Rick Reilly's Jersey Rules

LetsGoOakland9

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree with most (because, Reilly) but Rule No. 2 (always wear a shirt underneath your jersey), Rule No. 5 (customized jersey with your name), Rule No. 7 (no fat dudes wearing skinny player's jerseys) and No. 8 (no pink, camo jerseys).

To be perfectly honest, I buy the t-shirts now. Not only are they waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper and you're not kicking yourself when the player gets traded or leaves via free agency.

spacer.png

Rules? Really? Just wear whatever you want to wear. Articles like this are written by people who care way too much about what other people think of them.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

He only wrote that article to get a rise out of people. He succeeded. Wear whatever you want, whenever you want. It's your life, nobody else controls it.

He gets paid to troll?

The entire ESPN the Magazine staff gets paid to troll. Or did you miss the latest issue.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He only wrote that article to get a rise out of people. He succeeded. Wear whatever you want, whenever you want. It's your life, nobody else controls it.

He gets paid to troll?

The entire ESPN the Magazine staff gets paid to troll. Or did you miss the latest issue.

As a Boston sports fan, I, for one, love the newest issue. :rolleyes:

God, that's pathetic. It's like they purposefully ignored the pleas of most of the sports world. Drew Magary at Kissing Suzy Kolber has a great "review" of the issue (NSFW for language): http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2011/09/what-the-f-k-is-this-espn.html

spacer.png

Stopped reading at "Rick Reilly"

Wish I did the same. The only one I actually agree with is number 2, unless its a girl :D. As far as number 4 I'm probably in the minority on this but I don't see the problem. Yeah nobody is going to mistake me for being on the team, but also nobody going to mistake me for being that actual player whose name happens to be on the back.

Rick Reilly can be useful moron to laugh at some times other than that, I could care less.

Archived