2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gose being the second part of the Halladay trade to make it to the Majors. Ripping it up in AAA, easily a Top 3 prospect in the Org.

I look forward to seeing him. Also quite thankful it's just an "inflammation" and not a tear. Edwin and Colby need to carry the offense now, welp!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Speaking of Halladay, Doc is finally back tonight. :grin:

Last night's 3-2 win at LA was the first time since May 13 that the Phils won a game when scoring 3 runs or less.

Bizarre how ESPN dedicates each and every Nationals game highlight to Bryce Harper, showing all of his at-bats, catches, and restroom breaks. It's exact'y like how "The Worldwide Leader" only show Tiger Woods when doing a golf story -- but at least Tiger is was talented.

6uXNWAo.png

Bizarre how ESPN dedicates each and every Nationals game highlight to Bryce Harper, showing all of his at-bats, catches, and restroom breaks. It's exact'y like how "The Worldwide Leader" only show Tiger Woods when doing a golf story -- but at least Tiger is was talented.

I'm confused, are you saying Harper isn't talented?

Tigers looking at James Shields? http://www.freep.com...dyssey=nav|head

Only caught my eye because I literally just traded for him in MLB 2K12. Ironic.

Would be great, seems they want hitting so the top pitching prospects may be safe.

I think a lot of teams are looking at Castellanos right now. If he played second, I'd want to keep him safe. But if he's essentially playing behind Miggy for a while? IDK. I also saw Greinke, Hamels, Victorino, and Upton on lists yesterday. Would be cool to be able to bring in a solid #2 guy to put behind Verlander, or another OF to keep elmon (no D) off the field and solely in the batter's box. With the rapid emergence of Berry, though, I doubt they look at any outfielders.

He's an average player at best. What's he done? His hype got him into the All-Star Game, not his play.

6uXNWAo.png

He's an average player at best. What's he done? His hype got him into the All-Star Game, not his play.

I mean, yes, he's an average Major League Baseball player right now?AT AGE 19!

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone ESPN's hero worship, especially when it gets in the way of telling the whole story (and it often does).

But there's a reason Harper has all this hype. If it weren't for Mike Trout being even better (AL MVP-caliber) and just a single year older, Harper would be even more amazing.

Harper is undeniably talented, he won High School Player of the Year as a sophomore, when it had never even been done by a junior before.

Right now he's only an average to good major leaguer, but he's NINETEEN. At that age most guys are barely even in short season A-leagues.

And the coverage is sucky and dumb, it's ESPN, are you really surprised?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

He's 19 freaking years old! He plays outstanding defense and is arguably best hitter on a first place team. What more do you want?

(If you want to get technical, his OPS+ is 116, making him a well above average hitter.)

Would be great, seems they want hitting so the top pitching prospects may be safe.

I think a lot of teams are looking at Castellanos right now. If he played second, I'd want to keep him safe. But if he's essentially playing behind Miggy for a while? IDK. I also saw Greinke, Hamels, Victorino, and Upton on lists yesterday. Would be cool to be able to bring in a solid #2 guy to put behind Verlander, or another OF to keep elmon (no D) off the field and solely in the batter's box. With the rapid emergence of Berry, though, I doubt they look at any outfielders.

I had this debate with my father last night. I would try my hardest to hold on to Castellanos because you're going to have a hard time convincing me that in 2014, Prince Fielder will still be at 1st base (and not DH) and Miggy will still be a somewhat competent 3rd baseman... So yes, I do think there is a spot for Castellanos in the Tigers infield.

I'm also not moving him unless he is a part of a deal for a Felix Hernandez (or maybe Cole Hammels) type-player: a legitimate and young enough pitching-ace to pair with Verlander. You then would have 2 aces who can each pitch twice in a 7 game series... and you know what they say about good pitching vs. good hitting.

I think a package of:

Castellanos (Top-15 prospect in all of baseball who continues to rise)

Turner (Top-50 prospect who looks to have a #2-type ceiling)

Smyly/Crosby/Porcello - Take your pick (Young starters who look to have #3-type ceiling)

Boesch (Young power-hitting outfielder who despite struggles still has loads of potential)

might be able to swing you a Hammels or Hernandez (if the Mariners are looking to trade him). Now, would I trade that much for Shields? No. I would probably offer the bottom 3 players for Shields who is on the wrong side of 30 (I know that doesn't mean much for pitchers, but he's basically hit his ceiling in terms of velocity) and has been complacent as of late.

They've been having Castellanos taking fly balls and has been playing in right for Erie lately. They have pretty much said Castellanos is of limits. I wouldn't trade the farm for Hamels if he is most likely leaving next year. I would love to see a Garza/ Darwin Barney deal because the only asset we would give up is Turner.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Tiger has won 3 tournaments this year, more than anyone else.

If youre still watching ESPN for your sports highlights i'd advise getting the internet.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I had this debate with my father last night. I would try my hardest to hold on to Castellanos because you're going to have a hard time convincing me that in 2014, Prince Fielder will still be at 1st base (and not DH) and Miggy will still be a somewhat competent 3rd baseman... So yes, I do think there is a spot for Castellanos in the Tigers infield.

I'm also not moving him unless he is a part of a deal for a Felix Hernandez (or maybe Cole Hammels) type-player: a legitimate and young enough pitching-ace to pair with Verlander. You then would have 2 aces who can each pitch twice in a 7 game series... and you know what they say about good pitching vs. good hitting.

I think a package of:

Castellanos (Top-15 prospect in all of baseball who continues to rise)

Turner (Top-50 prospect who looks to have a #2-type ceiling)

Smyly/Crosby/Porcello - Take your pick (Young starters who look to have #3-type ceiling)

Boesch (Young power-hitting outfielder who despite struggles still has loads of potential)

might be able to swing you a Hammels or Hernandez (if the Mariners are looking to trade him). Now, would I trade that much for Shields? No. I would probably offer the bottom 3 players for Shields who is on the wrong side of 30 (I know that doesn't mean much for pitchers, but he's basically hit his ceiling in terms of velocity) and has been complacent as of late.

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't give up Castellanos for the likes of Shields, but maybe Hamels? with the only stipulation being that he re-signs or signs an extension. Not worth trading talent like that for a half season, and Hamels sounds like he wants to test the market. Would be nice to bag another ace, though. JV+Hamels or Felix would be money. Any of those guys you listed I'd be willing to part with, with the exception obviously being Castellanos (unless it's a HUGE deal, like Hamels or Hernandez).

But we seriously have to do something about the pitching. Or find a way to score 7 every night.

Tiger has won 3 tournaments this year, more than anyone else.

And even if, talent doesn't just go away. Sure, the results have been lacking (by his standards), but he's still talented.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived