NHL 2012-13

Point1

I've been working on this project on and off for a couple months now. Keep in mind that I have far more planned than just basic templates and bucket filling. 12-13 is the 20th anniversary of Turn Back the Clock, and I hope you'll enjoy what I'm going to do with it.

A major focus of the product is to make the jerseys in the NHL:

a.) less ugly (Florida, Winnipeg, Anaheim)

b.) less bland (Dallas, Phoenix, Tampa)

Each team in the league gets their own coloured NHL crest, to be used on apparel and team graphics. This graphic also gives previews to the colour changes and edits I'm planning.

TEams.png

The first team is the Anaheim Ducks, returning to Eggplant and Jade after too many years in a boring (and stolen from the Penguins) black scheme. The Mighty Ducks logo is still one of the most recognizable in hockey among non-fans, and that mark, with a couple line-thickenings and modernizations, replaces the wordmark. Like most people who have created Ducks concepts I considered putting the webbed "D" in jade and eggplant, but I've never seen it work. Making the orange more prominent was an idea I had, but orange and black really do belong to the Flyers in my opinion, and gold REALLY clashes with orange.

Anaheim Ducks:

DucksJerseys.png

Please comment and criticize, there's no promising I'll continue this series if it gets pushed down to page 3 for logo mashups or recolours.

I'll post Boston tomorrow.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always wished the NHL would take a page from the MLB and recolour the shield based on the teams' colours.

Anyways, this is good, but just 4 things:

- The logo is too high on the chest

- The TV numbers shown on the front view of the jersey are eggplant with a green outline as opposed to eggplant-white-green like the others

- The sticks are too dull. I suggest you make them brown because is makes the logo look too boring

- On the home, make the collar green

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like that Ducks concept, but there are a few mistakes with the TV numbers, on both jerseys the front is coloured differently than the back, and the number on the right side is backwards.

I hope you do continue to do the whole NHL, it's always interesting to see what other people think the NHL should look like.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

The way the arm stripes end on the underside kind of bugs me, I don't know if that was intentional. Other than that a few tweaks already mentioned above might finish this set. It looks good!

The shields idea is pretty cool, I like the potential here and do hope you go through with this project :D

Midway.png

You need to flip the colors on the backs of the jerseys. If the pattern rises to the right of the front of the jersey, it should rise to the left of the back.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thanks for the input. I'll edit the jerseys tonight keeping those in mind.

Boston Bruins:

The Bruins, being one of 24 teams in the NHL in 1992-93, gave me a perfect chance to begin the reinstatement on "Turn Back the Clock Night", a night in which 12 games are held, all between teams that have existed in some form since 1992. The Bruins will play the Maple Leafs in Boston.

For the jerseys, I didn't change much. The Bruins already have the best jerseys in the league, and I'm opposed to some common change ideas (switching yellow for black on the aways). However, I did fix my major issue with the uniforms, which is the numbers on the white. The white stripe between the yellow and black really makes it invisible, so I decided to go B/Y/B instead.

BruinsJerseys.png

As much as I've grown to like the Ducks current colours, you have my full support for making them look Mighty again :D

Aside from fixing the errors, the only changes I'd make would be to make the collar on the home jersey green, and have the sleeve stripes going the other way, up towards the shoulder rather than the armpits. Though as a fan, that's more of a personal preference than anything else :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Nice work Point.

The classic Duck-mask logo should be the only logo that the Ducks use.

The webfoot "D" is an o.k. shoulder patch at best. I do like their new colours better though, and would love to see exactly what you've done here in those new colours.

I remember playing beer league when the Ducks first appeared, and seeing some of the scruffy old guys wearing the grape n' green. They looked ridiculous.

Good call on the Boston numbers.

Awesome work on the Ducks. They're look has never quite grown on me. I was hoping they'd change the black to a dark green and eliminate/minimize the use of gold, but neither has happened. I would love to see them go back to a more conservative version of their original look, such as your concept here.

Although the Bruins have one of my favorite looks in the league (coming from a Habs fan), these tweaks are beautiful and an Orr-era alternate would be sweet.

Keep em comin.

sig.png

Buffalo Sabres

They're so close right now to having a beautiful set, and I'm (somewhat) a proponent of their silver additions, but the white jersey has just so much wrong with it. The logo is updated, based on the old third jersey logo, but simplified.

sabresjerseys-2.png

C&C

This is fantastic! My only suggestion would be to make the collars gold and to make the home striping go Y-W-Y instead of Y-Y-Y. On a side note, the buffalo's horns seem to be a different shade of blue. Was that intentional?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Great series! Here' my C&C:

Ducks- Looks great. On the two sweaters that you posted, I have no complaints. But as a guy who likes teams to have a lot of options and utilize all colors in their scheme, I would love to see a teal alternate as well. But great work on them.

Bruins- Everything looks fine. However, I'd love to see the Bruins have a yellow jersey and I'd love for them to utilize the throwback logo. Possible solution? Try the old logo on a yellow alternate jersey. (Or the current logo, I was just trying to get creative.)

Sabres- Number font is a little odd to me, but other than that it is perfect. Nice job.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Even as a proponent of the Sabres red and black years I have to say that this concept is spectacular! Theres no need for the Sabres to dress in Navy Blue with silver highlights and your logo is far better update than what they settled on.

Calgary Flames

Calgary's current look is cluttered and messy. First and foremost I wanted to clean it up, and then I moved onto changing it more. I was conflicted between the 80s jerseys and the pre-edge jerseys (of which I own one), and I decided that the simple three-colour look won out. A design based on the Stanley Cup winning 89 teams' jersey makes up the home and away, but with some changes: I removed the separation between the gold and white on the red and got rid of the yoke and outer red stripe on the whites. Because I love it so much I decided to bring back the pre-edge home jersey as a third.

The red is the same shade as now, but the gold is far more orange-gold than the present yellow.

FlamesJerseys-3.png

This is great work! All of these would be improvments! Keep up the good work.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Archived