Hot Stove: MLB Offseason Thread

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised the Angels cabal here isn't doing backflips of Joy.

Jeff Mathis is now a Blue Jay.

I'm too busy shedding tears of joy. ^_^

I was busy doing backflips.

I was busy watching my tears do joyful backflips while I high-fived Jerry DiPoto.

How he convinced anybody to take on Jeff Mathis is beyond me. I gotta think it was a thank you from Toronto for taking Wells. (Just for the dagger of it, watch Mathis get traded to Texas and become a batting champion :P:lol: )

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

jonmorosi Jon Morosi

BREAKING: Manny Ramirez is making a comeback. Filing for reinstatement from MLB voluntary retired list, source tells FOXSports.com.

Manny filing for reinstatement? Broke?

Meanwhile, Pedro is officially retiring:

Link

"I'm going to [officially announce it], I'm going to do it," Martinez said. "But I want to throw a party too. I want to make it part of every place that I'm going to be remembered and loved by the fans. I'm going to start by doing something in the Dominican, officially signing the papers, probably coming back to Boston and getting something going with you guys."

I hope the Sox retire his number someday.

jonmorosi Jon Morosi

BREAKING: Manny Ramirez is making a comeback. Filing for reinstatement from MLB voluntary retired list, source tells FOXSports.com.

Wouldn't he still have to serve that 100 game suspension?

jonmorosi Jon Morosi

Wouldn't he still have to serve that 100 game suspension?

Yep.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/marlins-offer-reyes-six-year-111mm-deal.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Marlins have offered Jose Reyes a six-year, $111MM deal, according to Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportesLosAngeles.com (Spanish link)The deal would pay $106MM for six years with a $22MM option for a seventh season with a $5MM buyout.

This marks a significant increase from Miami's offer a few weeks ago, which was reportedly in the neighborhood of $90MM over six years.

I love Reyes, but 6 years would be too much with how injury prone. Still, kinda sucks for the Mets considering how well he played when he was healthy last season. At least the Mets can really take this rebuilding phase and run with it. If they can keep the young talent around and have them keep on improving (and for the team doctors, don't make Ike Davis' day-to-day injuries end up being season ending ones), they could be back in the mix within maybe a year, more likely 2-3. I'm gonna be patient with the Mets. It's not like their rebuilding process can be any worse than the Islanders'. :P

That being said, IF YOU COULDN'T SIGN HIM, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TRADE HIM? That could've helped out said rebuilding process greatly.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived