College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

I cant tell if that Ole Miss helmet is matte gray or blue. If its blue its a nice change of pace and if its gray then it is probably for the gray alts. The royal blue will probably be used for a throwback game back to the Archie Manning days

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually surprised nothing has been announced yet for the spring game. It's possible for the first time in 2 years we won't be wearing special uniforms to honor the armed services.

Last year pics started to leak around this time and it was at least announced special uniforms would be worn and handed to members of the armed services after the game.

This spring game will still honor the armed forces. Military flyover. Not sure about any other details yet.

Yeah I think its a good move. The circle SEC logo is simple but still nice. I like it even better because it is going to be team specific colors. Mountain West logo looks awful on uniforms because the purple/gray color scheme looks bad on say Boise State or Wyoming uniforms for example

To answer a question that was asked a few pages back the SEC is going away from the pennant patch on uniforms and moving to the circle SEC logo according to South Carolina's equipment twitter account

https://twitter.com/#!/GamecockEquip

I'm pretty surprised, I had asked someone at the conference about it and they had said the pennants were still the preference. But since the conference sends the patches to the schools, that's obviously not going to be the case.

I cant tell if that Ole Miss helmet is matte gray or blue. If its blue its a nice change of pace and if its gray then it is probably for the gray alts. The royal blue will probably be used for a throwback game back to the Archie Manning days

I'm interested to see the light blue/royal helmets again, if only for nostalgia's sake. It's more of a post-Archie look, as I believe Archie played with the mascot logo on the helmet.

I just remember the 80s and 90s and Ole Miss with the light blue. It might be a tribute of some sort to Chucky Mullins.

Not sure about the matte gray helmet, as Ole Miss has been trying to get away from the Confederacy ties, yet a gray helmet and the name "Rebels" does just that.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The SEC logo looks nice but I think it's dumb for a conference the caliber of the SEC to have to put its patch on jerseys. I have always liked that the Big Ten doesn't force a conference patch on its members.

If the SEC had as bad of a logo like the BIG 10 they wouldn't force the teams to wear it either

The SEC logo looks nice but I think it's dumb for a conference the caliber of the SEC to have to put its patch on jerseys. I have always liked that the Big Ten doesn't force a conference patch on its members.

If the SEC had as bad of a logo like the BIG 10 they wouldn't force the teams to wear it either

The Big Ten "B1G" logo isn't bad. The SEC logo just adds visual clutter. Leave conference patches to leagues that no one has heard of. The big boy conferences like the Big Ten and SEC shouldn't need them.

The Big Ten "B1G" logo isn't bad. The SEC logo just adds visual clutter. Leave conference patches to leagues that no one has heard of. The big boy conferences like the Big Ten and SEC shouldn't need them.

I can see where your coming from but with all the recent conference realignment sometimes its hard to remember who goes where.

Disagree. It's good branding, especially with the current instability and the formation and development of conference television networks.

I think Adidas's best course of action would be to build their uniform design on the classic styling they used for the Michigan, Notre Dame, and UCLA special uniforms last season. As far as I know, despite the fact that they were simple and classic uniforms they were praised almost universally by the fan-bases and college football fans as a whole. You can still be innovative without stooping to gaudy modern trends, especially when your execution of modern design is inferior to your main competitor.

Archived