2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

UCLA also beat Nebraska in a shootout.

I'm not naive (or homerish) enough to assume that Nebraska's a Top 5 team right now, but Nebraska is currently #10 nationally in Scoring Offense and #13 in Total Offense. We lead the Big Ten in both categories, I believe.

For UCLA to win against that type of production says that the Bruins are very good, or Nebraska had an off-day.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UCLA has played 5 games against decent opponents while Cincy has had three games against what's being proven to be two sub-par teams in Pitt and VT. Why on Earth should they be ranked ahead of UCLA?

Big East homerism inevitably comes along with Louisville homerism.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

UCLA has played 5 games against decent opponents while Cincy has had three games against what's being proven to be two sub-par teams in Pitt and VT. Why on Earth should they be ranked ahead of UCLA?

Because he thinks the Big East is better than the SEC.

I was only saying that the Big East is better than the ACC. The SEC is still way better than the BE.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I was only saying that the Big East is better than the ACC. The SEC is still way better than the BE.

I didn't know UCLA was in the ACC.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

UCLA is in the Pac-12.

UCLA is in the Pac-12.

Yeah, I know. I was just kind of pointing out that claiming the Big East is better than the ACC is kind of irrelevant to demonstrating that Cincinnati is better than UCLA.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

UCLA is in the Pac-12.

Yeah, I know. I was just kind of pointing out that claiming the Big East is better than the ACC is kind of irrelevant to demonstrating that Cincinnati is better than UCLA.

I was just saying that for now. This is still Week 6 and anything can happen.

UCLA is in the Pac-12.

What makes you think that Cincy could me beat UCLA right now?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

UCLA is in the Pac-12.

I am just joking, but the matchup would be pretty good.

Holy quote pyramid, Batman!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

UCLA is in the Pac-12.

I am just joking, but the matchup would be pretty good.

P5XGB.jpg

I apologize for the bad language, but the image was just too perfect.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The DVR will be working overtime for me this weekend. Two top-10 showdowns in SEC land and I won't be home to watch either one of them. I was really trying to keep my hopes at a reasonable level for Florida, but with the way Driskel has been playing and how bad LSU has been looking .. I can officially say I realllllly hope Florida can win that game.

As for UGA-SC ... I have no freakin' clue what to expect in that game to be honest. Brain says UGA .... heart says SC.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

23rd ranked Washington heads into Autzen to face Oregon... I really want Washington to win, because it would mean that this could be a rivalry again (it's not a rivalry if you constantly get your ass kicked).

Plus, someone has to pop the giant ego balloon that Oregon fans have. They're good, but some of the fans kinda give them a bad name.

http://www.oregonliv...ml#incart_river

Oregon State is number 1 in both the BCS computer polls.

23rd ranked Washington heads into Autzen to face Oregon... I really want Washington to win, because it would mean that this could be a rivalry again (it's not a rivalry if you constantly get your ass kicked).

Plus, someone has to pop the giant ego balloon that Oregon fans have. They're good, but some of the fans kinda give them a bad name.

+1 from the Husker guy living in Eugene, OR.

Point in case - I have a "sports hatred" of Texas and Oklahoma - but I respect them, too. They're both accomplished programs and have achieved a lot on the field. Duck fans want to be taken seriously and "sit at the big boy table," but outside of the last 10 years they haven't accomplished that much.

I really wish that they would win a National Title just to get it out of their system and stop acting like a whiny kid brother.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

+1 from the Husker guy living in Eugene, OR.

Point in case - I have a "sports hatred" of Texas and Oklahoma - but I respect them, too. They're both accomplished programs and have achieved a lot on the field. Duck fans want to be taken seriously and "sit at the big boy table," but outside of the last 10 years they haven't accomplished that much.

You're both right.... although, I'd argue they haven't even accomplished that much IN the last 10 years. They've had countless chances to prove themselves against elite programs (Ohio State, Boise twice, USC, LSU, Auburn) and they've choked repeatedly.

The Duck fans on here are cool, but I've found that a large percentage of that fanbase outside of this site is made up of wannabe Bammers except without the titles to back it up. Arrogant and classless. Needless to say, I'll be rooting for Washington, USC, and Oregon State to knock them down several pegs.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Boise State is not elite. WVU has two BCS win also, yet they are not elite.

You can think it, but they are not. Now you may have fostered "Raysfan12" to tell us that Louisville is elite too as a result of one BCS bowl win and a bowl win over your Boise State team.

Archived