Michigan STate Pro Combat

paynomind

Blech.

68251_la.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, Colorado State looks great here.

I'm sorry, what? Oh. Ohhhhhh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

MSU wearing gold for the Michigan game would be like if Michigan added silver to their uniform for the Ohio State game. Just an asinine idea.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

MSU wearing gold for the Michigan game would be like if Michigan added silver to their uniform for the Ohio State game. Just an asinine idea.

Michigan doesn't wear gold, they wear yellow. Wearing it against Michigan is just as ridiculous as wearing it against any other team - very ridiculous.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Michigan doesn't wear gold, they wear yellow. Wearing it against Michigan is just as ridiculous as wearing it against any other team - very ridiculous.

Michigan wears maize, but Michigan State's gold is too reminiscent of maize, that it's asinine to wear it against their biggest rival.

I just don't get it. How can Nike come up with great-looking Pro Combats for Navy and Army (I'm salivating thinking about what they'll come up with for Air Force) but terrible-looking Pro Combats for BCS AQ schools like Georgia and Michigan State?

Called the bronze helmet. Looks pretty meh to me. Could have done much more.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I just don't get it. How can Nike come up with great-looking Pro Combats for Navy and Army (I'm salivating thinking about what they'll come up with for Air Force) but terrible-looking Pro Combats for BCS AQ schools like Georgia and Michigan State?

I too find that interesting. The service academies are easily, IMHO, the best of the bunch. Hell, as I said in the other thread, I'd be thrilled if Navy eventually went full-time with thier PC uniform. That thing's a beauty. Yet, at the same time - and in the same season - these big-time schools like tOSU, Georgia, and MSU look anywhere from "mehh" to terrible.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I can't tell if the jersey is green or black. If it's black, then I need to ask why. If it's green, then I kind of dig it. Gold is a "throwback" color of sorts for Michigan State and I've always thought a green and gold combo for someone would look cool.

The helmet is a different story though...

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I can't tell if the jersey is green or black. If it's black, then I need to ask why. If it's green, then I kind of dig it. Gold is a "throwback" color of sorts for Michigan State and I've always thought a green and gold combo for someone would look cool.

The jersey is green. The side panels of the shoulder pads are black.

Michigan wears maize, but Michigan State's gold is too reminiscent of maize, that it's asinine to wear it against their biggest rival.

Yes, Michigan wears a bright shade of yellow known as maize. They don't even wear athletic gold, which is actually yellow. And even athletic gold looks nothing like the shade of gold MSU has here. This color is not at all reminiscent of maize.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes, Michigan wears a bright shade of yellow known as maize. They don't even wear athletic gold, which is actually yellow. And even athletic gold looks nothing like the shade of gold MSU has here. This color is not at all reminiscent of maize.

It is, when you're MSU wearing it against Michigan.

It could be worse, but there's a larger issue here: lack of inspiration. I feel like Nike has done such a great job in the past of making things distinctly unique to the school. This? Just looks like one of the bucket-fills we see ever-so-frequently in the Concepts forum. As an MSU fan, I'm glad we get the publilcity, but I'm seriously bummed that Nike took away an iconic color from the school (white) and added two unnecessary colors in black and gold. We're not Purdue. I realize the historic implication of the black and gold, but it's just not working for me. It's okay, but Nike fumbled on this one. BIG TIME.

And FTR, that's not bronze. That's gold.

Archived