A's 1993 Away Cap

bosrs1

Who do we talk to about a change needed on the main site to a uniform? The current Oakland A's 1993 away uniform is not entirely correct.

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=jst0igiqj9omeufxh6hhjl0nt

The cap for this uniform should be solid green with a white "A's" on it. Basically what is there with the yellow bill and cap topper being green. It was a one off cap they only wore that year before they turned the "A's" yellow in 1994.

I suppose I'm the one to find, since I'm the one making these graphics.

The cap for this uniform should be solid green with a white "A's" on it. Basically what is there with the yellow bill and cap topper being green. It was a one off cap they only wore that year before they turned the "A's" yellow in 1994.

Do you have photo proof? If so, then I'll make the change.

Also, the Jays should be wearing the "Toothpaste T" with their black alt:

The regular J/Jay cap is the primary cap to be used with the black alternate uniform, according to the Blue Jays' style guide.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

The solid-green cap with white A certainly existed for a season. Here they are in Dressed to the 9s.

al_1993_oakland.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The regular J/Jay cap is the primary cap to be used with the black alternate uniform, according to the Blue Jays' style guide.

51603598.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=FE1CE9934D1C2A8CAFB9A0131CE11D5E9B03597C0CF4D097CD7E580AEA752AB8

Always liked that cap but definitely glad they made the switch to the current road cap in 94. This one just looks off with their yellow socks, kind of unbalanced if you will. That said I'm sad I can't find it anywhere to buy one. I had one years ago but lost it at some point along the way.

So do we contact you in order to get corrections or accurate updates? I have literally posted dozens and dozens of comments on the individual uni pages that need corrections. It would be nice to consolidate all of the errors. I can certainly post pics along with the needed corrections.

So do we contact you in order to get corrections or accurate updates? I have literally posted dozens and dozens of comments on the individual uni pages that need corrections. It would be nice to consolidate all of the errors. I can certainly post pics along with the needed corrections.

I can take your questions/comments/requests by PM. However, I cannot guarantee that they will all get done (based on my resources), or that they will be completed in a certain amount of time. My time is a bit restricted now due to both school and work.

And I usually don't check the comments on the logo site, so forgive me for not noticing any prior remarks. Thanks.

The A's away cap (either version of it) is IMO the most unnecessary of all road (or secondary) caps. They're saying that they still want some yellow on it, just not as much as a brim (so they change the color of their monogram, which is IMO never a good idea).

The gold brim / green crown had a chance to be iconic (it helped that the fat guy in Highway to Heaven always wore it) and it works perfectly well with their road uniforms, which have just as much yellow as their home (unlike other teams that play with their colors from home to road.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not trying to sound argumentative, but can you please provide a link? Because:

a ) They always wear thet cap with the alt.

b ) On the motherboard, that "T" shows up under "cap logos", but does not appear on a single jersey.

c ) It's being sold as the alternate cap both on Amazon and the online Jays Shop

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

b ) On the motherboard, that "T" shows up under "cap logos", but does not appear on a single jersey.

c ) It's being sold as the alternate cap both on Amazon and the online Jays Shop

Officially, it is an alternate cap. Not the cap for the alternate.

Here's your proof:

ScreenShot2011-10-25at110613PM.pngScreenShot2011-10-25at110631PM.pngScreenShot2011-10-25at110646PM.png

The A's away cap (either version of it) is IMO the most unnecessary of all road (or secondary) caps. They're saying that they still want some yellow on it, just not as much as a brim (so they change the color of their monogram, which is IMO never a good idea).

The gold brim / green crown had a chance to be iconic (it helped that the fat guy in Highway to Heaven always wore it) and it works perfectly well with their road uniforms, which have just as much yellow as their home (unlike other teams that play with their colors from home to road.)

Oh I agree. One of the biggest mistakes the A's ever made was creating a road cap. Their "home" cap works with all of their uniforms and always has worked. However as time has gone on and they've come up with now two black alternate caps and of course the original road cap with the white A, the green with yellow A road cap no longer seems so bad in the grand scheme.

I still like how the current A's road cap came about. During the 1993 season a few of the players thought it needed to be green and yellow. So they took a yellow marker to the white A's on that. Wish I could find a picture of one of those colored in.

Of course that hat (green/white) will always be on film. That was the hat the year Angels in the Outfield was filmed at the Coliseum, so was used in that movie.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've seen the Jays wear their alternate uniforms with both caps.

They always wear the T hat on the road, never the Jay hat, but at home they use both. I think they let the starting pitcher choose the hat, If I remember correctly. By the end of the season, it seemed the only time they wore the Jay hat was when Romero started at home.

Ask and ye shall receive (usually, that is).

jst0igiqj9omeufxh6hhjl0nt.gif

Very nice. Now if only they still sold it somewhere :(

Never liked this combo. White on cap is just too bright when there is basically no other white in the uniform. I'd either make hat logo yellow, or remove yellow from uniform and replace with white outlines.

Ask and ye shall receive (usually, that is).

jst0igiqj9omeufxh6hhjl0nt.gif

Very nice. Now if only they still sold it somewhere :(

Never liked this combo. White on cap is just too bright when there is basically no other white in the uniform. I'd either make hat logo yellow, or remove yellow from uniform and replace with white outlines.

You are aware that's what they did, back in 1994, right?

Archived