NHL 2012-13

Point1

Carolina Hurricanes:

Thoguth I'd try something new here. The Hurricanes have a sharp Red/White/Black set, but they've had the same look for 15 years and it's starting to look a bit outdated. Inspired by the 2011 all-star jerseys I decided to use double red. No other NHL team has this combination, so I thought the Hurricanes were a good place to start.

HurricanesJersey.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is nice and clean but unfortunately is kind of bland. The Canes use a hem pattern that no other team in the NHL could use, it's literally unique. I know you were trying to get past those jerseys and you certainly did that, these are really nice, but it definitely detracts from their identity.

It's just not the Hurricanes with black. Ditch the silver; it's (pretty much) only ever used as a side to black (See: LA Kings, TB Lightning, TO Black Jays, etc...). If you're gonna ditch the black, ditch the silver as well. My suggestion would be to replace the silver with black.

And I'm not so much saying this in reply to what you said, but I hate when people say a look is "dated". Their identity has been virtually unchanged since day 1 and there's no need to change for the sake of changing. I'd understand if it was teal and purple with a smiling, cartoony hurricane, but if I didn't know hockey, I'd think this look is pretty new. Don't take this into consideration for your concept, though; it's my personal opinion in general more than anything.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The updates are a little on the safe side. I figured if the Canes were to polish their look it'd be Red and Silver so as too distinguish themselves from all the other red teams. I like the direction your first concepts were headed in

Midway.png

Chicago Blackhawks:

Yeah, their jerseys are amazing, so I just did minimal edits. I gave the head a gold outline like in the 80s and 90s, and I made a third jersey. I know we all hate vintage white, but I think that that colour combination is great.

BlackhawksJersey-2.png

Colorado Avalanche:

This was mostly about fixing what Reebok screwed up. The mountain stripes are back, just with navy filling in for black. The third jersey is based on the old one, with some major edits.

AvalancheJerseys-2.png

Well, since it is a mortal sin to make significant changes to the Hawks' uniforms, I'd say you did a pretty good job.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If the Hawks must have an alt, it should be just like the home but the black and red are inverted. Besides that minor complaint, the minimal changes you made look good. The current set looks perfect to me though.

Midway.png

With a few exceptions, vintage white only looks good next to black, so I'm really digging that alt. On the road, I'd add a white outline between the red and black (on the numbers) to stop the colour bleeding.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while, but here.

Columbus Blue Jackets

No double blue here, just a new template. The third is based off the current home, but I wanted more patriotic-looking stripes on the home and aways.

BlueJacketsJerseys.png

Dallas Stars

I love the old Stars jerseys, but in an effort to lower the number of teams using black I decided to switch it out for a deeper green.

StarsJersey-2.png

C&C

Columbus: If you're only going to change the striping, don't make an alt. Try making/using another logo.

Dallas: I actually really like the 2-tone green. Good work.

• 3 weeks later...

Detroit Red Wings

Classic jerseys, added the 2009 Winter Classic Jersey as an alt. Didn't want to add in any superfluous colours unnecessarily.

RedWingsJersey.png

Edmonton Oilers

I loved the 90s-00s navy/copper jerseys, and a lot of that was based on the effect that the red-trimmed copper had. I simplified it with just a deep orange. The alt is a retro jersey, because as much as I dislike the away retro jersey they have now, the home is beautiful.

OilersJerseys-1.png

Archived