Week 13 NFL

mmejia

Im impressed that for so long, Chicago has used the ultimate dark blue..it looks black but it isnt.. I use to think Penn State was dark blue but it doesnt compare to that/Chicago

Same Dark Navy that the Texans, Seahawks and the Bills (still) use.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the giants game i did some thinking

Since Adidas owns reebok and looking at teams like Buffalo, NY Giants, SD and Jax are they using a modified tech-fit template since the look abnormally tight?

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

>>>

I like when certain teams periodically change-up their color combos, but KC is one team that does themselves no justice when they choose to wear white pants with the white jerseys on the road. They've always looked fantastic in red away pants, especially when playing on natural grass. Why thhey chose white pants today was a bad choice IMO.

Too many Cardinals players are showing too much red in their socks and it ruins the mono cardinal-red look, which is one of the few mono's I actually like (on a limited basis). The socks among their players are all out of sync.

I thought this NYJ - WSH match-up had the best color contrast of all the games today. I still miss the J-E-T-S pointed logo and how it was mounted on a 45° angle in the 60s and very early 70s, The oval shape was the only tweak made in '98 that I still don't like.

Had it been sunny in our nations capitol the contrast would have looked even better.

09000d5d824b9a10_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d824ba5cc_gallery_600.jpg

>>>

I like when certain teams periodically change-up their color combos, but KC is one team that does themselves no justice when they choose to wear white pants with the white jerseys on the road. They've always looked fantastic in red away pants, especially when playing on natural grass. Why thhey chose white pants today was a bad choice IMO.

Too many Cardinals players are showing too much red in their socks and it ruins the mono cardinal-red look, which is one of the few mono's I actually like (on a limited basis). The socks among their players are all out of sync.

I thought this NYJ - WSH match-up had the best color contrast of all the games today. I still miss the J-E-T-S pointed logo and how it was mounted on a 45° angle in the 60s and very early 70s, The oval shape was the only tweak made in '98 that I still don't like.

Had it been sunny in our nations capitol the contrast would have looked even better.

09000d5d824b9a10_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d824ba5cc_gallery_600.jpg

Might wanna find some first half photos. I was at this game, and I can tell you the sun was out.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=311204028&photoId=1720542#photo_1720733

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Best looking games of the day...

Packers_Giants_Football_97233_game.jpg

It just doesn't get any better than this. Perfection. The best a football game can look.

Raiders_Dolphins_Football_96933_game.jpg

Or this. I just wish the Dolphins would use different numbers. Great helmet match-up.

Chiefs_Bears_Football_96990_game.jpg

Or this...The Bears have the best home uniform in football. The Chiefs look great in all white.

Honorable mention.

Panthers_Buccaneers_Football_97113_game.jpg

Seeing the creamsicles once in a while is OK but I'm not as crazy about them as some of my fellow traditionalists are. They're OK but I prefer the Bucs current look.

The God-awful match-up of the week:

Broncos_Vikings_Football_96953_game.jpg

Wanna really impress me Tebow? Do something about that horrendous gear your team wears.

Honorable God-awful mention:

Cowboys_Cardinals_Football_97085_game.jpg

That Cardinals uniform is really cool...if you're seven years old. Awful. Just awful.

BB52Big.jpg

Might wanna find some first half photos. I was at this game, and I can tell you the sun was out.

http://scores.espn.g...2#photo_1720733

>>>>>

Just did .... thanks for posting that.

Very disappointed. I was so pulling for your Redskins today ... something isn't right when a bust like Aaron Maybin is made to look like an all-pro ...

My team can't stop the run, still lacks a decent pass rush, and turned over the ball one time too many today. Will see them next week, driving from LA to SD.

Something cool I saw at the beginning of the Giants game.

Not sure where they were, assuming it was somewhere at Giants (Metlife) Stadium, but they had Antrel Rolle talking about the game. In the background they had a history of logos on the wall. They had the logo with the skyline, the crazy NY from the 70's, the GIANTS script logo, and current one. Pretty cool, not sure if everyone would notice that kind of thing unless they're people like us on here.

2ly2w09.jpg

Best Looking Game of the Week - It is a tie:

Philadelphia vs Seattle - Love the Eagles green pants and the whole Seahawks home uniform.

Carolina vs Tampa Bay - I like Carolina all-white (not at much as the Black) and those Tampa Bay throwbacks are sweet.

Honorable Mention:

Tennessee at Buffalo - Love the baby blue from Tennessee and starting to like the Bills set (It will never be perfect until they get rid of that gray facemask)

Worst Looking Game of the Week:

Chiefs at Bears - I like the Bears uniform, but I hate Kansas City in white pants. Horrible!

spacer.png

I honestly don't think New Orleans look too bad in their monochrome look, but they do it FAR too often.

Besides, those black pants desperately need some gold on them, for balance. It would also make them more palatable when worn with the white sets as well. I've never cared too much for the Saints road's having so little black when gold/white/gold, much like little gold being used with gold/black/black.

spacer.png

ANYTHING on the pants would be an improvement. Or just wear the striped throwback socks. Something to break up the black unitard

I honestly don't think New Orleans look too bad in their monochrome look, but they do it FAR too often.

Besides, those black pants desperately need some gold on them, for balance. It would also make them more palatable when worn with the white sets as well. I've never cared too much for the Saints road's having so little black when gold/white/gold, much like little gold being used with gold/black/black.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I think tonight's Lions-Saints game was the first time we saw them in black monochrome all season.

Could someone confirm?

Wanna really impress me Tebow? Do something about that horrendous gear your team wears.

What is "horrendous" about what Denver wears?

Its a very tame uniform. Very clean and everything flows together nicely.

There are a few "horrendous" uniforms in your favorites list (uhh, Kansas City for one. Those ancient, washed out things they wear are horrible). But since they are considered "classics", I guess we'll let them slide.

And Carolina's entire uniform set looks very dated and just stale. Only 4 more games left with those things before the entire set gets tossed into the hamper for good. Thank you Nike!

The Rams actually look good in the Blue Pants today. They need to keep those pants for the road only.

The Rams need to take those "out of place" stripes off the blue pants and match them with their gold pants.

They'd look a lot better with solid navy pants and it would be consistant with their gold pants.

Sometimes, you don't need "stripes for stripes sake" on football pants. When you don't have much striping on your uniform or helmet, you don't need them on your pants either. I know that bothers some of the stodgy traditionalists here.

I think tonight's Lions-Saints game was the first time we saw them in black monochrome all season.

Could someone confirm?

They wore mono last week vs. the Giants, so last night was the second time they've worn it in 12 games this year. Yeah, FAR too often. :wacko:

But I actually agree it's too often because I think it's their worst look. As another poster said, they desperately need stripes on the black pants. The lack of white anywhere but the helmet stripe (and away jerseys of course) is annoying. The gold pants need the old b/w/b stripe.

We'll likely see the monos again on MNF vs. Atlanta (12/26).

As for the Saints "hating" the black on gold, no, but for afternoon games when they can choose the uni, they seem to favor whi/gold, whi/blk, then blk/gold. With that said, there's really no rhyme or reason; Payton's been asked about it and said while they often wear white at home early in the year and more black as the season goes on, they don't spend as much time thinking about which jersey color to wear as some people think. I'm paraphrasing, but he said the players have input but they put on whatever the equipment guys lay out.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived