2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

BUt C-USA is allowed to be bad, because nobody expects anything from them. People have high expectations from The Big Ten.

Who are these people and where do they exist? Or are they as illusory as an Oregon win over a good SEC team?

The same people who had Michigan at Number 9, Wisconsin at 13, Nebraska at 17, and Ohio State at 16.

Preseason polls are worthless except for crafting the eternal "FLORIDA STATE AND NOTRE DAME ARE BACK!" narratives.

I know, I'm just saying, those people exist.

Also, OSU downs UCLA. Not sure if this is good for the Pac-12 or not.

Interns aren't people.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Miami at Georgia Tech game has gone from either really good to really bad or vice versa, depending on who you're rooting for. Miami led 19-0 after the first quarter, then GT took a 22-19 lead into the locker room, now the Yellow jackets lead 36-19 midway through the 3rd.

There was also an interesting safety in this game. On the kickoff after a Miami score, Tech's returner attempted to kneel in the endzone for a touchback, but put his hand down outside the endzone, resulting in a safety

And Miami wins in OT 42-36.

Interns aren't people.

Unless you're anyone other than a business executive.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Big Ten is to me the most disappointing conference this year as well as C-USA.

BUt C-USA is allowed to be bad, because nobody expects anything from them. People have high expectations from The Big Ten.

They do? Seems like a cycle of being talked up during the pre-season, floating through the regular season, then getting smoked in bowls (pun intended?).

Only Notre Dame underachieves more. By underachieve, I mean in regards to the exposure they receive...not my personal expectations.

What the :censored: just happened in Pullman?!!

Mike Leach tried to raft down the Columbia River. In a Pirate ship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Good news. Indiana football did not lose today. And I feel better about the Ball State loss now.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What the :censored: just happened in Pullman?!!

I still want John Embree's head on a platter.

I thought it was over when Wazzu took the 28-14 lead. After getting trolled by the Central Valley schools the past 2 weeks, you guys find a win in the middle of nowhere. I'll admit I wasn't 100% sold on UCLA winning today, especially given the fact that Oregon State had played only one game, which was the upset over the Badgers. The Beavers are definitely back as a competive team this year. They had a pretty solid program from 06-09(splitting against USC and Oregon during that timeframe), before falling apart the last 2 years. Conference play in the Pac 12 could be the most competitive this year in the nation.

GO CATS tonight! (And Utes!)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Chokelahoma strikes again, folks. Somehow, Bob Stoops still has a job even though yearly chokejobs to lesser conference opponents have become tradition in Norman.

I'm not entirely sure I'd classify Bill Snyder the Grey's Wildcats as a "lesser" opponent at the moment.

Today, we are all otaku.

I really disapproved of RichRod's call to go for it on 4th and Goal from the 1 1/2 when they could've just taken the 3 points in a low scoring game.

Oregon's got their hands full with Zona, but I look for them to wake up and pull away from the Wildcats in the 2nd half.

6uXNWAo.png

I really disapproved of RichRod's call to go for it on 4th and Goal from the 1 1/2 when they could've just taken the 3 points in a low scoring game.

Oregon's got their hands full with Zona, but I look for them to wake up and pull away from the Wildcats in the 2nd half.

This is the type of game where it felt you need 7's, not 3's to match your opponent. Its only 13 and the Cats get the ball first for the 2nd half. Need some points to say the least. I have a bad feeling the "O" was a dormant volcano for the first half.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Oregon volcano: exploded!

The Cats defense was amazing through most of the game. Unfortunately mistake after mistake, 0-5 in the red zone tonight, etc, just makes this game a classic "what if" a-thon for me. If you only surrender 13 points to the Ducks through 2.5 quarters, then you'd better be on top at that point, but there just better in the end then the Cats.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Well.... that was unexpected. I really did think we would lose this game. I can safely say I'm pleasantly surprised.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Chokelahoma strikes again, folks. Somehow, Bob Stoops still has a job even though yearly chokejobs to lesser conference opponents have become tradition in Norman.

I'm not entirely sure I'd classify Bill Snyder the Grey's Wildcats as a "lesser" opponent at the moment.

Well, "lesser" in the rankings at least.

Rankings still show residual bias from the Preseason rankings in which Oklahoma gets a top ten ranking by virtue of existing. Not exactly a good standard at the moment.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived