2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

And at halftime, Central Michigan leads Iowa 23-14. Iowa sure looks like a B1G disappoint today.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a down year for the Big Ten this year. Outside of Michigan and Ohio State you always have a bunch of teams that have good years come and go (except for Indiana, they always suck.) This year it just happens to look like Michigan State is the only one from that group that's good and they may not even be that good. Nebraska should be pretty good too. Wisconsin, Iowa, Penn State, Illinois, and Purdue are all off and you usually have about three teams from that group that are good in a given year. There will probably be a lot of 6-8 win teams from the conference this year. And it doesn't help that Ohio State is banned from postseason play. That means Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, or Wisconsin will be in the Big Ten Championship and it could be any of those teams.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Either there are two separate Ohio State football teams and I've been watching the one that has no business being ranked #16, or these poll voters have their heads up their asses. My guess is it's the voters. I'm pretty sure my alma mater only has one football team.

BB52Big.jpg

Somebody at Iowa's getting fired at the end of the year. Not sure if Ferentz will be one, but staffers had better start cleaning out their desks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hafltime score:

EMU 7

21Michigan State 3

Have I mentioned that the Big Ten is bad this year?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I must mention that my alma mater, UTSA, just romped through some team 56-3; I think it was against a NAIA but, hey, I'll take the confidence boosting for sure. 4-0 for a two-year-old team ain't nothing to sneeze at.

It was NW Oklahoma State, who is starting the move to Division II from NAIA this season.

It doesn't shock me that UTSA is off to a fast start. Of the four newcomers (UTSA, Texas State, South Alabama and UMass), they had the easiest OoC schedule.

Is anyone else really impressed with Sean Mannion? So far, he's the most improved player in the country I think.

The Big Ten is to me the most disappointing conference this year as well as C-USA.

BUt C-USA is allowed to be bad, because nobody expects anything from them. People have high expectations from The Big Ten.

The Big Ten is to me the most disappointing conference this year as well as C-USA.

The Big East would be kind of disappointing too, technically.

BUt C-USA is allowed to be bad, because nobody expects anything from them. People have high expectations from The Big Ten.

Who are these people and where do they exist? Or are they as illusory as an Oregon win over a good SEC team?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who are these people and where do they exist? Or are they as illusory as an Oregon win over a good SEC team?

The same people who had Michigan at Number 9, Wisconsin at 13, Nebraska at 17, and Ohio State at 16.

The same people who had Michigan at Number 9, Wisconsin at 13, Nebraska at 17, and Ohio State at 16.

Preseason polls are worthless except for crafting the eternal "FLORIDA STATE AND NOTRE DAME ARE BACK!" narratives.

Today, we are all otaku.

Preseason polls are worthless except for crafting the eternal "FLORIDA STATE AND NOTRE DAME ARE BACK!" narratives.

I know, I'm just saying, those people exist.

Also, OSU downs UCLA. Not sure if this is good for the Pac-12 or not.

Archived