NFL Concept Championships

blase

People gotta follow the rules better.

ONE PRIMARY LOGO, on a background OR helmet, with the option of wordmarks.

Also, when is round two DUE?

In the past I've run with yeild rule that when one concept has 25 more votes than it's competitor it wins or when it's close the first concept to 30 votes wins. I'll run with that again unless I get unanimous disagreement.

Once this round is complete I'd like to have round 2 (adding uniforms) up in a week's time. Designers can feedback if they would lke to push this out a couple more days.

Only thing is that I, and I assume others, will want to include secondaries, wordmarks, and more into their uniforms. I'm fine with making these beforehand, but it seems a little strange.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you say that we could only submit one image? Because I submitted two (I don't know if others may have too) and you only picked one. If I had known that was the case I would've arranged my logos differently.

My bad!!!!! I just relooked at your PM and for some reason I only saved the helmet logo. I'm nervous about tampering with the poll and losing all the votes (has happened to me before) so if you are happy I will rerun your matchup with correct images once the other matchups are sorted.

Don't worry about messing with the poll, I don't think I'd come back and win anyway. But if you'd like to add my second image to your original post, that'd be alright.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Did you say that we could only submit one image? Because I submitted two (I don't know if others may have too) and you only picked one. If I had known that was the case I would've arranged my logos differently.

My bad!!!!! I just relooked at your PM and for some reason I only saved the helmet logo. I'm nervous about tampering with the poll and losing all the votes (has happened to me before) so if you are happy I will rerun your matchup with correct images once the other matchups are sorted.

Don't worry about messing with the poll, I don't think I'd come back and win anyway. But if you'd like to add my second image to your original post, that'd be alright.

Done! Everyone, please note the update to CAB's concept!!!!!

In the past I've run with yeild rule that when one concept has 25 more votes than it's competitor it wins or when it's close the first concept to 30 votes wins. I'll run with that again unless I get unanimous disagreement.

Once this round is complete I'd like to have round 2 (adding uniforms) up in a week's time. Designers can feedback if they would lke to push this out a couple more days.

Only thing is that I, and I assume others, will want to include secondaries, wordmarks, and more into their uniforms. I'm fine with making these beforehand, but it seems a little strange.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.

He's saying that some of us might want to add the team's wordmark on the chest of our jersey, as well as a secondary logo on the hip or shoulder/sleeve.

I was actually thinking the same thing.

It would make more sense to do the secondary logo and wordmark for the second round because of this.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Out of Curiosity, how do you seed these? I honestly think the Giants and Cardinals logos are the two best in the NFC and you have them paired up in the first round?

I agree...I love both the Giants and Cardinals logos. I think voting shouldn't be paired (team vs. team). I think we should just vote on which teams have the best concept from each conference. Top 4 teams from AFC and top 4 from NFC advance. And then the logo with the most votes plays the logo with the least amount of the top 4.

For example:

Redskins 50 votes

Giants 45 votes

Cardinals 30 votes

Bucs 28 votes

Say that is the top 4 teams for the NFC after round 1. So they advance and Skins and Bucs play and Giants-Cards. Winner of that plays the NFC Championship.

I think this way, we won't have problems with seeding. And in round 2 we kinda know which concept is the best and can be seeded accordingly.

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

Out of Curiosity, how do you seed these? I honestly think the Giants and Cardinals logos are the two best in the NFC and you have them paired up in the first round?

I agree...I love both the Giants and Cardinals logos. I think voting shouldn't be paired (team vs. team). I think we should just vote on which teams have the best concept from each conference. Top 4 teams from AFC and top 4 from NFC advance. And then the logo with the most votes plays the logo with the least amount of the top 4.

For example:

Redskins 50 votes

Giants 45 votes

Cardinals 30 votes

Bucs 28 votes

Say that is the top 4 teams for the NFC after round 1. So they advance and Skins and Bucs play and Giants-Cards. Winner of that plays the NFC Championship.

I think this way, we won't have problems with seeding. And in round 2 we kinda know which concept is the best and can be seeded accordingly.

I like that idea, seems like a good way to do it.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

For example:

Redskins 50 votes

Giants 45 votes

Cardinals 30 votes

Bucs 28 votes

I am obviously for this, seeing as how mine and razr's matchup is one of the only tight ones. Obviously, I am biased.

For example:

Redskins 50 votes

Giants 45 votes

Cardinals 30 votes

Bucs 28 votes

I am obviously for this, seeing as how mine and razr's matchup is one of the only tight ones. Obviously, I am biased.

This is actually a good idea. It wouldn't work if these logos where all there was (like the ncaa competition) as it would show you the winner (by way of votes) in the very first poll. Because this comp has more added to it at each round it means people keep getting the chance to gain more votes as they build their concepts. I like it. I'd be willing to do it but is it fair since we've started?????

He's saying that some of us might want to add the team's wordmark on the chest of our jersey, as well as a secondary logo on the hip or shoulder/sleeve.

I was actually thinking the same thing.

It would make more sense to do the secondary logo and wordmark for the second round because of this.

Right, makes sense.

I guess there's two options for round 2:

1) Uniforms and any wordmarks and sec logos people want to use (round three still add any other supporting dsigns to build concept i.e. field design)

2) Wordmarks and sec logos (round three add uniforms)

I don't mind, i just know that people like seeing uniform designs and if we go with option 2 it means we will only see four of these.

I think we should stick with unis for round two, and any alternates will obviously be displayed then. 3 should be furthering the brand (as initially stated) through field designs, merch, etc. Just my two cents. I think only having 4 uniforms would be kind of a let down-- as much as I like logos.

The Bucaneers logo made by missouri tigers is outstanding.

Agreed. I just don't know if its a "primary logo". Seems more of a secondary

Funny you said that because it originally was a secondary.

My first plan was to go with an updated version of buccaneer Bruce, when that didn't work out as planed, I tried to go with plan B, a basic skull an cross bones/swords logo, but I got fed up with it after a while and realized that I was spending way too much time on it, and just went with the TB logo.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Archived