NHL 2012-13

Point1

The Oilers looked way better in their pre Edge set with the blue & copper--so I do like this Oilers set--I'm not crazy for the retro look--it's garish even for the 70's when it came into being.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd widen the star on the Stars' jerseys a bit. The fact that the tips of the star almost touch the number bothers me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

Florida Panthers:

Red needs to be the primary colour of this team, but the template recolour they chose isn't the answer. This is an update of the 90s jerseys.

PanthersJerseys-1.png

Minnesota Wild:

Similar kind of thing. The Wild got it so right with their original jerseys, except the font.

WildJerseys.png

• 1 month later...

Haven't done this for a while, but I had a burst of inspiration during game 7.

Ottawa Senators

I really don't like the Sen's home jerseys, but I think the white ones look pretty great. The red really pops on the white, like on the Caps aways. I wanted to update the template (which looks really crummy for something made in 2007) to make it more fluid, and black seemed like a good colour to use for the home.

SenatorsJerseys-1.png

I can see where you're coming from, but I didn't want to do a typical boring horizontal stripes Senators throwback like everyone else does. I think the fabric cape in the logo can be the basis for some cool design stuff.

As for gold in the jerseys, I had three reasons for not using it:

1.) Makes the gold in the logo pop

2.) That colour of gold really doesn't look good in striping.

3.) Gold clashes furiously with the red colour, and I didn't want to have to work around that.

More C&C would be great. :)

I love that logo, but the circular pattern really didn't go with the template I chose/created. As much as I dislike the 3D sen head in yellow, I think it looks really sharp in gold. I will update the Sens with a red third jersey though, using that logo. I think black works really well for the senators; all the most popular jerseys they've had have been black, and considering what I did to the Ducks, they would be one of only 3 black teams, as opposed to the mass of red.

Washington Capitals

Watching the Capitals in the playoffs, I've been able to kind of isolate what I like and dislike about their uniforms. I think the arm stripes are great, but the underarm navy and random waist stripes make them look like practice jerseys. The logo is also pretty weak. I decided to resurrect an old concept of mine, using the W-eagle and a unique striping pattern. The alt is an all red/white homage to the DC flag, which I think looks pretty sharp.

CapitalsJerseys-2.png

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. However, making a red jersey for the Sens is difficult, because the gold is the only thing keeping them from being the Devils or Blackhawks.

Any comments on the Caps jerseys? There just be something.

I like your Caps concept, but I also like their current set. I wouldn't call your concept an upgrade, but it wouldn't be a downgrade either.

Your third is very interesting. I don't think I've seen a red and white Caps concept before, but it looks very good.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I don't think the striping is working on that Sens jersey. It feels too modern for a team that was named after another team from the early twentieth century.

It does, however, work for the Capitals. I really like that set. That third jersey is a great concept that I would love to see the team use.

thecatch.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a completely new direction for the Senators jerseys, using a quasi-vintage homage to the old Senators, and the classy updated logo.

SenatorsJerseys2.png

So I love the template on the Sens jersey, so I decided to try it out with a new team: the Islanders. I used JackFr's logo (with his permission), which I think goes well with the jersey. The template kind of requires a dark primary colour, so the Islanders were an ideal fit.

IslandersJerseys-1.png

Archived