2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The hipster reference had more to do with you liking something that no one else likes. I'd be lucky to get one question right in the hipster category on Jeopardy!, and I'm really OK with that. B)

I'm not a hipster, though. That's what's so weird. People here think I am, but I'm really just a huge dork. I have no contrived fashion sense or upscale consumption patterns. I wear gym shorts and eat rice from Costco.

By the way, are you doing the show this week? You have three hosts on pins and needles waiting for an answer. C'mon, it'll be fun.

Oh, I forgot to respond! Yeah, I'll sit in for a bit. I want/need to yell at people about NHL stuff. I might not have the best mic because I'm kind of in transition and have stuff packed but I'll do my best.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Congrats Tigers......... Sigh..........

Also, I never knew this until Today, but the stadium graphics TBS uses is indeed Comerica Park.

And, since this discussion still loosely involves it, the background stadium MLB Network always uses when they do something like display the standings, is the Oakland Coliseum. Of all the places!

spacer.png

"Bless you boys!"

Anyone remember that?

My dad had Sparky's "Bless You Boys" book so I read it when I was a kid. Not sure why he had it, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Thanks to the Tigers I'll be able to watch the World Series now, even if the Cardinals make it. Congrats to the Tiger fans here.

"Bless you boys!"

Anyone remember that?

My dad had Sparky's "Bless You Boys" book so I read it when I was a kid. Not sure why he had it, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Thanks to the Tigers I'll be able to watch the World Series now, even if the Cardinals make it. Congrats to the Tiger fans here.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm not a hipster, though. That's what's so weird. People here think I am, but I'm really just a huge dork. I have no contrived fashion sense or upscale consumption patterns. I wear gym shorts and eat rice from Costco.

Same here. I wear jeans & sweatshirts from Sam's Club. (I'd prefer Costco, but the nearest one is 70 miles away.) If I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I'll bring home a rotisserie chicken from Sam's club.

Oh, I forgot to respond! Yeah, I'll sit in for a bit. I want/need to yell at people about NHL stuff. I might not have the best mic because I'm kind of in transition and have stuff packed but I'll do my best.

Excellent! I'll PM you the necessary Skype info.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

The Giants are seriously thowing Zito in an elimination game? Series over. Cards win the pennant. :mad:

Well, they won game 4 last week, except it was with Lincecum who locked down the Reds out of the bullpen after Zito walked a lot of guys. It's frustrating this series, since the Reds are better then the Cards, but they seem to know how to win at this time of year. Its time to out-troll the Birds for 3 more games!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I think the second wild card has been a bad idea since day one. The appeal of the baseball playoffs has always been how difficult it was to reach. Now teams can coast around .500 all season, play .600 baseball in September and then have a shot at the world championship. Call it, the St. Louis Cardinals model. The added wild card makes baseball no better than the NFL, NHL, and NBA where bad regular season teams make the playoffs annually.

I really hope Atlanta wins that game because out of them, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, LA, and Pittsburgh, they're the only ones who have proven all season long that they're a worthy playoff team.

Remember when I said this back in September? I never thought this nightmare would happen again. How could it? Oh right, because sports are always terrible.

PvO6ZWJ.png

History's Greatest Monsters appreciate your prophetic support.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not good so far. The Giants are swinging at obvious balls in the dirt and letting ones go that are right down the middle. This obviously needs to change if we wanna send this back to SF.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived