Some NFL Uni ?s

hormone

I know some unis have been discontinued like the Giants red, but whatever happened to

1. Titans Navy jersey

2. Titans White pants

3. Falcons Black pants

4. Seahawks navy pants

5. Bill new blue pants (or are they like the Jax teal pants?)

Have they been discontinued? Just not worn? If they aren't worn, does RBK still produce them "just in case?"

Since the NFL has really only rules about which jersey you wear, can you mix/match? Say the Steelers want to go all white (current jersey, white fauxback pants)

I thought there was a rule that a throwback/alt has to be worn for 5 seasons. How did the Bears (throwback last year) Colts (blue helmet, white throwbacks) Seahawks (neon green) only last one year?

Just really wondering. Thanks

KISSwall09.jpg

Te Seahawks just wore their blue pants on MNF.

No those were the regular blue ones. i think the guys referring to the Navy Blue ones worn with the (awesome) Lime Green jerseys

they were also worn a couple of games with the lighter blue jerseys

Yes they have. I prefer the darker navy pants.

To my knowledge:

1. Titans Navy jersey --> Likely only brought out if team goes full navy, but haven't seen it in some time

2. Titans White pants --> Not sure if they retired it or not

3. Falcons Black pants --> Gone. Although I wish they wore the mono-black again.

4. Seahawks navy pants --> Gone I believe.

5. Bill new blue pants (or are they like the Jax teal pants?) --> Yes.

Go A's!

I know some unis have been discontinued like the Giants red, but whatever happened to

>>>>>

The Bills blue pants definitely exist, but word from 1 of the Bills 2 ass't equipment managers said that Russell Brandon (C.O.O.) told them in the summer that the team would not be wearing them this season. Supposedly it was Ralph Wilson's choice the way it was insinuated.

There's been much fan backlash about this very subject, most expect the blue away pants to be worn in 2012 but nothing has been confirmed. The white on white looks better since they started to wear the home (bluer) socks with that combo, the other socks were meant to go with the blue away pants which have been locked in an equipment room all season at One Bills Drive.

I'm one of the biggest proponents regarding the Bills in blue away pants (NO mono-blue). I've tried to keep an open mind on the all-white, but after attending the game down in San Diego last Sunday my wish to bring back the blue away pants is stronger than ever. From '73 - '83 they looked superb in them with the white helmet.

09000d5d824f858f_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d824f85a5_gallery_600.jpg

These ▼ socks below, that were worn earlier this season and in the opener at KC had to have been designed to be worn with blue pants ....

09000d5d8221f6ae_gallery_600.jpg

>>>>>

The Bills blue pants definitely exist, but word from 1 of the Bills 2 ass't equipment managers said that Russell Brandon (C.O.O.) told them in the summer that the team would not be wearing them this season. Supposedly it was Ralph Wilson's choice the way it was insinuated.

There's been much fan backlash about this very subject, most expect the blue away pants to be worn in 2012 but nothing has been confirmed. The white on white looks better since they started to wear the home (bluer) socks with that combo, the other socks were meant to go with the blue away pants which have been locked in an equipment room all season at One Bills Drive.

I'm one of the biggest proponents regarding the Bills in blue away pants (NO mono-blue). I've tried to keep an open mind on the all-white, but after attending the game down in San Diego last Sunday my wish to bring back the blue away pants is stronger than ever. From '73 - '83 they looked superb in them with the white helmet.

I would like to see the blue pants with the white jersey, but I am fine going without. The Bills will eventually wear the blue pants on the road, but deep down inside I think we all know that the first time those pants appear will be as part of a mono-blue for a nationally televised home game so the players can feel tougher or whatever nonsense excuse they use.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Titan's white pants now only seem to be worn with the navy alts with the away jerseys. I don't think that they have worn all navy in a while.

First off, the Titans haven't worn the navy jerseys in a few years (I believe since 2008). Secondly, other than maybe wearing white on white, they haven't worn the white pants since Vince Young's rookie season. When the navy was worn, it was either mono-navy or navy over columbia.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Titan's white pants now only seem to be worn with the navy alts with the away jerseys. I don't think that they have worn all navy in a while.

>>>>

They haven't worn navy all season, let alone all-navy. They've only worn 2 combo's in 2011 ... lt blue on dk blue pants at home, and white with lt blue pants on the road. A bit odd considering they used to change it up every week in prior seasons, they were kinda like the Oregon of the NFL, we all wondered what combo they'd be wearing each week ....

If any teams needs a new direction in uniforms, it's them. Their mono light blue didn't look very good IMO. I liked their navy with white ... it had just enough light blue without overkill.

314673085_c44c6eb13c_crop_340x234.jpg

E_George_000130_jpg_gallery_600.jpg

>>>>

They haven't worn navy all season, let alone all-navy. They've only worn 2 combo's in 2011 ... lt blue on dk blue pants at home, and white with lt blue pants on the road. A bit odd considering they used to change it up every week in prior seasons, they were kinda like the Oregon of the NFL, we all wondered what combo they'd be wearing each week ....

If any teams needs a new direction in uniforms, it's them. Their mono light blue didn't look very good IMO. I liked their navy with white ... it had just enough light blue without overkill.

314673085_c44c6eb13c_crop_340x234.jpg

E_George_000130_jpg_gallery_600.jpg

Yeah, at first I hated the navy, but looking back, it's a pretty neat look. I actually wanted Nike to do something with the Titans but I haven't heard anything about that. Plus, as long as Bud Adams is owner, I don't see anything changing.

spacer.png

The Falcons ditched the black pants in the same season they added the throwback uniform (2009). This was because they ditched the black uniform all together. Not sure why, though. I miss the black britches for road games.

I was always wondering about the Falcons pants. The thing that bothers me is that on their home reds, they got the little red on the side pants with red socks. Yet on the white away unis, they got the little black on the side with the black socks YET they have red numbers. I always thought that was a left over from the blacks when they were the main ones. That was always a mix match for me.

Archived