College Football Jerseys

ltjets21

I know that for smaller schools, especially at the DII and DIII levels, jerseys are re-used for multiple seasons, because new sets are a major expense. I'd venture that schools who don't put names on the back almost certainly reuse jerseys, and many with names remove and replace nameplates each season

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Most schools top to bottom frame the Seniors jerseys and give them to them at banquets.

But for a team like Boise St or oregon do they just give them one or all their jerseys?

No, but they might give them the option of buying them. This issue came up after Michigan wore its throwbacks against Notre Dame this year. The players loved them and asked if they could keep them. The AD had to get approval from the NCAA since they would be considered a gift or something like that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I believe players are given an opportunity to buy their uniforms at retail value (60 bucks). I remember reading about this after last year's national championship. Players for the Ducks were given the opportunity.

I believe players are given an opportunity to buy their uniforms at retail value (60 bucks). I remember reading about this after last year's national championship. Players for the Ducks were given the opportunity.

If you go to a bowl game you get to keep your gamer...some schools get new jerseys for the game others just sew the patches on the current season's gear.

there are also a handful of websites that sell game used college jerseys which is one way some smaller schools can recoup costs...they'll also do auctions to boosters to raise cash...they take the nameplates off but I remember seeing colorado and miami nike game jerseys from the late 90's several years ago.

I also remember seeing several years ago some gridiron football club in europe got their hands on mississippi state's 1st generation nike jerseys and had sewn a huge patch over the "miss. state" on the front but they left the interlocking "msu" on the sleeves.

if your name is terelle pryor you get as many jerseys,, cleats, and helmets as you need to support your tattoo, sports car, and pot smoking habits.

Most schools top to bottom frame the Seniors jerseys and give them to them at banquets.

But for a team like Boise St or oregon do they just give them one or all their jerseys?

No, but they might give them the option of buying them. This issue came up after Michigan wore its throwbacks against Notre Dame this year. The players loved them and asked if they could keep them. The AD had to get approval from the NCAA since they would be considered a gift or something like that.

As seen with A.J. Green at Georgia last year, items like the jersey are considered university property and not personal property.

Jerseys are sold by the school all the time, like when Nebraska did it after the 2010 Texas game. Schools also have sales in the off season too. I've been to ones at Fresno State, SJSU, and SMU.

Lastly, if a player buys (or just takes) his jersey, it probably will end up here, collegejersey.com. That's where I got my Miami Hurricanes jersey in 2002.

I can't speak for other schools but with my experiences with Virginia Tech they have surplus auctions which they sell all their excess gear both new and used. My 2003 game worn football jersey came from here. I was just at the latest auction last Saturday and they had 15, both home and road of the current throwback design for sale. They went anywhere from $75 to $110 each. They also had new in the package boxes of Nike dri-fit VT shirts that were extras. I bought a box of 18 with 4 different designs for $40. I kept 10 for myself and the rest are going to be Christmas gifts. Check your schools website for surplus supply and see if they have auctions. VT's is once a month and they have a list of what is available about a week before the auction date.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

I can't speak for other schools but with my experiences with Virginia Tech they have surplus auctions which they sell all their excess gear both new and used. My 2003 game worn football jersey came from here. I was just at the latest auction last Saturday and they had 15, both home and road of the current throwback design for sale. They went anywhere from $75 to $110 each. They also had new in the package boxes of Nike dri-fit VT shirts that were extras. I bought a box of 18 with 4 different designs for $40. I kept 10 for myself and the rest are going to be Christmas gifts. Check your schools website for surplus supply and see if they have auctions. VT's is once a month and they have a list of what is available about a week before the auction date.

I have two game-used Wisconsin jerseys I bought for about $40 each that way. There are no NOB (which would probably be illegal). I think after a certain amount of wear, they do this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I have two game-used Wisconsin jerseys I bought for about $40 each that way. There are no NOB (which would probably be illegal). I think after a certain amount of wear, they do this.

Both of mine had names on the back, but every auction since they haven't. I paid $20 each for mine and got lucky because there is one douche that buys them all and then resells on e-bay and he for some reason wasn't around when the two I bought came up. Only reason why I called him a douche was he blew a gasket when he found out what I paid for them. Not to go off topic but I also have bought complete marching band uniforms from these auctions as well. $2.50 for each one.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

TCU would normally order 2-3 of each jersey in each color and then reuse them for a couple of seasons if they were in good condition. Graduating seniors get a framed jersey and I believe either another one of their jerseys or their helmet. Anything else must be paid for.

TCU has had 11 uniforms tops, 10 pants and 4 helmets (not counting sticker changes for the Rose Bowl and second half of 2011 season) over the past 3 seasons. Not sure what they have done the past after 2 seasons since their have been many uniforms not used very much.

Similar to what others have said, Illinois sells game jerseys, also. They have a stadium sale in early December (and maybe another in May) in which they sell jerseys along with cleats and t-shirts. I went in 2003 and got a pair of brand new Nike cleats for $20. Still waiting to use them, though. I got two game used jerseys for around $50 each. They didn't, however, have any game helmets, which is what I really wanted. I heard they have a pre-sale for boosters and players in which the helmets are gobbled up.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

if your name is terelle pryor you get as many jerseys,, cleats, and helmets as you need to support your tattoo, sports car, and pot smoking habits.

Yeah, yeah. There were also 2008 gamers of his (and the whole team) that OSU sold through their official website at $300 a pop.

#2 obviously went quick, but I got a #6 road for $150 during a 50% off sale.

The lineman cut sz. 56 jerseys were still available this past spring.

Texas sells game used uniforms and helmets at the store in teh stadium. TCU sells stuff once a year at a garage sale, but never helmets.

Yup, I took a college visit to UT last year and I saw those myself. Mack Brown and various other players/people autograph some of the helmets.

Here is a picture I took with my phone when I went in there:

59154_158082777540304_100000157491956_542986_4580588_n.jpg

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Texas sells game used uniforms and helmets at the store in teh stadium. TCU sells stuff once a year at a garage sale, but never helmets.

Yup, I took a college visit to UT last year and I saw those myself. Mack Brown and various other players/people autograph some of the helmets.

I would so buy one of those with a visor and wear it around my apartment feeling like a superhero.

I would so buy one of those with a visor and wear it around my apartment feeling like a superhero.

I have one with a visor. Never put it on though.

Archived