NBC Sports Network

DeFrank

Just began watching the NBC Sports Network today. Gotta say, I'm really enjoying this NBC Sports Talk. Not huge on hockey, but I like their whole "High Def Awesome" NHL coverage. The fact that it's sitting on the background on my TV already says I'll be watching it quite a bit.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

What other programing are they going to have besides hockey?

Don't worry. It's just because of 2 main things it's hockey today.

1. This network is the product of an agreement between the NHL and Comcast/Spectacor

2. Fresh off the Winter Classic and you have people's attention. Good way to catch people's attention.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I know they're having an MLS match of the week, plus I would imagine their college football and basketball contracts with the Pac-12 and Mountain West will continue.

Also, don't forget that we're in an Olympics year. NBC finally having a dedicated cable sports outlet probably means loads of live coverage of the lower-tier events, along with the trials leading up to the games. So if you want to watch something other than tape-delayed gymnastics interspersed with Compelling Backstories Through A Soft-Focus Lens, you'll probably find yourself on NBCSN for a good chunk of the Games.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know they're having an MLS match of the week, plus I would imagine their college football and basketball contracts with the Pac-12 and Mountain West will continue.

Also, don't forget that we're in an Olympics year. NBC finally having a dedicated cable sports outlet probably means loads of live coverage of the lower-tier events, along with the trials leading up to the games. So if you want to watch something other than tape-delayed gymnastics interspersed with Compelling Backstories Through A Soft-Focus Lens, you'll probably find yourself on NBCSN for a good chunk of the Games.

The Pac-12 is will not have football/basketball sub-licensed to Versus/NBCSports because they are starting their own network(s) this year. Currently, there are no basketball games scheduled there this season. The only current contract they have for a conference is The Ivy League. ESPN and FOX worked together to gain a 12 year deal with the Pac-12 and keep programming away from NBCSports.

In reality, look for Comcast, through xfinity, to move ESPN into the premium tier range along side HBO/Showtime since it already is the priciest basic cable channel by fourfold.

In reality, look for Comcast, through xfinity, to move ESPN into the premium tire range along side HBO/Showtime since it already is the priciest basic cable channel by fourfold.

KHE_Premium_Tire.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It may be spelled correctly now, but that doesn't make your idea any less farfetched.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh, dfwabel, you've done it again!

I'm beginning to understand your heated rivalry with Tank. You know, if you guys want tomatoes, you can just buy them, and they're in much better condition that way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

NBC really has two dedicated sports networks, with Universal Sports being around. Universal Sports just moved-off of over-the-air digital TV to exclusive cable/satellite carriage over the weekend, but so far the national provider carrying it is DirecTV. They had cable carriage via the agreements through the NBC O&Os and affiliates (including a few stations outside of NBC, such as the CW affiliate in Houston).

Archived