Adirondack Hockey

sanq

Boy, maybe I'm jaded or something but I really dislike all of those options. I guess that style of design has grown tiresome to me in some ways, I guess I'm just a sucker for older logos, not so much shadow and defintely not so 'extreme'.

Boy, maybe I'm jaded or something but I really dislike all of those options. I guess that style of design has grown tiresome to me in some ways, I guess I'm just a sucker for older logos, not so much shadow and defintely not so 'extreme'.

that style always screams "minor league" to me... look at most of the professional sports out there... especially hockey and baseball. they have generally outstanding logos...

but then you've got the nba/nfl style..... only thing that bothers me about the NFL style, is that almost EVERY ANIMAL logo has to be the exact same shape, and consist of it's head and neck only

I don't remember the artist/graphic company that produced these logos - I like 'em 5 of the 6. The Attack & RedHawks are my favorite with the Mulleteers close behind.

Love the Mullettmen!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Surely can't tell that the same designer did all of those!

The same designer did all of those...and don't call me Shirley. :D

I was being sarcastic!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Surely can't tell that the same designer did all of those!

The same designer did all of those...and don't call me Shirley. :D

I was being sarcastic!

Is there a smiley with something going over it's head? :D

Definantly like the Attack and the Frostbite logos. I was hoping for something maybe a little better for Red Hawks, but anything looks good compared to "Mulleteers" or whatever it is.

The logo for the Red Hawks identity is the most polished of these "prototypes", though I personally find the name a bit bland and I'm not a big fan of what Mr. Flynn has done with the wordmark.

I'd say that the Attack logo is the next best, but the wordmark's font is completely out of place given the identity package's colonial theme. Something a bit more traditional/"historic" would be more suitable.

I'd rank the Axemen next. I'd like to see the detailing on the hands more rounded to match the more fluid lines elsewhere in the logo. As it stand now, they're really boxy compared to everything else. The wordmark font isn't particularly well-matched here either. I'd suggest something akin to what minor-league baseball's New Hampshire Fisher Cats are using. Also, Flynn may be going for a hockey stick allusion, but having the lumberjack hold the axe like that looks foolish. Either make it a double-bladed axe or point the single blade down.

I don't mind the Frostbite name, and I'm liking the way the snowflakes are utilized, but the way the bear is positioned makes him appear "lumbering" rather than "aggressive".

The Spelunkers and Mulleteers logos appear to be afterthoughts. It's too bad, because while I'm not a huge fan of the Spelunkers name (strange, I usually love unique and regionally significant names), I really like the palette Flynn used.

Brian in Boston

WHy is the Axeman aiming the axe at himself?

He wants to kill himself cause the mulleteers name made it to the finals?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• 4 weeks later...
I hear the name will be.......

Frostbitesm.jpg

Ummmm! where have I seen a similar looking bear recently???

Would the NBA actually do something like that??? and certainly not in THESE colours???

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I hear the name will be.......

Frostbitesm.jpg

Ummmm! where have I seen a similar looking bear recently???

Would the NBA actually do something like that??? and certainly not in THESE colours???

Are you talking about the Grizzlies? If so, I gotta be honest- I see virtualy no similarities. They're both bears with blue in the scheme, but that's it.

Archived