Week 13 NFL

mmejia

Best looking games of the day...

Packers_Giants_Football_97233_game.jpg

It just doesn't get any better than this. Perfection. The best a football game can look.

Raiders_Dolphins_Football_96933_game.jpg

Or this. I just wish the Dolphins would use different numbers. Great helmet match-up.

Chiefs_Bears_Football_96990_game.jpg

Or this...The Bears have the best home uniform in football. The Chiefs look great in all white.

Honorable mention.

Panthers_Buccaneers_Football_97113_game.jpg

Seeing the creamsicles once in a while is OK but I'm not as crazy about them as some of my fellow traditionalists are. They're OK but I prefer the Bucs current look.

The God-awful match-up of the week:

Broncos_Vikings_Football_96953_game.jpg

Wanna really impress me Tebow? Do something about that horrendous gear your team wears.

Honorable God-awful mention:

Cowboys_Cardinals_Football_97085_game.jpg

That Cardinals uniform is really cool...if you're seven years old. Awful. Just awful.

Are you unofficially bringing back my favorite best and worst of the week?! :D

I'm really surprised you didn't mention the Eagles-Seahawks as worst of the week. Both of their uniforms feature such dull, washed-out colors.

Funny picture you posted from the Bears-Chiefs game. Where do you get your pictures from?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the contrast in opinions here. The traditionalists simply don't like the newer stuff, but the neo-uniformists claim the old-school is either stodgy or just wrong. That said, my favorites are:

Packers-Giants (something to be said for the ones that have been around a while; they just look good)

Chiefs-Bears (chicago's consistency wins it)

Ravens-Browns

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

While individually I don't love the Packer's primarily gold away uniforms or the Giant's dull and boring blue/grey, together it was a great matchup.

In addition, I really loved the Cardinals all red set. Not sure why Paul Lukas thinks of them as "blood clots".

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I think the monochrome with a highly-contrasted helmet really kills it for me. That's why I dislike the Cards' all red so much. Their white/red/white combo is leaps and bounds better, I think. Makes the piping and random stripes tolerable

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think the white pops more in the absence of white pants. They gray makes them stand out, and has the added advantage of being unique and instantly recognizable. Plus it enhances the fairly pedestrian blue and red color scheme.

Gray, the most neutral color of all, makes the white pop and enhances the overall color scheme? That's a novel take.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wanna really impress me Tebow? Do something about that horrendous gear your team wears.

What is "horrendous" about what Denver wears?

Its a very tame uniform. Very clean and everything flows together nicely.

There are a few "horrendous" uniforms in your favorites list (uhh, Kansas City for one. Those ancient, washed out things they wear are horrible). But since they are considered "classics", I guess we'll let them slide.

And Carolina's entire uniform set looks very dated and just stale. Only 4 more games left with those things before the entire set gets tossed into the hamper for good. Thank you Nike!

Dennis! I haven't seen you in a while. Our paths don't cross too often since I stopped doing the weekly best/worst list. Since it's nothing but our opinions, I'm not going to bother debating any of this with you. I just wanted to say hello.

Oh, and I wasn't including Carolina in the post. They just happened to be in the picture of the creamsicle Bucs uniforms. Anyway, it was nice running into you again.

BB52Big.jpg

The Cardinals' all red is awful.

As for the Giants, I simply don't understand the gray pants at home. The white helmet logo/numbers and jersey numbers scream for white pants. Makes them pop.

2154958.jpg

4120668.jpg

To me, their grey pants justify the use of their grey facemasks. It balances out their color scheme by establishing grey as their tertiary color.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

i like the Giants in grey. its a color thats much more associated with something vintage as their identity reflects. its an old color in this context, but well aged. plus theres a lot of teams that do blue/white or blue/silver but blue/grey is pretty unique

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think the white pops more in the absence of white pants. They gray makes them stand out, and has the added advantage of being unique and instantly recognizable. Plus it enhances the fairly pedestrian blue and red color scheme.

Gray, the most neutral color of all, makes the white pop and enhances the overall color scheme? That's a novel take.

Yes. By minimizing the amount of white on the uniform, the white that is present is brighter than anything else on the uniform and consequently stands out more. While I love to consider myself a groundbreaking thinker, this doesn't exactly seem novel to me.

Are you unofficially bringing back my favorite best and worst of the week?! :D

I'm really surprised you didn't mention the Eagles-Seahawks as worst of the week. Both of their uniforms feature such dull, washed-out colors.

Funny picture you posted from the Bears-Chiefs game. Where do you get your pictures from?

Sure, why not? And thanks, I'm surprised someone notices it and enjoys it. B)

The Eagles aren't quite bad enough to make the worst list. They're boring and dull but not entirely awful. As I've said a gazillion times, if Seattle would just wear white pants at home, they'd move right into the top ten best looks in the NFL.

I get my pics from SI.com

BB52Big.jpg

To me, their grey pants justify the use of their grey facemasks. It balances out their color scheme by establishing grey as their tertiary color.

Count me in favor of gray for NYG. It adds perfectly to red and blue. And as mentioned earlier by Chawls, the gray facemasks + gray pants is great. I hate the white facemaks Giants helmets.

FYP :D

Yes. By minimizing the amount of white on the uniform, the white that is present is brighter than anything else on the uniform and consequently stands out more. While I love to consider myself a groundbreaking thinker, this doesn't exactly seem novel to me.

Yeah, okay. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Count me in favor of gray for NYG. It adds perfectly to red and blue. And as mentioned earlier, the gray facemasks + gray pants is great. I hate the white facemaks Giants helmets.

I as well like the gray pants in favor of white. However, every team expect the Raiders needs to throw the gray facemasks in the trash. I hate those things.

spacer.png

Count me in favor of gray for NYG. It adds perfectly to red and blue. And as mentioned earlier, the gray facemasks + gray pants is great. I hate the white facemaks Giants helmets.

I as well like the gray pants in favor of white. However, every team expect the Raiders needs to throw the gray facemasks in the trash. I hate those things.

As far as I've been able to tell, the Raiders mask - as opposed to some others - is supposed to match the helmet. Which doesn't make it as bad IMO.

The Cowboys' Gray facemasks completely clash with the Silver-Blue helmet.

Archived