best nhl city

puckcool22

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It matters what you value. If you just want to be able to play without being bothered, Miami.

No hassles, nice beaches, Few know the game, smallest pressure possible.

However, a City like Montreal or Toronto is a pressure cooker to the extreme. In Toronto, you can go from hero to zero on one missed pass. However, everybody will remember you for what you did if they win the championship.

I'd probably say Dallas is the best compromise.

Phoenix...... from what I hear the city is becoming a hockey knowledge fanbase, and ASU has a ton of hot girls and arizona U. isn't too bad either, and you don't have the pressure like montreal or New York, or Toronto........

spacer.png

Phoenix...... from what I hear the city is becoming a hockey knowledge fanbase, and ASU has a ton of hot girls and arizona U. isn't too bad either, and you don't have the pressure like montreal or New York, or Toronto........

thats probably cuz of all of the people rom up north here moving there, i have tons of family living in AZ.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'm going with Montreal, it certainly has the history, and it's a wild town. The New Orleans of the Great White North!

Toronto would be my number two. Again, it has the history. And it's so damn clean! And everyone is so damn nice.

Chicago would be my number three. It also has the history, unfortunately the "history" is just that, history. But, at least I'd be assured that the club will send me to a contender when I ask for money than the beer vendors are making.

CGP.gif

It matters what you value. If you just want to be able to play without being bothered, Miami.

No hassles, nice beaches, Few know the game, smallest pressure possible.

However, a City like Montreal or Toronto is a pressure cooker to the extreme. In Toronto, you can go from hero to zero on one missed pass. However, everybody will remember you for what you did if they win the championship.

I'd probably say Dallas is the best compromise.

I'd say Montreal would be one of the toughest to start out in, I recall Vinney Damphousse when he went to San Jose comment of how nice it was to not be hassled constantly by the fans about how he played

(not to put down San Jose, but nowhere takes hockey as seriously in Montreal, they're crazy

best to start...i'd probubly say toronto, too, but thats just from what I know, I know little about pretty much all the US cities

Toronto or Montreal would be awesome for tradition purposes, but the pressure is deadly.

So In a nice large tie for first... I think Calgary, Edmonton, San Jose, St. Paul, Columbus would be the best nhl cities to start in, based on fan support, and low media pressure.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

New York.

Sure they're overrated as a team, but the opportunity to learn from all the old guys is priceless. Plus, no pressure - everyone expects the Rangers to lose, so you can quitely build your skills.

Toss in all the city has to offer. And, as the young guy on a team of oldies, instant stud status.

Rookie's dream job.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

this is if i were the player?

definately chicago. i love the weather, the history is there, as an original six town, however they DO have other sports to care about, so you aren't under a microscope like in t-dot or montreal...

also, the city is chicago is a huge place. it reminds me a little of new york, with that "big city" feel to it.

if i were a promising rookie, i'd love to land with the blackhawks. room to be a beloved legend, but also room to be a relatively normal guy.

and to the guy who said dallas is a good compromise... i've gotta agree. i might have said them, if i wouldn't have been labelled a homer.

in dallas, the fans love you, but they give you your space... plus you've got warm weather (a little too warm, if you ask me), a city known for it's beautiful women, and a good nightlife...

but chicago is my choice, because of the tradition involved with putting on that sweater.

Atlanta. 'Cause no one care in Atlanta.

What the heck are you talking about? I'm sorry, but that statement is ludicrous.(Ludacris?) There's 15,000 fans that pack Philips Arena every night that say different.

Now, if you were talking about the NBA, then yeah, I'd agree with you. Nobody gives a crap about the Hawks.

Boston would be a great place for any young person with money. Of course the media and fans are not as laid back as in say Atlanta or LA. I've never really been to Canada (Fort Francis once after a wedding in Int'l Falls), so I cannot compare their cities, though I hear nice things about Vancouver. I'm suprised nobody has said that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

"Worst: Philly, no matter what sport you play."

My Worst? NOO YAWK. Old stadia, old arena, fishbowl media [see The New York Daily News or The New York Post and fans that are on you in a New York minute, no pun intended.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

New York.

Sure they're overrated as a team, but the opportunity to learn from all the old guys is priceless. Plus, no pressure - everyone expects the Rangers to lose, so you can quitely build your skills.

Toss in all the city has to offer. And, as the young guy on a team of oldies, instant stud status.

Rookie's dream job.

Thanks for making my argument so I didn't have to. :hockeysmiley:

Plus, with the Rangers, you're guaranteed a bigger contract than you deserve so there's no reason not to want to be there.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived