Michigan STate Pro Combat

paynomind

Now, if the same creative thinking that went into the concept of the design as in the execution of the jersey, we'd have a nice product. I'm not hating the overall look, but I hate the lack of "out there" that most Pro Combats have. Here's the video for the unis, as well.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are overreacting on this one.

On it's own the set looks pretty good.

It's just not very personalized to the school... meh- they could have been more creative. But in the end, it'll look nice on the field.

Not wild about the black pants and def has the UAB feel that others mentioned.

Bad Nike Design

Talk about a redundant statement of redundancy.

Sparty is cool and distinctive in college as the green and white team. I respect teams that can stake a claim on a primary color and white. Adding gold and black is diluting the brand. Hearing there IS some historical president does assuage my concerns a tiny bit, however, Nike fumbles yet again.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

These pro combat jerseys were a flash in the pan, I hope Nike stops making a line of these bland uniforms and gets back to creating better uniforms for the teams existing sets instead of creating these horrendous uniforms.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

I think Michigan State's look great. Maybe the best of the bunch. The green and gold, really well with each other. And sureeee, gold isn't one of Michigan State's colors... but that hasn't stopped Pro Combat uniforms before. Are charcoal/silver/black part of WVU's colors?

Edit:

Oh wait, I didn't see the black pants. Definitely not a fan of the black pants.

90758391980.gif

As a one-off set, I like them. Bronze and gold are of a similar look, but I'd see it as bronze. I too wish there would have been some white in there. I hope this is the first and last time we see these because I very much like the traditional green and white.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Is that 'Spartans' on the back of the pants white? It looks like it, and sticks out like a sore thumb in the one picture. Not a fan of team name on the back of the jersey, when it has always been associated with players names in most every sport. If you want to make it about the team and not the individual, just leave it blank. The colors don't look like State, but they aren't terrible on their own. The use of them, however, is terrible. One thing I have noticed with these Pro Combats is most of them are very unbalanced when it comes to color usage.

MegatronSig2.jpg

As an MSU fan, I'm glad we get the publilcity, but I'm seriously bummed that Nike took away an iconic color from the school (white) and added two unnecessary colors...

Just so you're aware, you're on record as the creator of a Michigan State Pro Combat concept that stripped away all the white in favor of Nike's trusty dark grey.

...because I already did a white one. Just so you're aware, I don't really care-- nor do I care for the snarky comments. Mine was a concept (one of two), this is REAL.

So, you're bashing Nike's attempt here, when you did the exact same things that you're criticizing Nike's design for? As long as you're okay with that, I suppose.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

And sureeee, gold isn't one of Michigan State's colors... but that hasn't stopped Pro Combat uniforms before. Are charcoal/silver/black part of WVU's colors?

And this is supposed to make it okay? The age-old saying, "Well what if everyone else decided to jump off a bridge!?" comes to mind.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

And sureeee, gold isn't one of Michigan State's colors... but that hasn't stopped Pro Combat uniforms before. Are charcoal/silver/black part of WVU's colors?

And this is supposed to make it okay? The age-old saying, "Well what if everyone else decided to jump off a bridge!?" comes to mind.

So, you just compared changing colors of a uniform, to suicide. NIce.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Nike Uniform Man: So which pro combat is next?

Employee: Michigan State

Nike Uniform Man: OK, so let's start with the colors. How about we add black and bronze?

Employee: Ughhh. Black again? Why the :censored: do we always have to use black for a team that doesn't have it?

Nike uni Man: Cuz black is cool. And bronze was the color of a Spartan's helmet.

Employee: Those are really unnecessary.

Nike uni Man: Oh well its Nike and thats what we do.

Employee: <_<

700th post!!!!!!!!!!! (bow)(dance):boogie:

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

People are acting like Nike hadn't added bronze to MSU before this. They added bronze outlines when they gave MSU new uni's a year or 2 ago

I know but its still ridiculous how they add colors to teams when they aren't they teams actual school colors. I do think bronze goes well with green and white. I just hate the black.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Michigan State's actually looks pretty good by itself. It looks pretty bad as a Michigan State set, because they don't look like Michigan State uniforms. Not one, but TWO off-colors (black and bronze/gold/yellow/whatever). That sort of thing works with Oregon because we've come to expect it (plus everyone recognizes the big "O" and the unique number font). Not so much for Sparty.

Also black NOB against dark green jersey. Never again.

My thoughts exactly.

So, you just compared changing colors of a uniform, to suicide. NIce.

It's a fairly common saying. I don't see how it is a big deal that he used it.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

People are acting like Nike hadn't added bronze to MSU before this. They added bronze outlines when they gave MSU new uni's a year or 2 ago

I know but its still ridiculous how they add colors to teams when they aren't they teams actual school colors. I do think bronze goes well with green and white. I just hate the black.

I don't know exactly what color MSU is using for that Gold, but it isn't the Bronze they recently added.

Their Bronze is exactly what the Buccaneers used for their Pewter - prior to Reebok changing it to a custom color in 2009.

I think the people who like this uniform are missing the fact there is BLACK in there. The black and shade of green are too close for comfort. It's the same stupid crap they pulled with Pittsburgh.

Nike baffles me with some of the stuff they are convinced looks good. The bronze is passable from me, but coloring random sections black is just another part of Nike's ineptitude.

I think the people who like this uniform are missing the fact there is BLACK in there. The black and shade of green are too close for comfort. It's the same stupid crap they pulled with Pittsburgh.

Nike baffles me with some of the stuff they are convinced looks good. The bronze is passable from me, but coloring random sections black is just another part of Nike's ineptitude.

The part I can't stand is the colored sleeves. 85% of all the jerseys are tailored in the sleeveless 'lineman' style, which relegates the 'sleeve' to a half circle shaped piece of material above the cuff. It's really not that hard to figure out that it doesn't look good to try and color the sleeve when there isn't one. It's a sleeveless shirt! Stripes are bad enough on it, but to color it like that?

This is one thing, because there are actual sleeves here...

Georgia-Pro-Combat-Uniform-7.jpg

This looks terrible, because this cut has no actual sleeves!

georgia-nike-pro-combat-e1315272525338.jpg

Ohio+State+v+Michigan+-_vaYXtntcml.jpg

Archived