Super Bowl Patch

coggs

They are indeed, unfortunately. New NFL policy to 'standardise' the Super Bowl logos into a template. Infuriatingly they went with a boring, soulless template that doesn't even look that good.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I have mixed feelings on this, because I always felt like having a totally different logo every year (usually with vivid colors that totally clashed with the teams involved) was not the best way to go. Every other sport has somewhat of a standardized look (except MLB, which uses a similar logo for a few years consecutively), and I don't totally hate the new SB template. The silver/chrome looks good on everyone, and it features the iconic trophy prominently, something the old logos completely failed to do.

I think the best marriage would be a template like the current one, but with some flourishes of the venue it's being played in (i.e. purple/gold confetti for NO, a palm tree for Miami, cactus for AZ etc.) similar to some of the Bowl game logos.

I have mixed feelings on this, because I always felt like having a totally different logo every year (usually with vivid colors that totally clashed with the teams involved) was not the best way to go. Every other sport has somewhat of a standardized look (except MLB, which uses a similar logo for a few years consecutively), and I don't totally hate the new SB template. The silver/chrome looks good on everyone, and it features the iconic trophy prominently, something the old logos completely failed to do.

I think the best marriage would be a template like the current one, but with some flourishes of the venue it's being played in (i.e. purple/gold confetti for NO, a palm tree for Miami, cactus for AZ etc.) similar to some of the Bowl game logos.

Like the Gray Cup logos?

BTW, your avatar makes me laugh everytime. Awesome.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Like the Gray Cup logos?

BTW, your avatar makes me laugh everytime. Awesome.

Wow yeah, exactly like those, they look sharp. I'd never seen those before.

And thanks for the Sergio love!

I am positive it is NOT an embroidered patch but rather a vinyl patch in the closeup photos I have seen of the Packers jerseys.

I also collect patches and have piles for trade and sale and I would bet the farm I am correct.

Murf Denny

I am positive it is NOT an embroidered patch but rather a vinyl patch in the closeup photos I have seen of the Packers jerseys.

I also collect patches and have piles for trade and sale and I would bet the farm I am correct.

Murf Denny

http://www.packers.com/media-center/photo-gallery/Super-Bowl-XLV-Jerseys-Prepared/643ac611-47ee-4c7a-a382-c138a08c605c

superbowl-XLV-patches-8--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

spacer.png

spacer.png

Murf Denny

Hmmm...so it was this then:

SuperBowl45_GRN1a_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

Strange, since the NFL went out of their way to produce multiple variations of these logos to be used for embroidery...

I know it's not fashionable but I like the new patches. I wouldn't mind a localised logo on the field so much, but I always thought the old style logos looked cheesy and cheap on the jerseys.

I think the patches look nice on the uniform, but as a standalone logo they suck. I also did kind of like the "cheesy" localized logos on the uniforms.

spacer.png

I remember the games by the logos. The numbers are just kinda generic so the logos are what differentiate, say, XXXI from XLI.

Now these generic logos just make everything bleed together. It's so... ugh.

I know it's not fashionable but I like the new patches. I wouldn't mind a localised logo on the field so much, but I always thought the old style logos looked cheesy and cheap on the jerseys.

Agreed. I've always liked how the NBA Finals patch is just a stylized O'Brien trophy. That's what I was hoping the NFL would do when they went to these standardized logos.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Agreed. I've always liked how the NBA Finals patch is just a stylized O'Brien trophy. That's what I was hoping the NFL would do when they went to these standardized logos.

I think if they must go with these stupid logos, they do need to just put the Lombardi Trophy on there. It would look so much cleaner and not so busy!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived