Classic / Keep it / Tweak it / Lose it (NFL edition)

29texan

I'd have preferred it if they had stayed with the Tennessee Oilers name. Really.

I can honestly say that not many people living in my area wanted the Titans to be named the Oilers. It caused a lot of fuss when they first moved here and kept the Oilers name. Thankfully Bud Adams realized that this team needed a name change and it has been great ever since. I personally feel that when any team relocates, a name change should be in order. Could you imagine if we had these names:

Baltimore Browns

Tennessee Oilers

Phoenix Jets

Colorado Nordiques

Carolina Whalers

Washington Expos

Minnesota Senators

Milwaukee Pilots

San Diego Braves or Los Angeles Braves

Winnipeg Thrashers

I would not want any of these teams to have kept their original name.

spacer.png

I'd have preferred it if they had stayed with the Tennessee Oilers name. Really.

I can honestly say that not many people living in my area wanted the Titans to be named the Oilers. It caused a lot of fuss when they first moved here and kept the Oilers name. Thankfully Bud Adams realized that this team needed a name change and it has been great ever since. I personally feel that when any team relocates, a name change should be in order. Could you imagine if we had these names:

Baltimore Browns

Tennessee Oilers

Phoenix Jets

Colorado Nordiques

Carolina Whalers

Washington Expos

Minnesota Senators

Milwaukee Pilots

Winnipeg Thrashers

Some of those aren't half bad though, I kinda like the Milwaukee Pilots.

niagaraq.png

Baltimore Browns

Tennessee Oilers

Phoenix Jets

Colorado Nordiques

Carolina Whalers

Washington Expos

Minnesota Senators

Milwaukee Pilots

Winnipeg Thrashers

Don't forget the Texas Senators!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Washington Expos sounds really good, actually.

Not really. DC has never hosted a World's Fair and the team was named after Expo '67.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Keep it:

1053.gif

Wow

I don't understand.

I don't understand either because that is a nice looking logo.

Maybe they miss the Oilers too much?

I don't think they should have kept the oilers name, but the one they got looks like a thumb tack. I think it would have been better to go with something similar to the shoulder logo on the helmet

I wish they'd drop the Tennessee and be the Nashville Titans. They aren't Tennessee's team. They're Nashville's team.

Weren't alot of people from Memphis pssed that the team went to Nashville?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I wish they'd drop the Tennessee and be the Nashville Titans. They aren't Tennessee's team. They're Nashville's team.

I like when teams represent their whole state, but only when they are the only team. It's beyond ridiculous that we have the Houston Astros and the Texas Rangers. Thankfully the Marlins wised up.

I like when teams represent their whole state, but only when they are the only team. It's beyond ridiculous that we have the Houston Astros and the Texas Rangers. Thankfully the Marlins wised up.

They're the 'Texas' Rangers for a reason...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

They're the 'Texas' Rangers for a reason...

Yeah, I give the Texas Rangers and Florida Panthers a pass. The California Angels, however? That name was ridiculous.

Tennessee Titans, makes more sense then Tennessee Oilers did don't get me wrong I miss the Oilers nickname also but it's like vinyl, personal size cars and game boys each at one time were the cream of the crop. But now like the oilers just a nice memento in the history book.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived