College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

I honestly love it!

unc.png

Is that helmet on the far right pewter? I really like the color, but not a huge fan of it for UNC.

:therock: Ah, the yearly UNC "OMGAH! BLACK / GREY / MATTE HELMETZ IN COACHERS OFFICE!" Image surfaces in 2.0.

It's funny, i'm a mostly modern guy, but anything other than what Carolina has now, it's a mistake. Take away the gaudy Navy alt, and call it a day, none of this black and pewter mess. /Homerism

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly love it!

unc.png

Is that helmet on the far right pewter? I really like the color, but not a huge fan of it for UNC.

:therock: Ah, the yearly UNC "OMGAH! BLACK / GREY / MATTE HELMETZ IN COACHERS OFFICE!" Image surfaces in 2.0.

It's funny, i'm a mostly modern guy, but anything other than what Carolina has now, it's a mistake. Take away the gaudy Navy alt, and call it a day, none of this black and pewter mess. /Homerism

Between our new athletic director and new head coach, I think the chances of actually seeing some of these on game day are pretty good.

As for the helmets themselves, the silver is actually my favorite of this bunch of alternates. The matte black is putrid. The others are okay. None of these can touch the metallic white helmet with navy facemask that leaked last year, though.

Oregon's Spring Game Gloves:

OregonSpringGameGloves.jpg

You sure those werent last years

yup pretty sure since the video was released this week

So, does that make the sweatshirt new, too?

The gloves are from the 2011 spring game: http://www.nikeblog.com/2011/12/20/support-our-troops-oregon-ducks-spring-game-gloves/

Except the fact that he says that these are the gloves they are wearing in this years spring game...

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

The gloves are from the 2011 spring game: http://www.nikeblog.com/2011/12/20/support-our-troops-oregon-ducks-spring-game-gloves/

Except the fact that he says that these are the gloves they are wearing in this years spring game...

He sounds like a moron. They gloves were made for (and worn in) the 2011 spring game. Do you really want to keep debating this?

edit: I never thought it could be this easy. The gloves actually have the date on them:

Support-the-Troops-Oregon-Spring-Game-Gloves-1-150x150.jpgSupport-the-Troops-Oregon-Spring-Game-Gloves-4-150x150.jpg

3) Nike started doing grey uniforms, so adidas won't be far behind

Yeah, we've already seen them following the leader with those crazy basketball uniforms so it's only a matter of time before they really start aping Nike in football.

Oh no, they've done it in football already. Logos on glove palms, special sock designs, etc...

Well, adidas was the first to do the gloves in color, and Nike never did all-neon basketball uniforms before adidas did it. Neon trim, maybe, but the neon uniform and the tiger-camo pattern wasn't an example of adidas aping Nike.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The gloves are from the 2011 spring game: http://www.nikeblog....ng-game-gloves/

He sounds like a moron. They gloves were made for (and worn in) the 2011 spring game. Do you really want to keep debating this?

edit: I never thought it could be this easy. The gloves actually have the date on them:

Support-the-Troops-Oregon-Spring-Game-Gloves-1-150x150.jpgSupport-the-Troops-Oregon-Spring-Game-Gloves-4-150x150.jpg

What if, now stick with me on this, they are used them last year AND this year!?shocked.gif

The gloves are from the 2011 spring game: http://www.nikeblog....ng-game-gloves/

What if, now stick with me on this, they are used them last year AND this year!?shocked.gif

Then they wouldn't be Oregon.

You really think they would wear gloves in the 2012 spring game with the date of the 2011 spring game on them?

You really think they would wear gloves in the 2012 spring game with the date of the 2011 spring game on them?

no they would have a different tag in them with 2012 on them I'm assuming with the correct date

Yeah, we've already seen them following the leader with those crazy basketball uniforms so it's only a matter of time before they really start aping Nike in football.

Oh no, they've done it in football already. Logos on glove palms, special sock designs, etc...

Well, adidas was the first to do the gloves in color, and Nike never did all-neon basketball uniforms before adidas did it. Neon trim, maybe, but the neon uniform and the tiger-camo pattern wasn't an example of adidas aping Nike.

As pointless as arguing adidas is with you, I'll bite:

Nike did gloves in color as soon as the college rules allowed and in the NFL long before that.

Nike did neon-trim basketball uniforms before adidas' all-neon uniforms this year. Distinction without a difference IMO.

And Nike beat adidas with the tiger-camo stuff, too.

FF_735548ALT1_xl.jpg

no they would have a different tag in them with 2012 on them I'm assuming with the correct date

I really can't believe you guys are arguing this. Go back and listen to what he says. He says "from our spring game," not "for our spring game." He never says, or implies, 2012. Everything he showed from that locker was from the 2011 season, including these gloves.

I really can't believe you guys are arguing this. Go back and listen to what he says. He says "from our spring game," not "for our spring game." He never says, or implies, 2012. Everything he showed from that locker was from the 2011 season, including these gloves.

I was never saying they were for sure using them. All i was trying to say was it wasn't too far a stretch for them to use them both years.

I was never saying they were for sure using them. All i was trying to say was it wasn't too far a stretch for them to use them both years.

You're welcome to your opinion, but from everything I know about Oregon, I think it is.

I'm actually surprised nothing has been announced yet for the spring game. It's possible for the first time in 2 years we won't be wearing special uniforms to honor the armed services.

Last year pics started to leak around this time and it was at least announced special uniforms would be worn and handed to members of the armed services after the game.

As pointless as arguing adidas is with you, I'll bite:

Nike did gloves in color as soon as the college rules allowed and in the NFL long before that.

Nike did neon-trim basketball uniforms before adidas' all-neon uniforms this year. Distinction without a difference IMO.

And Nike beat adidas with the tiger-camo stuff, too.

FF_735548ALT1_xl.jpg

Lol I was sure the pattern was an Adidas original.

Can somebody answer this: who was the first NCAA team to rock a matte helmet? The first I remember was oregons blackout helmet( which I thought and still think looks awesome) , but I'm not certain.

I think that's matte gray.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived