my Brewers concept

Gothamite

Hello everyone,

I've been playing around with a Brewers concept for some time, and think it's time to get some feedback.

It's no secret that as a Brewers fan I loathe the current uniforms. It's also no secret that I'm not alone. Brewers merchandise sells very poorly, with one notable exception - the "dog's paw" logo, that is MLB's #1 selling retro cap.

Therefore, I propose the Brewers go back to this old logo. It's what the fans want, any way you measure it.

Part of the problem is that I just can't see Hank Aaron playing in the modern uniforms. Robin Yount doesn't look right in anything but the paw cap. I can't picture Rollie, Mollie, Gorman or Cooper in the softball duds.

I am proposing a uniform that incorporates the paw logo, but also accounts for the decades-long history of the Beer Barrel Man. I believe this is a cleaner version of the "classic" uniforms. An update that doesn't lose sight of where we've been.

true_blue_concept.jpg

Of course, we need a road version (this is what I'd like to see them wear on their next visit to Shea):

true_blue_road.jpg

Feedback?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the ball and glove logo but 2 things:

1). The font on the uniform would have to change. The one you have is way too dated.

2). It probably won't return, at least in this form, because their current uniforms are classy (not that the old ones weren't). While I like the old 'glove and ball' logo, their current unis are 1000 times better than their old ones. Plus, by incorporating the wheat on the cap under the 'M', the Brewers have made their uniforms geographically-specific. Their old uniforms weren't indigenous to Milwaukee, but their current ones obviously pay respects to the brewing industry, with the wheat, logo, and the uniform font.

As much as I like the retro logo, it's retro for a reason. It was great back then, but it probably would grow stale quickly if brought back.

tyson.jpg

Has Gothamite made the stepped into the light, and migrated to the CCSL community?

I think it looks fine, and although I don't side with Shark in saying all retro sucks, I do think the current Brewers identity is the best they've had in years.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Has Gothamite made the stepped into the light, and migrated to the CCSL community?

I think it looks fine, and although I don't side with Shark in saying all retro sucks, I do think the current Brewers identity is the best they've had in years.

Word... I view the Brew's ball and glove like the Nuggets rainbow uniforms... they're great selling under the premise of being a retro uniform, but it would be a step backwards to bring them back as a primary identity, IMO.

it sucks

the current identity is fine it does not need to be changed

some people just cant let go of the past and its pathetic

Easy there, ace. Retro/brown preferences aside, that's probably not the best way to welcome a potentially valuable member to the forums.

it sucks

I just have one question for ya shark, and i'm being serious here, and I am just lookin for an honest answer, when the Pistons switched to the weird teal scheme in the 90's, did you see that as infinitly better than what they had, and then in turn were you pissed when they changed back to blue and red? Thats just one example I can thing of when newer just isnt better.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I just have one question for ya shark, and i'm being serious here, and I am just lookin for an honest answer, when the Pistons switched to the weird teal scheme in the 90's, did you see that as infinitly better than what they had, and then in turn were you pissed when they changed back to blue and red?

did it happen in the NBA?

if so then I couldnt give a damn

it sucks

I respect your bluntness but we all know that comments like this piss everybody off. I should know, I've probably pissed everyone within this community at one time or another.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Not bad, but I was never a big fan of the "mb" logo, and the beer barrel dude on the sleeve looks a smidge too big. The Crew seem to change their look every second year, so I'd like to see them stay with what they have for the time being.

Where did you find Phil Roof to model them for you? :D

it sucks

Give me a reason as to why that was necessary, Shark.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

it sucks

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't think that was a very nice way to put it.

But, I love the jersey. I especially like the fact you didn't put the name on the back of the home, and the hat. Good work!

PS I remember you from the NFL Uniforms board....

As a Brewer fan, I like the current logo and uniform. I think that someone said it in an earlier post within this thread that it truly identifies with the MKE and the brewing history of the city. However, I do like the uni, but I do not think that they will go retro like that.

Also, usually I don't comment about other people posting on here. But, Shark brah that was BRUTAL! Why come out like that. I know that you're still sore about the fact that a better team beat the Sharks in the Cup playoffs and I know that your baseball team there in SF is struggling a little bit (sorry, I had to get that one in since I'm a lifelong Dodger fan) but woah bruddah!

Arrit den, I'm OUT!

dodgers-1.png

Plus, by incorporating the wheat on the cap under the 'M', the Brewers have made their uniforms geographically-specific. Their old uniforms weren't indigenous to Milwaukee, but their current ones obviously pay respects to the brewing industry, with the wheat, logo, and the uniform font.

I seem to remember saying something similar on the Fanhome board, when I was enlightened that the previous uniforms (the interlocking MB) were also indigenous to Milwaukee due to the gothic lettering. This is just another perspective I thought would be good to bring up, if other people weren't aware.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Archived