Super Bowl XLVII Logo

Pharos04

Here's the placeholder logo i mentioned in the first post

IMG_1956.jpg

What I find interesting about that is they use the same font as Super Bowl XLIV, and not Super Bowl XLI, XLII, XLIII, XLV, or XLVI. That could be a game changer and hopefully end this disgrace of the standardized logo era.

Actually thats a mix of 3 of their standardized fonts that they use for all their media so I wouldnt be to hopeful. Because of that, its easy to whip up some NFL looking stuff....

NFLFontSample.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the NFL does ditch the standardized Super Bowl logo, just remember that I called it a year ago. :)

No doubt others on these forums have already made this point elsewhere and I missed it, but could the possibility of a lockout wiping out the Indy Super Bowl have had something to do with the NFL adopting the standardized Super Bowl logo?

Think about it: As it stands now, the Indy Super Bowl is XLVI and the one after that in New Orleans is XLVII. But if the Indy game gets cancelled along with the rest of the 2011-12 season and playoffs, the New Orleans game presumably would become XLVI instead. (Why skip a Roman numeral when it's not tied to the year anyway, especially when doing so would just be a reminder of the cancelled season?) If they were still designing a unique logo for each Super Bowl, not only would the Indy logo be wasted - and quickly become the NFL's equivalent of the 1994 World Series logo as an everlasting mark of shame - but they'd also have to scrap the New Orleans logo (to the degree that it was still in development at the time the Indy Super Bowl got cancelled) and redesign it from scratch to incorporate its new Roman numeral. But with a standardized logo, if the Indy game gets wiped out the NFL can just reuse the same XLVI logo for the New Orleans game, and the XLVII logo (originally intended for New Orleans) for the Meadowlands game, and so forth.

My prediction: Shortly after the NFL gets its new CBA, whenever that may be, their logo template will have served and outlived its "real" purpose, and so they will quietly ditch it, no doubt citing negative fan response as the pretext for doing so, keeping the rest of their "logo system" intact but going back to designing a unique logo for each Super Bowl.

CCSLC signature.png

If the NFL does ditch the standardized Super Bowl logo, just remember that I called it a year ago. :)

No doubt others on these forums have already made this point elsewhere and I missed it, but could the possibility of a lockout wiping out the Indy Super Bowl have had something to do with the NFL adopting the standardized Super Bowl logo?

Think about it: As it stands now, the Indy Super Bowl is XLVI and the one after that in New Orleans is XLVII. But if the Indy game gets cancelled along with the rest of the 2011-12 season and playoffs, the New Orleans game presumably would become XLVI instead. (Why skip a Roman numeral when it's not tied to the year anyway, especially when doing so would just be a reminder of the cancelled season?) If they were still designing a unique logo for each Super Bowl, not only would the Indy logo be wasted - and quickly become the NFL's equivalent of the 1994 World Series logo as an everlasting mark of shame - but they'd also have to scrap the New Orleans logo (to the degree that it was still in development at the time the Indy Super Bowl got cancelled) and redesign it from scratch to incorporate its new Roman numeral. But with a standardized logo, if the Indy game gets wiped out the NFL can just reuse the same XLVI logo for the New Orleans game, and the XLVII logo (originally intended for New Orleans) for the Meadowlands game, and so forth.

My prediction: Shortly after the NFL gets its new CBA, whenever that may be, their logo template will have served and outlived its "real" purpose, and so they will quietly ditch it, no doubt citing negative fan response as the pretext for doing so, keeping the rest of their "logo system" intact but going back to designing a unique logo for each Super Bowl.

Don't bet on it. I think they've made it pretty clear that this is how its going to be for a while.

The only thing that they might be holding off on unveiling is the alternate SB logo with the Superdome in the background, which is kind of funny because its not like we couldn't just do a 5 second mock up of what it would look like. Its probably the easiest stadium to render in all of pro sports.

Don't bet on it. I think they've made it pretty clear that this is how its going to be for a while.

The only thing that they might be holding off on unveiling is the alternate SB logo with the Superdome in the background, which is kind of funny because its not like we couldn't just do a 5 second mock up of what it would look like. Its probably the easiest stadium to render in all of pro sports.

The problem I have with that is, Roger Godell really does not give a :censored: about logos compared to us so I am not expecting it to change. If it does change though, I would give Viper the greatest gift of all, a genuine thank you.

By the way, I started that thread about the Super Bowl XLVI logo a year ago :lol:

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I really wish the NFL would have taken a page out of the CFL and done a Grey Cup-style standardization. (Similar to the World Series logos with the MLB.) In the CFL's case, the Grey Cup trophy always looks the same, but everything else about the logo is different: the colors, background, etc. I think that would have been a much better thing for the NFL to take on: that way, the logos are still unquestionably similar, but different enough that you can pick out one from the other very easily.

As I've stated before, I don't think the standardized approach is bad, I just hate the trophy logo they went with. Something much flatter and simpler would have looked much better.

Actually, there is more than just the trophy that is standardized. The scale, the maple leaf, a local element such as the skyline, stadium or similar, and the team colours are all required elements in the Grey Cup logo from year to year. I beleive the CFL has used the same

The Super Bowl game program is viewable on line on www.hozinc.com Page 180 has an ad for NFL on Location. There is a football with presumably Next year's SB XLVII logo on the ball with the Superdome in the ad......

Sorry I looked but I could not see that ad you are talking about. Is that the right page number? I checked both the page marked 180 and the 180th page in the file itself. Maybe I just missed it. Do you have a screen shot?

Sorry about that... I'm not very computer savvy- the ad is on pg 182 . Go to hozinc.com/sb46, click on thumbnails and scroll down to pg 182. Commissioner Goodell's signature has even been replaced on the ball!

The ball in question...

sbxlvii.png

Sorry about that... I'm not very computer savvy- the ad is on pg 182 . Go to hozinc.com/sb46, click on thumbnails and scroll down to pg 182. Commissioner Goodell's signature has even been replaced on the ball!

The ball in question...

sbxlvii.png

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Archived