College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Old Dominion going Gray and Camo for the nearby Naval Station Norfolk

Camo-Old-Dominion-Football-Jersey-1.jpg

Those numbers look horrible. I understand the camo theme, and the purpose, but it looks as if they barely attempted to match anything...

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody else feel like Nike has two totally different groups working on the college stuff and NFL stuff. I know it's just a teaser but this mizzou uni looks much better than the Seahawks unis. Seems like the high profile programs receive really nice work from Nike most of the time, while the NFL was kind of a let down. idk could just be me.

thats possible. they really havent done anything new since the 2010 pro combat series. i mean, as a uniform manufacturer they've been very hard at work, but from a design standpoint they keep repeating that past success. as long as its profitable, they probably have no interest in changing or pushing further. just ride the trends until they die.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is from Mississippi State's athletic site-

"For the Nov. 3 contest against Texas A&M, the first time ever the two teams will play at Mississippi State, the Bulldogs will wear special white uniforms to commemorate the last meeting between the two Land Grant institutions. In December 2000, Mississippi State won a 43-41 overtime battle in what became widely known as the "Snow Bowl," and head coach Jackie Sherrill and members of the 2000 team will be recognized at the game."

Sounds interesting. I wonder if this means a white helmet?

-black numbers on black jersey

Why? What an incredibly bad idea. Numbers that are the same color as the jersey almost never look good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Alright...I think Missouri is going to have 2 black helmets now because the blurry screenshot with the yellow jersey clearly has a large non-oval tiger. Unless that helmet in the screenshot I'm talking about is a dark grey...

LINK to screenshot. See look how much larger this logo looks than the one on the helmet posted above

Here's the white version of Mizzou's new football uniform.

user15936_6.jpg

I don't like contrast shoulders, but otherwise not bad.

Holy crap, Mizzou is getting design ideas from Toledo.

Military-Bowl-Football-UT-trophy.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here's the white version of Mizzou's new football uniform.

user15936_6.jpg

I don't like contrast shoulders, but otherwise not bad.

Holy crap, Mizzou is getting design ideas from Toledo.

Military-Bowl-Football-UT-trophy.jpg

The font reminded me more of West Virginia than anything. To me, this is going to be a really cool modern look. The tiger striping on the cuffs is a nice touch as well.

spacer.png

I'll be stunned if that SEC circle is on the actual jerseys instead of the standard flag patch.

I wouldn't. Seems to me like conference are moving to their own conference logos as patches instead of the standardized NCAA pennant. The SEC is all about branding itself. This would be another step and a logical time to make the switch.

I've worked at an SEC school for 11 years and know a lot of people in the conference office. I'd be stunned.

I honestly love it!

unc.png

There are no words to describe how bad those look.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I honestly love it!

unc.png

I don't.

Willing to bet most of them are just 'prototypes'/recruit bait & won't get actual game time though

That's thankfully been the case in the last few years, but they have a new coach now (who used matte black helmets last year).

I honestly love it!

unc.png

I don't.

Willing to bet most of them are just 'prototypes'/recruit bait & won't get actual game time though

That's thankfully been the case in the last few years, but they have a new coach now (who used matte black helmets last year).

I like the back 3 and the one to the far right. The silver and matte black are awful. Wonder what matte navy or carolina blue would look like?

Archived