VICTORY!

habsfannova

it doesnt feel good to be a sharks fan right now, let me tell you. i'd feel better about them winning if they were actually respectful and didnt throw soda and nacho cheese on the ice, like they did .

That was a very small percentage of the fans--the Sharks had a higher percentage booing their team--well and booing the Flames--and if you want the minority to represent the majority I could bring up a certain anti-Iginla sign from San Jose...

But I won't as I know most Sharks fans aren't like that--

Just sayong don't judge all Flames fans by some who litter the ice and disgrace themselves...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Lumberjack slashes to the face are just "part of the game" and should go unpunished.

Well they can lead to goals while a delayed penalty is called--like Nemo helped out with by setting up a goal with a stick in his face...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

There is no hockey god. Hockey is the coincidental result of 300 trillion billion to one longshot collision of gases which produced a solar system which happened to produce water particals which happened to freeze to form an ice-rink and single-celled organisms which happened to spring from 700 million to one primordial soup who all decided independently to get together and create a complex organism of millions of cells which happened to impossibly evolve over time to form big beefy men who swat at a piece of hard rubber with wooden planks.

...oops... wrong rant.

Say What? :grin::D:hockeysmiley:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Sorry to post 4 in a row--but I wanted to respond to 4 things on this thread and didn't feel like doing a whole bunch of copy & pasting--so point # 4

IF you contracted a California team, I'd choose the Ducks or Kings--they're practically next door to each other-do we really need them both?

Wow Ap, is somebodys canadian-confederate flag showing?

You sound ignorant, and i say that because you not only answer no questions, just respond with personal shots, as you mistake our quieries for insults.

But the worst is your logic. Hockey should be played in the North? And i suppose just white guys should play it too? And only sing Oh Canada, and pay the players with loonies?

Nearly every successful sport has been defined by its international appeal. Whether its popular here (the big 4) or not (soccer, cricket, rugby, etc) it all has international appeal.

So should they not play it in Europe too? Just you privledged? 24 million, or whatever it is in Canada? hahahaha, as Jesus says in the Big Lebowski...

"Thats laughable, mang."

Grow up and listen up in school, you need the education.

Sorry to call you out, but you really sound silly.

I really shouldnt get involved but i cannot let ergegious errors of geography go unpunished.

varying definitions of the word south notwithstanding, despite its location in california, the bay area is hardly "southern".

If we define southern as being south of the mason dixon line, then yes San jose is south. however so is Denver, St. Louis, and Washington. So i guess that means no Avs, no Blues and no Caps. In fact Philadelphia is only about 15 miles north of the mason-dixon line. All in all there are 9 teams in the NHL more southern than San Jose, thats a third of the league. 4 more teams, 3 of which are for some reason exempt from this north/south debate are located within 5 degrees of latitude from San Jose. In the grand scheme of things this is not a large difference. If San Jose is disqualified due simply to being in California, remember, the norther border of the Golden State is as far north as Toronto. now thats south for ya.

I'm not a sharks fan, i'm just a fan of geography. As long as a city can support a team it deserves to have one, regardless of latitude. be logical people.

Azzuri.gif

If the Hockey Gods really exist, how can you explain why Montreal, Toronto, Colorado and Detroit were all eliminated in the same week! We could have had the two highest rated conference finals ever steeped in rivalry and tradition.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If San Jose is disqualified due simply to being in California, remember, the norther border of the Golden State is as far north as Toronto. now thats south for ya.

I need some new maps. California only reaches as far North as Pittsburgh on all mine.

The northern edge of California is just north of the 42nd parallel. Toronto is just north of the 43rd. So Toronto is more northern by one degree of latitiude. however, interestingly enough, the most southern city in Ontario is listed as 41'59, making it more southern than the most northern town in california. you dont need a new map, just more percise measurments.

Azzuri.gif

HockeyGods had Calgary win. Simple as that. Philly will beat TB. HockeyGods have spoken.

Well, thereis tstill game 7. I think the "hockeygods" :rolleyes: will give Dave Anderchuck a chance at a championship.

Let's Go Lightning!!!!

HockeyGods had Calgary win. Simple as that. Philly will beat TB. HockeyGods have spoken.

i'm sure that Jerome, Mikka, and the other hard working guys on the Flames had nothing to do with it...anyone have the hockey gods phone number? I have a beef with them about the Habs...

You have yet to answer anyone's questions.

If the Hockey Gods let Calgary win, how come they didn't let Colorado, Detroit, Toronto and Montreal win last round?

And PROVE TO US that Hockey Gods exist! WE WANT PROOF!

-Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png

Well, thereis tstill game 7. I think the "hockeygods" :rolleyes: will give Dave Anderchuck a chance at a championship.

Let's Go Lightning!!!!

agreed. Dave has gone through the most any player ever has without sipping bubbly from Lor Stanley's mug...if the Hockey gos do exist and seek to reward the hard working, then shouldn't Dave been rewarded this year with a chance at least to be in the finals?

I'm finding this whole 'hockeygods' spleel to be just an excuse/explanation for why things happen./ I used to joke about when a player or team messes up or says something stupid, that they anger the hockeygods...but whatever, believe what you want. Go Dave! I think a fast and furious Lightning/Flames series would be excellent, and sure would be emotional for Dave :hockeysmiley:

HockeyGods is just a myth. It's funny how serious Roger gets though.

Of course it's a myth, but you seem to think that this myth is the divine reason why these sunbelt teams don't deserve hockey, only because you aren't man enough to admit that you are just being prejudiced against these places when you have no real reason to. It's discrimination and it's not tolerated in most places.

While you may have been joking about these Hockey Gods, nowhere did you imply any humor about it or even indicate that you knew it was a myth. No tongue-in-cheek comments, smilies or anything. You took the joke seriously, and by result, everyone else did. And you took this serious joke so far and beyond reasonable logic that everybody either has or is losing respect for you.

I'm surprised ICS hasn't come into this thread to tear you a new one. That sure was a nice e-mail you sent him.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png

Archived