a few of us judge what's right by our own verdict. It is highly policed and corrections are quickly made when someone changes something that us wrong and/or attempt to vandalize a certain page. Nothing is 100% perfect and flawless on the internet.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Gothamite, they haven't yet even worn the jersey yet in 2011, so therefore the image of their uniform without the 3rd alternate uni wasn't wrong either. Wikipedia isn't a special club where a few of us judge what's right by our own verdict. It is highly policed and corrections are quickly made when someone changes something that us wrong and/or attempt to vandalize a certain page. Nothing is 100% perfect and flawless on the internet.

They never officially dropped the throwback alternates though, even if they considered doing so. So removing them was still the wrong move. You should have waited for conformation that they were not going to be worn before making the change.

They never officially dropped the throwback alternates though, even if they considered doing so. So removing them was still the wrong move. You should have waited for conformation that they were not going to be worn before making the change.

I didn't remove it. When I created the new template, it wasn't included. It would've been wrong to have it without them telling me a strong yes. If I had placed it on there, then there's a legit argument that it shouldn't be on there as well. Pick your poison.

Bryan Nehring, Asst. Equipment Manager for the Packers flat out told me that they were "on the fence" about wearing them this year back in April. He said it was, and I quote, "50/50" and "probably won't happen". Therefore, it wasn't included in the original template upgrade. Once it was 100% official, it was added. Doesn't get any easier than that. It's now on there and was NOT going to be on there until it was 100%. "50/50, on the fence, and probably won't happen" are not reasons to create something that may or may not still exist.

This is how the things like the WikiProject National Football League work. We can't make everyone happy. Plus, this is exactly why there's a discussion tab at the top of every wiki page.

:bonk:

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived