2011 NFL Preview

NJTank

Tank, you do realise that the Browns only play one team with a winning record last year in their first... 10 I think it is games? (And that's the Colts). I'm not saying that they won't have a tough time adjusting under the new administration, but it might not be as tough as it would've otherwise been.

6fQjS3M.png

Vick never called the Eagles a 'dream team', that dummy Vince Young did. Listening to him talk, he might be the dumbest athlete I've ever heard.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Vick never called the Eagles a 'dream team', that dummy Vince Young did. Listening to him talk, he might be the dumbest athlete I've ever heard.

Vick was the one who said something to the effect that DC's couldn't build a defense to stop the Eagles.

Wow, the Jets with 13 wins, and the Patriots with 12... not happening. The Jets have only won 12 games, once in their entire existence, and this is not the team that will break that record. If they got Nnamdi, then maybe I would consider that a possibility with two shutdown corners, but I see them matching last year's mark and not surpassing it, and the Patriots have an extremely tough schedule this year and somewhat overachieved last year, so I don't see them getting 12 wins. The Browns actually could sneak into playoff contention with their soft schedule, and Baltimore has looked maddenly inconsistent during the preseason. But beyond that, not too bad with the predictions.

Someone has jumped on the Falcons bandwagon.

As cautiously optimistic I am about the Falcons chances of having a damn good season, one thought/question comes to me each time:

The Falcons went 13-3 in 2010. Considering the main moves the team made (Julio Jones and Ray Edwards), the Falcons should be even better. But then I think about the Falcons' secondary....I just think that'll keep them from going where they want to get to.

You haven't heard much Terelle Pryor have you?

Vince Young, Terelle Pryor, and Cam Newton. They all come off as cocky athletes who think all they have to do is show up and they'll win. Well that might work in college, but like we've seen with Vince Young that kind of work ethic and attitude doesn't translate to the NFL. The thing I don't understand the most is why a BACKUP QB feels the need to run his mouth? I wonder how Bill Belichick would react if Brian Hoyer started running his mouth. Vince needs to worry more about keeping the wood splinters out of his ass, rather than crowning his team already. Ask the Heat how that turned out!

Vick was the one who said something to the effect that DC's couldn't build a defense to stop the Eagles.

That is irrelevant. Tnak quoted him as saying "dream team", which was said by another player on the roster.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Agreed. Not to mention the linebackers / safetys.

No way the NFC West collectively stops dick tripping that much to get that many out of division wins.

And I see somebody else didn't get the memo about Pat Shurmur.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No way the NFC West collectively stops dick tripping that much to get that many out of division wins.

Holmgren wouldn't have brought in Shurmur if he didn't believe he could help the Browns win. He took a 1 win team to a 7 win team, with a rookie QB. So hypothetically say he wins even 5 more games in Cleveland, with basically another rookie in Colt, that takes us to 9-7? We'd take that in a heartbeat and I'm sure even the Rams would. Now I know that will never happen in our division but I'm just saying you have some beef with a guy who improved your team by 6 WINS! Get over it, he's in Cleveland now. If you really hated him that much you should be happy to see him go, not constantly bashing him or the Browns.

As for the rankings, they might need some shuffling. Playoff teams in bold

Eagles-Cowboys-Giants-Redskins

Packers-Bears-Vikings-Lions

Falcons-Saints-Bucs-Panthers

Seahawks-Cardinals-Rams-49ers

Patriots-Jets-Dolphins-Bills

Steelers-Ravens-Browns-Bengals

Colts-Titans-Texans-Jaguars

Chargers-Chiefs-Raiders-Broncos

Holmgren wouldn't have brought in Shurmur if he didn't believe he could help the Browns win. He took a 1 win team to a 7 win team, with a rookie QB. So hypothetically say he wins even 5 more games in Cleveland, with basically another rookie in Colt, that takes us to 9-7? We'd take that in a heartbeat and I'm sure even the Rams would. Now I know that will never happen in our division but I'm just saying you have some beef with a guy who improved your team by 6 WINS! Get over it, he's in Cleveland now. If you really hated him that much you should be happy to see him go, not constantly bashing him or the Browns.

As for the rankings, they might need some shuffling. Playoff teams in bold

Eagles-Cowboys-Giants-Redskins

Packers-Bears-Vikings-Lions

Falcons-Saints-Bucs-Panthers

Seahawks-Cardinals-Rams-49ers

Patriots-Jets-Dolphins-Bills

Steelers-Ravens-Browns-Bengals

Colts-Titans-Texans-Jaguars

Chargers-Chiefs-Raiders-Broncos

Listen sweetcheeks. The Rams' offensive playcalling, put bluntly, sucked balls the last 2 years under Shurmur's watch. Most Rams fans had been calling for Shurmur's ouster over that period, and when Cleveland hired him, well, it was worth a LOL WUT pear, followed by much rejoicing.

The Rams' improvement in the win loss department can be pretty much attributed to slightly better luck, and some modest talent upgrades on offense (most notably, replacing a QB who had lost his will to live with somebody too young to know better talented) accompanied by greater talent upgrades on defense.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived