my Brewers concept

Gothamite

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just have one question for ya shark, and i'm being serious here, and I am just lookin for an honest answer, when the Pistons switched to the weird teal scheme in the 90's, did you see that as infinitly better than what they had, and then in turn were you pissed when they changed back to blue and red?

did it happen in the NBA?

if so then I couldnt give a damn

Diffrent post, same a$$tittude.

remember ME???? :evil:

SHARK SEASON IS OPEN!!!!! :devil:

i know i said that i would start to ignore everything about ICS, but i just can't keep myself quiet on this topic...

we know you don't like retro, shark.. but why don't you follow your OWN rules? if you don't like this concept, then make one that YOU like and shut the hell up on how YOU think HIS could be improved. if you refuse to accept critiques on your own work, then i sure as hell don't think anyone wants to listen to you critique theirs. it's very hypocritical.

now back on topic, i really enjoy this concept... i'm not a brewers fan, so i don't really follow their history on many things. all i know is that i don't like the sleeve logo that much... it's just not nice looking. but if it's traditionaly relevant, and actualy does deserve to be slapped on there, then i support it :)

however, the hat logo is outstanding. i've always loved it... very clever and simple. if the brewers went out on the field in those, i'd aprove. looks like a very clean update.

Thank you, Cole.

And thanks everyone for the feedback, especially those that gave useful feedback.

The Beer Barrel Man is historically significant, as it was both the logo of the previous incarnation of the Milwaukee Brewers used for decades (the Brewers of Bill Veeck, Casey Stengel, Al Dark, Johnny Logan, and many many others), and the first logo used by the current club (in the days of Hank Aaron and the young Robin Yount and Gorman Thomas).

I would challenge anyone to tell me how the current Brewers uniform reflects the city of Milwaukee. Okay, there's the barley sprig, but other than that. If seeking a visual tie with the city is the important factor, then surely the Brewers made a huge mistake in dropping the 1996-1999 uniforms. The Germanic lettering is very much in tune with the Old World architecture of City Hall, the Third Ward, the Pabst Theatre, and the like.

So okay, fans of the new scheme, how on Earth does it say "Milwaukee" better than the Germanic scheme (especially since it barely says "Milwaukee" on the uniforms? :rolleyes:

Not so much the city, but the current Brewers logos with the wheat has more to do with the nickname. Wheat is used in the brewing of beer and the team name is the Brewers.

but wheat can also be used to make bread :) a walking keg on your sleeves is pretty to-the-point :)

I guess I am in the minority...I hate the Brewers' current identity. I don't like the way the name is written on the front of the jersey, I don't like the stripes around the sleeves and I hate the wheat under the "M".

I also think the ball in glove era is a thing of the past. Nice effort, they look good, but I think it is best kept retro.

I like the mid to late 90s uniforms. The basic "M" on the hat (at first they had the "MB" hat, which I thought was lame) and just classic baseball jerseys, both home and road. I wish they'd kept that look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Thank you, Cole.

And thanks everyone for the feedback, especially those that gave useful feedback.

The Beer Barrel Man is historically significant, as it was both the logo of the previous incarnation of the Milwaukee Brewers used for decades (the Brewers of Bill Veeck, Casey Stengel, Al Dark, Johnny Logan, and many many others), and the first logo used by the current club (in the days of Hank Aaron and the young Robin Yount and Gorman Thomas).

I would challenge anyone to tell me how the current Brewers uniform reflects the city of Milwaukee.  Okay, there's the barley sprig, but other than that.  If seeking a visual tie with the city is the important factor, then surely the Brewers made a huge mistake in dropping the 1996-1999 uniforms.  The Germanic lettering is very much in tune with the Old World architecture of City Hall, the Third Ward, the Pabst Theatre, and the like.

So okay, fans of the new scheme, how on Earth does it say "Milwaukee" better than the Germanic scheme (especially since it barely says "Milwaukee" on the uniforms?  :rolleyes:

So change the away wordmark to "Milwaukee" with the current design scheme and be done with it. A step backwards is not necessary at all here, especially with their improved play as of late and the crop of talent in the minors. Their current identity will hold a positive connotation for the team as they continue to improve and start to win back the fans. No era in Brewers history will ever be as good as the late 1970's-early 1980's, but this is a different Brewers team than we've seen in the mid-to-late 1990's.

Any of us who know you from the Fanhome boards know that you are militant in your hatred of the 2000-present scheme. From one Brewer fan to another, get over it! No offense, but your whole attitude towards the Brewers visual identity is like somebody who's been married for years but still pines for his high school girlfriend. Maybe I'm biased because I missed out on the glory years (I was three years old when they won the pennant) and have had to endure 11 straight losing seasons without really experiencing when the Brewers were relevant. Maybe I'm biased because the Brewers are finally showing signs of turning the corner as an organization (in spite of the Selig family) and bringing fans back to the yard. Call it what you will. But the past should be left in the past, the Brewers should continue to improve with their current identity, and while your concept is well done, I hope it's never worn on a baseball field in Milwaukee...

QPR%20Sig.png

Diffrent post, same a$$tittude.

remember ME???? :evil:

SHARK SEASON IS OPEN!!!!! :devil:

We will not tolerate crap from anyone. You may think you're justified, but justice is blind. The same stick we use to measure ICS will be the stick we use to measure you.

Get back on topic people... now.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Any of us who know you from the Fanhome boards know that you are militant in your hatred of the 2000-present scheme. From one Brewer fan to another, get over it! No offense, but your whole attitude towards the Brewers visual identity is like somebody who's been married for years but still pines for his high school girlfriend. Maybe I'm biased because I missed out on the glory years (I was three years old when they won the pennant) and have had to endure 11 straight losing seasons without really experiencing when the Brewers were relevant. Maybe I'm biased because the Brewers are finally showing signs of turning the corner as an organization (in spite of the Selig family) and bringing fans back to the yard. Call it what you will. But the past should be left in the past, the Brewers should continue to improve with their current identity, and while your concept is well done, I hope it's never worn on a baseball field in Milwaukee...

:notworthy: THANK YOU!!!

like Ive said before, its not the quality of the old logos and uniforms that the Brewers fans are in love with. Its the teams that wore those below average logos

the current Brewers scheme fits the name "Brewers" perfectly and once the team starts to be competitive, they will learn to love thier current look.

btw, I feel that although you guys dealt a great player away in Sexson, you guys really got the better end of that trade. Spivey is a good young talent, and Counsell, distorted batting stance and all, is a good character guy. I dont know what else you guys got or gave up in that deal, but it will work out for you in the long run

In the interest of full disclosure, I prefer the 1996-1999 uniforms to anything else, past or present. After that, I think the 1972 Brewer uniforms are great. You may accuse me of living in the glory days, but frankly the charge just doesn't hold water. Quite the opposite - the uniforms and logos I prefer are those from the darkest days of the franchise.

I'm still waiting to hear how the current uniforms "identif(y) with the MKE" with the "logo, and the uniform font" (I'm willing to grant the wheat). Answer: they don't. There's nothing about them that says "Milwaukee," unlike the earlier scheme.

You can belittle the fans all you like, Shark, but the fact remains that they want the old logo back. And it would be nice if the new owners listened to the fans, your, um, particular biases aside....

I like the unis -

Jonkj's concept with the current team colors and old school logos looks great!

Good work, both of you !!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I think the ball-in-glove logo needs to be brought back. I don't care how dated other folks think it looks cuz around here it's too iconic to matter.

But I'm not sure I'd bring back the old mid-80's unis. Not that I'd complain if they did go that route, I just think there's things about the current unis that are worth keeping.

They need to go back to royal blue though. I don't know why every uni needs to be navy or black to be cool.

y'know... just let me shut up and bring my concept from a few months ago:

brewers_new_sm.gif

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I would challenge anyone to tell me how the current Brewers uniform reflects the city of Milwaukee. Okay, there's the barley sprig, but other than that. If seeking a visual tie with the city is the important factor, then surely the Brewers made a huge mistake in dropping the 1996-1999 uniforms. The Germanic lettering is very much in tune with the Old World architecture of City Hall, the Third Ward, the Pabst Theatre, and the like.

So okay, fans of the new scheme, how on Earth does it say "Milwaukee" better than the Germanic scheme (especially since it barely says "Milwaukee" on the uniforms? :rolleyes:

I'm sayin', so much is made of Milwaukee's art museum, riverwalk, underground hip hop and indie-rock scenes that people forget we have one of the largest breweries in the world.

/sarcasm

Don't tell me you actually believed Mayor Barrett (fkn biased arse Milwaukee Urinal-Sentinel... should still be Mayor Pratt ::steppin' off soapbox:: ) when he said we're no longer known as the beer capital by the masses. Even if Milwaukee is only home to one major brewery today, we still produce something like 11% of the beer in the world. And no matter what beer will ALWAYS be a huge part of the MIL's culture.

As for the old germanic lettering... I don't think too many people got the connection and I could see why. The lettering looked like it was part of an ad for a steel mill. I'm glad they deep-sixed it for what they have now.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

ok now that all the sheep have put thier ideas out there, here are some from someone who refuses to follow the flock

That's showin us "sheep" alright. Especially since after the Braves, BoSox, Indians, Tigers, Twins, Yankees, Padres, Mariners and Cardinals, there's so few teams that use navy blue as their primary color.

snappers_sig.gif

ok now that all the sheep have put thier ideas out there, here are some from someone who refuses to follow the flock.

:therock:

seriously... why are people who are this arrogant and confrontational allowed to post on this forum? it's very counterproductive. some of your concepts really are nice, but i'm not quite sure they're worth "the bagage" that comes with them. you're the allen iverson of these boards. sure... you're talented. the most talented? definately debatable. so why do you think that you are more important than the rest of the community combined?

as i said before, if we aren't allowed to share our critiques on your concepts, i don't see why you feel the need to turn this guy's thread into a cat fight because YOU have some critiques of your own... again, we understand that you hate retro. we understand that you hate brown... we understand that you hate just about every thing and everyone else, that i can think of off the top of my head. no need to throw it in our collective face every chance you get.

i know i'm not the only one who feels this way, as i've gotten several personal messages supporing my opinions on this subject... i just don't understand why people as counterproductive as this are given free reign. the "edit" button doesn't fix all the problems. neither does pulling the plug on concept threads that didn't get a standing ovation... ICS, just try to follow the rules that you demand that we all abide by. that's all i'm asking.

Here's mine...

milbrewersbasketball.gif

Something to please both sheep and "shepherd". <_<

I like.

snappers_sig.gif

Archived