Dallas Stars Logo - Update 3 Now with Alt Logos

Jared222

I was browsing some logos on here as I am sure everyone does and came across this old North Stars logo I had never seen before, I feel like I should have seen it but for some reason hadnt I guess and I loved its simplicity and it looked like a logo that would fit in todays NHL branding. So it got me to thinking about the Dallas Stars and if there was anyway I could make a logo for them in sort of the same style. Here is what I cam up with. C&C is welcome , I am not a logo designer by trade really just something I play around with from time to time so be gentle.

Logo Progression

LogoProgression.jpg

Latest updated logo

FinalDLogo.jpg

Alt Logo Ideas

DallasAlts.jpg

This is a great idea, but it reminds me of the Mariners logo. Perhaps a "D" would work better? Also, switch the metallic gold with the yellow. Light green belongs with yellow, and dark green with metallic gold. I love the wordmark BTW.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That looks fantastic, although I would throw away all the black in the logo, and replace it with athletic gold (or replace the metallic gold with athletic gold, and use the metallic in place of the black).

I didnt have black in it originally so I may try to swap it out again and play with the green/gold colours

This is a great idea, but it reminds me of the Mariners logo. Perhaps a "D" would work better? Also, switch the metallic gold with the yellow. Light green belongs with yellow, and dark green with metallic gold. I love the wordmark BTW.

It actually started as a D instead of an S , but I couldnt find the right D to work with the star. I will give it another shot though and see what I can come up with

I think if you turned the Black into green, then made the inner stroke gold/yellow you'd have a huge winner here.

I will give that a try

Ditching the black would definitely help, but I'm not entirely sure that would make this primary logo material.

It'd look great as a shoulder patch though.

I sort of agree with you after comparing it up against the current NHL primary logos , but I think there is a workable primary in there somewhere.

The color changes really made a big difference (for the better). However, the script is a bit too thin, especially when compared to the S in the primary logo.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Call me crazy but I think the first logo you did with the black and metallic gold was infinitely better then the updated one. There isn't enough contrast between the kelly green and athletic gold. Then theres the fact that the stars have never used athletic gold in their 18 year history with a cup behind it.

The first logo set would work so well, a perfect nod to the 1993/94 set which in my opinion was the best look in Stars history.

I really like the second logo, but I think outlining the star in black rather than green will really make it pop against the S. (I'm of the opinion that the Stars should use some black, but it shouldn't be their primary color.) Also, I would change the S to a D. That's just a personal preference. The S with the star seems a little redundant in my eyes. Looks great so far!

There's no real reason for using the 'S'. There's a star on the logo already, so the 'S' is making me think it represents the city.

As others stated, looks like a good Seattle logo.

The 'N' in the old Minnesota logo worked because it helped spell out NORTH STARS. Is the team now called the South Stars? This logo leads is to believe so. Love the color scheme and the star part of the logo, but that 'S' needs removed or made a 'D'.

87Redskins.png

Again thanks everyone for all the C&C I am glad it has been all pretty positive.

I have made a second round of changes as per some of the ideas in the replies the biggest being use a D instead of an S so I made a couple with a D but couldnt decide which was better so I am posting both and I also did one using the old colour scheme of the stars now or at least close to it.

A.dallasstars8a.jpg

B.dallasstars9.jpg

C.dallasstars10.jpg

The fist update is great, but it does scream Mariners. I'm not a fan of the "D" or the duller colour scheme, but option "C" looks magnificent.

I agree it looks very Seattle / Saskatchewan esq with an S , so it leaves me with the D or maybe I try Stars instead of one letter

Archived