2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there's a bunch of Ohio State fans out there, but I now know what they mean when fans say their marching band is the 'Best Damn Band in the Land'

Darn, It must take about a week to practice of all they did.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Dear Oregon,

Please stop Scheduling 7:30 games that nobody but people on the west coast watch, but more importantly, stop scheduling games that cause me to get home at 3am.

Signed,

A tired fan.

(BTW, great win today. Wouldn't be surprised if the ducks got some number 1 votes, though personally, I would vote South Carolina as my Number 1).

Georgia's SEC conquests have yet to win a Conference game not against each other. And their non-Conference slate is your typical cupcakes. You can't make a resume-based argument for giving South Carolina a #1 ranking.

They're played better competition than Bama has. The only team Bama has beaten is what has proven to be a pretty average Michigan team, and a bad Arkansas team. South Carolina has played 4 conference games, including @Vanderbilt (who just beat MIssouri @Missouri yesterday), Missouri (who beat ASU), and bitch smacked #5 Georgia. Now, you can argue that Georgia did not deserve to be a top 5 team, but they are obviously infinitely better than any team Alabama has played. While Alabama has had a better non conference, they haven't exactly had a non conference to justify being number one, especially after MIchigan has been exposed to be an average team.

I don't think Georgia is "obviously infinitely better than" Michigan. They hasn't beaten anyone of note either, except a couple of the same teams Crackalacky beat.

They haven't beaten anyone who is amazing, but slaughtering MIssouri on the road, and beating a good Tennessee team is more than Michigan has done. Hell, Michigan almost lost to Air Force. So based on that, yes i would say they are infinitely better than Georgia.

So South Carolina has beaten Missouri, Vanderbilt has beaten Missouri, Georgia has beaten Missouri....just going to toss this out there, but perhaps Missouri isn't that good. And I'm not sure Tennessee constitutes a "good" team unless "guaranteed Music City Bowl appearance" = "good".

I didn't say any of them were good, I was saying that they were better than the competition Alabama has faced.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Sure, they have played a tougher schedule. That's what it seems like every year with SEC East teams, until they actually have to play an SEC West opponent. Bama has a tough game next week, Mizzou plays well at home (Outside of the Georgia game), Tennessee and Mississippi State should prove as admirable foes. Bama should be unbeaten when they get to Baton Rouge. South Carolina easily poses as Bama's biggest threat, though they also have trips to Baton Rouge and Gainesville. Talk to me when they make it out of those games.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Does anybody actually know how good KSU is?

Good enough to beat Texas. Again.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

With Colin Klein as QB, they're very legit and will win all their games except WVU.

I only ask because it seems every year they're at the top of the big 12 (outside of Oklahoma and normally Texas) but don't have much to show of it at the end of the year.

With Colin Klein as QB, they're very legit and will win all their games except WVU.

I only ask because it seems every year they're at the top of the big 12 (outside of Oklahoma and normally Texas) but don't have much to show of it at the end of the year.

Because they always lose to Oklahoma and Texas and are thus a 3rd place team.

1zqy8ok.gif

This year could be different though after they beat Oklahoma at Norman.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Funny thing is, when you think it could be KSU's year West Virginia comes in to the Big 12 and looks like the team to beat.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Funny thing is, when you think it could be KSU's year West Virginia comes in to the Big 12 and looks like the team to beat.

I'm sorry to break the news to the West Virginia fans, but yes, they are great on offense, but that defense is horrible and they will get blown out a couple of times this year. I figure K-State will be the first, but with that defense they have the ability to lose 3-4 games in a row. Look for as great as they are, they remind me of the the Loyola Marymount basketball teams from the early 90's, all offense, but couldn't play a lick of defense.

I'm sorry to break the news to the West Virginia fans, but yes, they are great on offense, but that defense is horrible and they will get blown out a couple of times this year. I figure K-State will be the first, but with that defense they have the ability to lose 3-4 games in a row. Look for as great as they are, they remind me of the the Loyola Marymount basketball teams from the early 90's, all offense, but couldn't play a lick of defense.

The D is terrible, yes. But with an offense that good why do you think they would get blown out? Its not even just Geno, WVU may have the best 2 WR's in the country. Not the best duo, the best receiver and the second best receiver in the entire nation.

I mean don't get me wrong, I could def see us (I went to WVU...bias overload) losing but I don't think we're going to get blown out or anything

90758391980.gif

The D is terrible, yes. But with an offense that good why do you think they would get blown out? Its not even just Geno, WVU may have the best 2 WR's in the country. Not the best duo, the best receiver and the second best receiver in the entire nation.

I mean don't get me wrong, I could def see us (I went to WVU...bias overload) losing but I don't think we're going to get blown out or anything

Well most Big 12 games this year have come down to gets the first stop or can hold them to a field goal.

There is a long way to go until December 1st.

Maybe. Texas is also winless against Kansas State since 2003.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There is a long way to go until December 1st.

Maybe. Texas is also winless against Kansas State since 2003.

Yeah, but they've only played 4 times.

Yeah, but how do you explain losing to :censored: ing Ron Prince. TWICE! You're 2-6 against the Wildcats since the merger.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived