2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: West Virginia-Baylor

Eggshells armed with hammers. Classic Big XII play (hope folks took the over).

*Goes back to work on "Big XII teams as battlecruisers" post idea./8

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

To think, it could be possible that neither Baylor-WVU basketball matchups could match the point total from today's game.

Now, what Geno Smith did was beyond impressive... But gotdamn guys! Someone, anyone, teach these kids how to tackle and how to defend! I like shootouts as much as the next guy, but you got to be able to not let the other team turn your defense into burnt rubber.

Army, your shipment of fail has arrived. Stony Brook 23, Army 3. Doesn't it seem like there have been more of these than usual?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Was that a Big 12 or Pac-12 matchup? Good Lord...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Is it just me, or have their been large amounts of passing yards today? Geno Smith, Morris, Glennon, Florence, etc. have all been putting up over 400 yards. Rakeem Cato also has 256 in the first half. Lots of brea out QB performances.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Hey guys, remember when Le'Veon Bell was a Heisman candidate? Well, any hope of that is going out the window right now.

Interesting play I don't think I've ever seen occur...because I certainly didn't agree with the call and interpretation.

In the Clemson/BC game, a pass was thrown toward the goalline in the corner. The receiver jumps from around the 1 yard line and turns to look over his right shoulder...makes the catch while he knocks over the pylon in the air. He lands 1 foot in the endzone. He was airborne from the 1 yard line until his foot landed in the endzone. It was ruled incomplete on the field.

I thought for sure it would be overturned, but it was not. Ruling on the field was that contact with the pylon in the air is equivalent to stepping out of bounds.

So...you can dive and hit it with the ball for a score as part of the endzone, but you can't hit it in the air with another part of the body- that is out of bounds.

EDIT: Apparently it is Rule 4, Section 2, Part B in the rulebook: "A player who touches a pylon is out of bounds."

Where are the defenses this week?

East Lansing, MI.

Here comes all the "the defenses weren't that great because both teams suck on offense, etc." from our resident experts. Have at it, boys. B)

You will not hear it from me. I went to the Ryder Cup after halftime of the early games since seeing all that offense was not entertaining. The games which I had interest in (Baylor@WVU, NCState@Miami, Arky@aTm) were not good to watch. Even Penn St. @ ILL was a mess.

Where are the defenses this week? I know Stoney Brook and San Jose State have one.

Edit: Virginia Tech loses to another BE team against Cincinnati on the last seconds of regulation. Congrats to Cincy.

You know, Virginia Tech just might not be that good this year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Note that UK is leading 17-7 at halftime against #6 South Carolina.

Edit: This year is just weird compared to last year.

Not really since we know that, "Louisville will still be Louisville".

Could you please stop attacking him? This is why you were suspended in the first place.

Archived